SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Where to order custom velcro-backed patches?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Where to order custom velcro-backed patches? Login/Join 
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted
I'm needing to order about 5 sets of velcro-backed embroidered patches for my agency. Nothing too fancy... Just some 3" round badge patches, some 5"x1" name tapes, and some 8"x4" ID panels. (The badges will require digitizing, but the other two types of patches are just text.)

The local lady that usually does our patches and embroidery retired.

Our local cop shop is overpriced, and takes a really long time to make patches. (I'm pretty sure they just outsource it to a dedicated patch maker anyway.)

The local embroidery shops I've contacted can't make the patches themselves. They want me to source the pre-cut blank patch material in the correct sizes myself, then have them embroider the images/text on it, and then I'd have to find someone else to attach the hook backing. Roll Eyes

I see that there are a huge number of online patch shops. Unfortunately, some seem to have large minimum orders (20/50/100+), and some of the others I've looked at have poor reputations.

Does anyone know of a good online custom patch maker, with low/no minimum orders, good quality, reasonable prices, and decent turnaround times?

Posts: 32508 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Persian
Picture of PPGMD
posted Hide Post
Try contacting MilSpec Monkey. I know he does some small runs for industry stuff.

-------
A turbo: Exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens, and you go faster.

Mr. Doom and Gloom
"King in the north!"
"Slow is smooth... and also slow.

Posts: 20052 | Location: At the wall | Registered: February 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Purveyor of
Fine Avatars
Picture of Orguss
posted Hide Post
Patches? You don' need no stinkin' patches!

"I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak!" - Calvin, "Calvin & Hobbes"

Posts: 18023 | Location: Sonoma County, CA | Registered: April 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post