SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Missouri State Senator Who Called for President Donald Trump’s Assassination Calls for Slave Reparations
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Missouri State Senator Who Called for President Donald Trump’s Assassination Calls for Slave Reparations Login/Join 
Waiting for Hachiko
Picture of Sunset_Va
posted Hide Post
Waaah-Waaah....

I am crying my eyes out...

美しい犬

Posts: 6673 | Location: Near the Metropolis of Tightsqueeze, Va | Registered: February 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
Which country established slavery on this continent and other territories? You want reparations? Petition Buckingham Palace.

I was thinking West Africa, they are the ones who both the Brits and the Americans bought slaves from. But as Obama told us, the greatness of America was built on the backs of Black slaves.

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"
- Judge Learned Hand, May 1944

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cusingeorge
posted Hide Post
I thought making comments against the President in the manner she did warranted a visit from the Secret Service?

My tongue swore, but my mind was still unpledged.

Posts: 2196 | Location: Calumet, Oklahoma  | Registered: August 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
What frequently escapes folks with her mentality (of which there is typically little in-depth thought) is that being an American and NOT being where their descendants were originally from is almost universally the greatest blessing that could have happened to them out of something as tragic as slavery. Not to mention that many of them were sold into slavery by their own people.

You are only a victim of circumstance if you do nothing to change the outcome for yourself.

Both sides of my family came from Cuba during the same time period as the Civil Rights movement (both pre and post Castro) and all of us second generation Americans on both sides have progressed to being successful middle class families and some have done even better, within a single generation of coming here LEGALLY. Even our first generation family members and grandparents did well. Do not tell us about "privilege" or that it cannot be done. God helps those who help themselves and provides blessings and success in full measure to those that work hard and smart. Yeah, it really is that simple.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Dtech,

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
On another note, Dave Chapelle had a funny bit on how fast reparations would be squandered

Just look at what the Indians have done with their's.

Posts: 20099 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
My family going back as far as we can look up were poor as hell and struggled to get enough to eat until the last 30 years or so. I don’t owe anyone shit except my parents for all the years they struggled.

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dtech:
What frequently escapes folks with her mentality (of which there is typically little in-depth thought) is that being an American and NOT being where their decedents were originally from is almost universally the greatest blessing that could have happened to them out of something as tragic as slavery. Not to mention that many of them were sold into slavery by their own people.

You are only a victim of circumstance if you do nothing to change the outcome for yourself.

Both sides of my family came from Cuba during the same time period as the Civil Rights movement (both pre and post Castro) and all of us second generation Americans on both sides have progressed to being successful middle class families and some have done even better, within a single generation of coming here LEGALLY. Even our first generation family members and grandparents did well. Do not tell us about "privilege" or that it cannot be done. God helps those who help themselves and provides blessings and success in full measure to those that work hard and smart. Yeah, it really is that simple.

So your family worked, probably hard, to become part of, and enjoy the benefits of American culture. But just think, you could today demand reparations from Democrat Sen. Maria Chappelle-Nadal. I am sure she would be willing to pay up. Wink

"Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women. When it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it....While it lies there, it needs no constitution, no law, no court to save it"

Posts: 30668 | Location: UT | Registered: November 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
Ok, I'll bite Maria. Find me a current day slave and we'll talk. I'll wait.....

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Delusions of Adequacy
Picture of zoom6zoom
posted Hide Post
Senator, if you insist on erasing OUR past, don't expect to get paid for YOURS.

I have my own style of humor. I call it Snarkasm.

Posts: 17944 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
She is an idiot.

I wish I had a recording of her live stream I saw during the riots where she encouraged destruction.

I saw and heard it with my own two eyes.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I’ve an idea; how about you approach the political party that supported continuing slavery? What’s that? Can’t hear you, you ignorant bitch.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15575 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
"Someone wrote a statement on my Facebook and I responded with something that shouldn't have been put up there," Chappelle-Nadal stated about her assassination remarks. This fool has even less credibility then sense...

Posts: 13812 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nosce te ipsum
Picture of Woodman
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by olfuzzy:

(Chappelle-Nadal) “When I’m getting a single mother of three children calling me trying to find a place to live because they don’t have a place to live, that’s what’s on my mind today and every single day.”

The American Single Mother is not getting enough free stuff already?

People drive up in relatively new SUVs, including, yesterday, a Land Rover, to look at Section 8 housing nearby. Maybe there are not enough benefits for Chappelle-Nadal's constituents because all of the fraud within the entitlement system.

Well-dressed Asians and Latinos pulling shopping carts of higher-end beverages through checkout, paying with EBT. Beverages for resale at their stores?

Grossly obese customers with shopping carts filled with cheap soda and snacks, getting their multiple EBT cards mixed up in the check-out line (Oh, that is my cousin's card. He asked me to get him something).

Reading a little history, one quickly realizes slavery is the second oldest profession. Literally. My people were slaves many times over. But which of the conquering hordes can I sue first? Kiev, I command thee to open thy coffers unto me.

Posts: 8759 | Registered: March 24, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Someone needs to bring to light how my Italian ancestors were enslaved and treated like dogs in the street after immigrating to this country. In the course of history, there isn't an ethnic group in existence that hasn't been mistreated.

I'd like my reparations too, Ms. Chappelle [hyphen Roll Eyes] Nadal.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ethics, antics,
and ballistics
Picture of Dtech
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scoutmaster:
quote:
Originally posted by Dtech:
What frequently escapes folks with her mentality (of which there is typically little in-depth thought) is that being an American and NOT being where their descendants were originally from is almost universally the greatest blessing that could have happened to them out of something as tragic as slavery. Not to mention that many of them were sold into slavery by their own people.

So your family worked, probably hard, to become part of, and enjoy the benefits of American culture. But just think, you could today demand reparations from Democrat Sen. Maria Chappelle-Nadal. I am sure she would be willing to pay up. Wink

Even all my grandparents, with as much as they struggled with English (and their fair share of discrimination back in the day), made it a matter of pride in their new found country and all the opportunities and freedoms it had to offer, and all earned their citizenship. The first generation generally has it harder (and we are very greatful for their sacrifices)as they get a foothold, but we have all worked hard and have had our shares of successes, failures, and challenges. Ultimately through hard work, determination, and persistence, the end result has been overwhelmingly positive for us.

I think we should all demand reparations from her for having read or listened to her nonsense. Wink

-Dtech

"I've got a life to live, people to love, and a God to serve!" - sigmonkey

"Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value." - Albert Einstein

"A man can never have too much red wine, too many books, or too much ammunition" ― Rudyard Kipling

Posts: 4413 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: April 03, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
We'll start with you, bitch. Cash in all your accounts and start doling out YOUR money. You know, lead by example? Oh, wait...you want your reparations, too, huh? FU.

Posts: 9039 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Please put my name on the reparations list. My great grandfather became totally disabled while in the Union Army trying to free the slaves. Maria, you can send me a generous check.

Posts: 1500 | Location: S/W Illinois | Registered: October 29, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
What about the Jews? They were enslaved for 400 years.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
She's just an attention whore. The world is overflowing with whiners like this.

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No double standards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dtech:....I think we should all demand reparations from her for having read or listened to her nonsense. Wink

I like your thinking. Smile