SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Missouri State Senator Who Called for President Donald Trump’s Assassination Calls for Slave Reparations
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Missouri State Senator Who Called for President Donald Trump’s Assassination Calls for Slave Reparations Login/Join 
Picture of olfuzzy
posted
Haven't heard from this woman lately. They should give her a piece of land they're taking from white farmers in Africa and a one way plane ticket.

A black Missouri state senator who said she hoped President Donald Trump would be assassinated is now calling for reparations for blacks because of slavery.
During the debate over a tax bill on April 17, Democrat Sen. Maria Chappelle-Nadal (University City) took to the Senate floor at the state capital in Jefferson City to demand that the state pass a reparations policy. Chappelle-Nadal also criticized members of her own party for not joining in her effort, the Kansas City Star reported.

Chappelle-Nadal insisted that Democrats like Sen. Claire McCaskill (D-MO) are “no different” than Republicans who generally oppose reparations for slavery.

“Neither one of them give a heck about the black community, only the votes,” Chappelle-Nadal said during her comments on the floor of the Senate.

Chappelle-Nadal was motivated by emails and phone calls from constituents on the issue, saying, “When I’m getting a single mother of three children calling me trying to find a place to live because they don’t have a place to live, that’s what’s on my mind today and every single day.”

The senator also insisted that black Missourians—including her own ancestors—don’t get enough for their past work, saying, “In Boone County, Missouri, in Callaway County, Missouri—what my family contributed to making the state what it is today is incredible, and my family deserves way more than what it is getting today.”

Chappelle-Nadal was in the news last August when she posted to social media her hopes that President Trump would be assassinated.

After a backlash ensued, Chappelle-Nadal backed off and apologized for the post, but said she had no intention of resigning over the incident.

“I am not resigning. … What I said was wrong, but I am not going to stop talking about what led to that, which is the frustration and anger that many people across America are feeling right now,” she said.

Chappelle-Nadal found few of her fellow legislators to come to her side during her attack on Trump. Even Democrats like McCaskill and Rep. William Lacy Clay (D-MO 1st District) said she should resign for her comments.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-g...s-slave-reparations/

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never miss an
opportunity to STFU
posted Hide Post
Is that racist, hateful bitch still in office? She needs to be dancing on the end of a wire.

Never be more than one step away from your sword-Old Greek Wisdom

Posts: 2294 | Location: SE Mich-- USA | Registered: September 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
When I’m getting a single mother of three children calling me trying to find a place to live because they don’t have a place to live
I think I see a big part of the problem right here.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16509 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
Sorry, but if there was ever a time for reparations, that window closed about 1870.

Posts: 27925 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
A chastity belt is cheaper. The FSA is on the march. Call in the Arc Light strike.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5962 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
The more the Democrat party moves on from the black community and embraces the latino community as its future, the more shrill and radical the black politicians will become.

As far the Democratic party is concerned, the black population is equivalent to the Palestinians - useful as a club against their enemies and as a way to show you're down with the cause, but otherwise disrespected and ignored.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30641 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by egregore:
Sorry, but if there was ever a time for reparations, that window closed about 1870.

Every one of them lazy pieces of garbage have been getting reparations in the form of food stamps, welfare, Section 8, Medicaid, etc..., for fucking decades. And they want MORE? Fuck 'em.

Cut every one of them off the dole tomorrow.

If I were king for a day....

Posts: 20075 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
Which country established slavery on this continent and other territories? You want reparations? Petition Buckingham Palace.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29682 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
Dear Sen. Maria Chappelle-Nadal,

No.

Sincerely,

sig2340

P.S. Go fuck yourself.
P.P.S. And the horse you rode in on too.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 31425 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
It’s late in the week, I have no fucks to give.

Posts: 13231 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:
It’s late in the week, I have no fucks to give.
+1000

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
She's our own special version of Maxine Waters writ small. The "Rs" here own the governor's mansion, most of the courts, and enjoy a super majority in both houses.

So with that reality in mind, every once in a while this attention whore flower needs her some sunshine and water. So she goes to the nearest camera and says the dumbest most attention whore-ish thing she can. Sometimes she gets her attention, sometimes she doesn't.

It must have been a slow news day.

Posts: 10740 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Go look at any Union cemetery from the Civil War. PAID IN FULL!

“I'm fat because everytime I do your girlfriend, she gives me a cookie”.

Posts: 546 | Registered: December 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rule #1: Use enough gun
Picture of Bigboreshooter
posted Hide Post
quote:
my family deserves way more

Nope, you're getting exactly what you deserve: Everyone alive knows your IQ is lower than your age.

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are undisturbed. Luke 11:21

"Every nation in every region now has a decision to make.
Either you are with us, or you are with the terrorists." -- George W. Bush

Posts: 14826 | Location: Birmingham, Alabama | Registered: February 25, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
I see two avenues for reparations; first - provide the financial reparation to the original [living] slave, second - provide a one-way ticket for up to 20 decedents of said slave to the country from which the slave was originally kidnapped from.

(Of course the slave, if still surviving, may take both first AND second options if they so desire.)

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

"If dogs don't go to Heaven, I want to go where they go" Will Rogers

Posts: 14034 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Reparations are fine with me as long as they are paid to the slave by the slave owner. Having the fruits of someone’s labor ensure to someone else’s benefit is the very problem we are trying to rectify so let’s not repeat it. Also, the whole due process thing really looks down on punishing one person for the crimes of another.

Posts: 994 | Location: Tampa | Registered: July 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
There are a few-- very few-- people alive today who can legitimately claim to be the children of a parent born into slavery. Quite a few more, but still a small number in terms of the U.S. population, are alive who had a grandparent born into slavery.

Y'know what? I'm good with giving either group "reparations" as long as their acceptance means they agree to never, ever again accept any form of public assistance. Any. Ever. I think the very idea of "reparations" for some harm done to an ancestor is bullshit, but I'm OK with my tax dollars going to this just to make this point:

Any takers can line up here. Bueller? Bueller? I'm thinking that few would take that "bad deal."

Posts: 2456 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I deposited my slave reparations in the porcelain bank.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43865 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
What a useless, racist POS

On another note, Dave Chapelle had a funny bit on how fast reparations would be squandered

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23209 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post