SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    My new job has me working in western MA. It's like southern NH.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

My new job has me working in western MA. It's like southern NH. Login/Join 
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted
What a pleasure.

For a variety of reasons, I'm less stressed. Among them, is that the people, to the last, have not been ratcheted so tight. For New England, mind you.

But Damn, I am happy to not be working in Metro Boston anymore.

Outside 495, the Trump stickers also appear regularly.

It makes me feel hope for the state.

Arc.
"You're a junkyard dog." - Lupe Flores. RIP

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Yeah, it's funny how when you get out into the more rural areas of that part of the country and meet real people you realize that it all hasn't gone into the crapper.

Were it not for a handful of urban areas, New England would be mostly solid red.

Posts: 20066 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
So, like America?

There is hope yet, that this SJW/Leftist/Progressive infection can be nullified.

Arc.

Posts: 27000 | Location: On fire, off the shoulder of Orion | Registered: June 09, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Assault Accountant
Picture of 12GA
posted Hide Post
I originally hail from the Berkshires. Solid salt of the earth folks there.

Posts: 2582 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
Let's just skip to the next civil war so I can occupy the nearest Market Basket and help the rest of the state advance and retake Boston.

Arc.

Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
I grew up just south of the border there.
Pretty area with lots of history but way too expensive to live and they have winter there.

Posts: 9491 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
I did enjoy my time spent working for Duke, and the Almost Winter. But, I do for some strange reason enjoy a proper freeze.

Can't quite place it. Maybe because cold defeats all kinds of insects, including Nazis.

Arc.

Observer
Picture of phxtoad
posted Hide Post
Born and raised in Chicopee. Western Mass is a different world. I miss it...

phxtoad

"Careful man, there's a beverage here!"

Posts: 420 | Location: Tempe, Arizona | Registered: October 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
Did a day job in Pittsfield once, it was like going to Tennessee minus the accent of course

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5131 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
That's a good reminder that there are good people everywhere in this country. Some places you may have to look harder than others, but you can find good people everywhere.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vote the
BASTIDS OUT!
Picture of yanici
posted Hide Post
Just to be clear. There are many heavily BLUE areas in western MA.

John

"Building a wall will violate the rights of millions of illegals." [Nancy Pelosi]

Posts: 2406 | Location: N.E. Massachusetts | Registered: June 05, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Certified All Positions
Picture of arcwelder
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by yanici:
Just to be clear. There are many heavily BLUE areas in western MA.

Well, it is MA...

But I bet those places are baby or powder blue compared to the Royal Blue of say Brookline, or any place inside 95.

Arc.

Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
I did enjoy my time spent working for Duke, and the Almost Winter. But, I do for some strange reason enjoy a proper freeze.

Can't quite place it. Maybe because cold defeats all kinds of insects, including Nazis.

There’s a few small peaks in western VA that’ll fulfill your requirements. Come on down.

Posts: 13740 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arcwelder76:
So, like America?

There is hope yet, that this SJW/Leftist/Progressive infection can be nullified.

Precisely. Welcome home to America!!

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20319 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
There is definitely dark blue out here in the Western part of the state just look at Amherst and Northampton . Bat shit crazies

Posts: 380 | Location: masshole | Registered: August 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I don't know man I
just got here myself
Picture of mrw
posted Hide Post
Only one thing worse than working inside 495, working inside 128!

mrw

Hand Made Custom Knives
www.sandownforge.com

Posts: 1737 | Location: Gulf Coast Florida | Registered: June 29, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leave the gun.
Take the cannoli.
posted Hide Post
I’ve always said that if you could discount the votes inside the 495 beltway, the political landscape in MA would be a lot different.

Posts: 6634 | Location: New England | Registered: January 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of MaSigchist
posted Hide Post
Well most towns westa woosta are pretty nice.
How far west are you working ? I can probably point you to a gunshop. There is a nice one in Turners Falls.

-Scott

SPDTool LLC - Pocket Sized Field Armorer Tools
http://www.spdtool.com

-Certified Sig Sauer Armorer
-Certified Smith & Wesson M&P Armorer
-NRA Pistol Instructor
-NRA Shotgun Instructor
-NRA Range Safety Officer
-NRA Metallic cartridge & Shotgun Reloading Instructor
-MA Certified Firearms Instructor

Posts: 909 | Location: Greenfield, MA USA | Registered: May 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post