SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Did/Does your lady friend drive you around????
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Did/Does your lady friend drive you around???? Login/Join 
Picture of Rinehart
posted Hide Post
I usually drive although we take turns on trips.

*The exception is if we are in NYC visiting her folks. In that case I let her drive because she grew up in the city and fully understands the city-driver mindset.

(I.E. stoplights and stop signs are optional, one way streets are for out of towners, you can double and triple-park anywhere, people behind you start blowing their horn BEFORE your light turns green, etc).

Posts: 1507 | Location: PA | Registered: March 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Good, bad, I'm the
guy with the gun
Picture of 45ProCarry
posted Hide Post
Yes my wife drives me around sometimes. Usually because I have had a drink or two with dinner, I have been up for 24hrs or if I have been injured in some way.

Normally, I drive whenever we are together.

Posts: 2343 | Location: USA | Registered: May 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
My wife will drive me on rare occasion‘s, she much prefers me to chauffeur her around.

Posts: 13680 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lucky to be Irish
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RNshooter:
Her vehicle, she drives. Unless it's after dark. She can't see very well in the dark.
My vehicle, I drive, unless I've had a drink.
Long trips, we switch off.

It only seems fair.

Bruce

Yup, same here.

Posts: 1770 | Location: Mason, OH | Registered: October 19, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of m1009
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RNshooter:
Her vehicle, she drives. Unless it's after dark. She can't see very well in the dark.
My vehicle, I drive, unless I've had a drink.
Long trips, we switch off.

It only seems fair.

Bruce

That pretty much how we handle it.....we take turns. If it's my truck, I drive. Of course, the year he broke his ankle, I drove all the time until it finally healed.

Posts: 1126 | Registered: September 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
Sometimes. She loves to drive her car and I don't so I'm happy to let her drive it. Other than that, I generally drive.

Posts: 6917 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cparktd
posted Hide Post
When we go in her GMC Envoy we argue over who has to drive.
When we go in the Miata we argue over who gets to drive.

If it ain't woke... don't fix it.

Posts: 4128 | Location: Middle Tennessee | Registered: February 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lcbjr77
posted Hide Post
When we drive in her car she drives(GMC Envoy), I hate it, the 4 cylinder is so doggy Confused

When we drive in my car I drive (Toyota Highlander) Smile

----------------------------------
Walther PPS M2

Posts: 1863 | Location: CT | Registered: October 31, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sometimes. I drive 25 minutes to work and back and drive a patrol car 60+ hours a week at work, so frankly, I just get sick of all the windshield time and ask her to drive sometimes.

Posts: 5163 | Location: Iowa | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
No I drive, Driving miss Daisy, my wife has a foot to peddle issue, she can not hold a steady rpm fluctuating 2-300 rpms. It drives me crazy lol.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4834 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
What you are referring to is that today's women have taken the male role and today's men the female role. Both genders have been convinced that the other has it better.

Posts: 1403 | Registered: November 07, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Her car - she drives.

My car/truck - I drive.

We did a 128 mile loop today. She was the pilot and I was the navigator.

I have no problem riding shotgun as I probably log 50K miles/year between work and personal.

Posts: 417 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: June 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife always drives and I don't drive at all, we only have the one car. Although it is unusual for the woman to always drive and the man not to drive at all, it is not as unusual in the UK as in America. Some people do find it strange that a man depends on his wife to drive, but she likes driving so it seems normal for us that the woman always drives and not the man. My wife enjoys the fact that when she drives she feels in control and with me not interested in driving and sat in the passenger seat it gives her a sense of empowerment, being in charge in the car department.

Posts: 1 | Registered: September 24, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eschew Obfuscation
posted Hide Post
Thought I was the only one!

We've been married 30+ years. But, even before we were married, we got into the habit of her driving. She likes to drive more than I and so I was happy to let her.

I never gave it a second thought until a couple of years after we married, a couple of my brother-in-laws groused to me about it because their better halves were complaining to them and using me as an example.

They tried to shame me ("Aren't you the man of the house?"). I just laughed in their face and kept on letting her drive. I get to read, watch the scenery, and best of all, sleep. I like the arrangement just fine.

EDIT: Based on some of the comments I'm reading, when we take my car, I drive. That doesn't change our situation much though - because 99% of the time, we take her car. Big Grin

“Civilization is not inherited; it has to be learned and earned by each generation anew; if the transmission should be interrupted for one century, civilization would die, and we should be savages again." - Will Durant

Posts: 6401 | Location: Chicago, IL | Registered: December 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by British Male:
My wife always drives and I don't drive at all, we only have the one car. Although it is unusual for the woman to always drive and the man not to drive at all, it is not as unusual in the UK as in America. Some people do find it strange that a man depends on his wife to drive, but she likes driving so it seems normal for us that the woman always drives and not the man. My wife enjoys the fact that when she drives she feels in control and with me not interested in driving and sat in the passenger seat it gives her a sense of empowerment, being in charge in the car department.

Posts: 107556 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
secure the Blessings of Liberty
Picture of rackrack
posted Hide Post
Sometimes I drive, sometimes I let the beautician drive.

Posts: 1456 | Location: NC | Registered: February 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post