SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Did/Does your lady friend drive you around????
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Did/Does your lady friend drive you around???? Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted
Does your ladyfriend be it wife, girlfriend, significant other what ever you may term it as drive you around? (Does not include you being intoxicated)
I am seeing many new trends in today's young people that just seem odd to me. One that strikes me is when I look at the car next to me and the young lady is driving with a fella in the front passenger seat.
I have rattled my brain and can come up with 2 instances where a girlfriend or my wife drove me.
I broke my wrist playing softball in High School and my girlfriend drove me to the hospital. My wife and I were on a hike and I had an unexpected date with a beehive and got stung about 50 times. I took damn near an entire box of Benadryl and my wife drove us home.
Other than that I always drive or drove my ladyfriends. Thinking more about it I can't really think of my friends that had their lady friends drive.

Another one I notice that chaps me a bit is when there are 2 dudes in the front and girl in the back. Ladies ALWAYS ride shotgun over fellas.
I guess I am just getting old maybe I am the odd one and just never paid attention to it before.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25354 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
Actually yes. My wife is a control freak. When I drive she is constantly "pressing the imaginary brake" or making surprised sounds. It is just easier to let her drive. And frankly I don't miss it much.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My other half does most of the driving. She gets car sick and on top of that, has some anxiety issues with other people driving. She can handle my driving, but it's less stressful for her to be in the pilot seat. Fortunately, we're both above average drivers, so it's easier for me (someone who typically prefers the pilot seat) to go with this arrangement.

-------------
$

Posts: 7655 | Location: Mid-Michigan, USA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Ya, I let my wife drive when she wants, or if we need to get somewhere quick.

Unless she calls shotgun, girls always ride backseat where I'm from.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
My ex-boss was a giant douchenozzle, and he disliked driving (no correlation between doucheyness and not driving). On business trips, he always got someone else to get the rental car (e.g. Me), and then he'd volunteer to pick up people all over town for dinner. He said his wife always drives when they're together.

My current boss is a great guy, but can't put down work. He is always reading or on the phone in the passenger seat. On business trips, he always got someone else to get the rental car (e.g. Me), and you can't count on him to navigate because he is multitasking. He said his wife always drives when they're together, and he reads and talks on phone in passenger seat (even on vacation).

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
You're going to feel
a little pressure...
posted Hide Post
Her vehicle, she drives. Unless it's after dark. She can't see very well in the dark.
My vehicle, I drive, unless I've had a drink.
Long trips, we switch off.

It only seems fair.

Bruce

"The designer of the gun had clearly not been instructed to beat about the bush. 'Make it evil,' he'd been told. 'Make it totally clear that this gun has a right end and a wrong end. Make it totally clear to anyone standing at the wrong end that things are going badly for them. If that means sticking all sort of spikes and prongs and blackened bits all over it then so be it. This is not a gun for hanging over the fireplace or sticking in the umbrella stand, it is a gun for going out and making people miserable with." -Douglas Adams

“It is just as difficult and dangerous to try to free a people that wants to remain servile as it is to try to enslave a people that wants to remain free."
-Niccolo Machiavelli

The trouble with fighting for human freedom is that one spends most of one's time defending scoundrels. For it is against scoundrels that oppressive laws are first aimed, and oppression must be stopped at the beginning if it is to be stopped at all. -Mencken

Posts: 4245 | Location: AK-49 | Registered: October 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
My dad prefers to let my mom drive, and she enjoys it. It lets him get work done.

Posts: 3655 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dirty Boat Guy
Picture of parallel
posted Hide Post
About a dozen times in 28 + years.

A penny saved is a government oversight.

Posts: 6708 | Location: New Orleans Area | Registered: January 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
My wife prefers to drive. And her car gets better gas mileage than my truck.

We trade off driving on long trips. I drive at night, because her night vision isn't the best. I drive when she's been drinking. And I drive when we have to take my truck (hauling cargo/dogs/etc.)

But most of the time, other than those situations, she drives me around in her car. I don't have any problem with that.

Posts: 32423 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
quote:
Fortunately, we're both above average drivers....

Aren't we all??

We split is up on road trips, whether it is slogging through miles on a trip to another destination or a just-for-fun trip out thrashing the cars around.

Around town, I'm almost always at the wheel. No real reason. Also, making things easier, we don't really have his and hers cars. We've got three unique vehicles for different purposes, but we use them interchangeably between us two.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12348 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Suppressed
posted Hide Post
My wife drives because she gets motion sickness. If we are on a long trip and she needs a break, she tries to go to sleep so she doesn't get sick.

Posts: 3229 | Location: MD | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grandiosity is a sign
of mental illness
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:

Another one I notice that chaps me a bit is when there are 2 dudes in the front and girl in the back. Ladies ALWAYS ride shotgun over fellas.
I guess I am just getting old maybe I am the odd one and just never paid attention to it before.

One word - headroom. TALL people ride shotgun, short people go in the back. I don't care who they are.

When we were dating, my (now) wife got a car slightly before I did. When we went anywhere in her car, she drove. Usually.

Now, unless I'm deathly ill/migraine/lost a contact lens/whatever, I drive. Because I don't mind driving and to her it's like work. (Yeah thousand mile each way road trips, I still do all the driving. No big deal.) Just like she does most of the cooking, because she doesn't mind it and to me it's like work.

We're grownups and we get to decide what each of us want to do, how we're going to divide the labor. One size does not fit all.

Posts: 2453 | Location: MO | Registered: March 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of kg5388
posted Hide Post
I drive all day for work so around town my wife drives. Trips and motorcycle are when I always drive. That's why she won't get her motorcycle license and her own bike because she likes to ride on the back and be treated like a princess

Posts: 1846 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: January 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of billnchristy
posted Hide Post
I drive my car she drives hers for the most part. Since hers uses no gas we generally use it on the weekends.

------------------------------------
My books on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/William-...id=1383531982&sr=8-1
email if you'd like auto'd copies.

Posts: 17916 | Location: Lawrenceville GA | Registered: April 15, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
E tan e epi tas
Picture of cslinger
posted Hide Post
She does what I say and if I say drive me she drives me.

I hope to God she does what I say and doesn't browse SIGFORUM. Smile

Seriously though depends on the car or the situation. Most times I prefer to drive but not always.

"Guns are tools. The only weapon ever created was man."

Posts: 7631 | Location: On the water | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
When she displeases me, I make her pull me around town in a rickshaw.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
No longer and it was rare even at then. My wife has retina problems. She literally is blind in one eye and can’t see out of the other.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
No, never, unless I had surgery, so like 3x in 37 years.

Posts: 937 | Location: Greeley, CO | Registered: March 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I drive. My husband only drives if I’ve been drinking or I’ve been in the ER/hospital.

He’s ADD and makes me carsick (and I don’t get carsick).

I made the excuse of he drives all day for work, so I’d drive everywhere else and it was accepted.

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Posts: 719 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post