SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Is the karmanator website down?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Is the karmanator website down? Login/Join 
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Well, that's a big concern...

Frown

Has anyone sent an email?

always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
I too wonder if anyone has sent an email to him in New Mexico to see if he's okay?

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Report This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Sent him an email. Waiting for a reply.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Report This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
The domain was renewed three days ago, but it's still parked, for some reason:

$ whois karmanator.com
   Domain Name: KARMANATOR.COM
   Registry Domain ID: 732863349_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
   Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.domain.com
   Registrar URL: http://www.domain.com
   Updated Date: 2021-01-02T09:17:15Z
   Creation Date: 2006-12-30T18:49:00Z
   Registry Expiry Date: 2021-12-30T18:49:00Z
   Registrar: Domain.com, LLC
   Registrar IANA ID: 886
   Registrar Abuse Contact Email: compliance@domain-inc.net
   Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: 602-226-2389
   Domain Status: ok https://icann.org/epp#ok
   Name Server: NS1.MYDOMAINCOM-EXPIRED.DOMAINPARKINGSERVER.NET
   Name Server: NS2.MYDOMAINCOM-EXPIRED.DOMAINPARKINGSERVER.NET
   DNSSEC: unsigned
   URL of the ICANN Whois Inaccuracy Complaint Form: https://www.icann.org/wicf/

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Somebody who knows him might want to try to contact him? I don't think I've ever communicated with him, so my email might have gone to Spam.

Q

Posts: 26203 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Report This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Wow, he last posted a year ago. Eek

I’m bummed that I didn’t catch on to the fact that he has been absent for a year; I always felt a kinship with Chance. Hope you’re just busy with something else, Chance

Posts: 13164 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Report This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
I just tried to renew the domain for Chance. His registrar sucks. It is impossible there to renew a domain for which you do not have access to the account.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Posting a video from utoob isn't difficult.

1) open up SF Thread and select Reply/Post
2) Open up new tab on utoob with the video you want to show in SF up and running
3) Look below the video to the right for the Share Icon. Click it.
4) you'll see a pop up window, look for the button with Embed under it. Click That Button.
5) Another window will open, Embed Video will be the title, Click Copy in the lower Right,
6) Return to your SF Post/Reply
7) Click the video button it looks like a Piece of Movie Film on the button tray above where you want to post, it's next to the image button and the next to last button.
8) You will see [ flash player ] [ / Flash Player] appear in the text box where you type your post. Click inbetween those two and paste the Embed Video Code you copied from utoob.
10) If you are ready, click Post Now...

[FLASH_VIDEO ] <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/pDlZLsJJkVA" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
[ / FLASH_VIDEO]

I put extra spaces in the code [flash video] so it would show you what it looks like when you paste the embed video code you copy, what you'll get is below...

Posts: 23238 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thank you HRK,

I may try that tomorrow , when I get to a computer.

I appreciate you taking the time,
Do you have a 1-800 number ?

Smile

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Report This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Obviously, no one here knows about Chance’s welfare. I did try to contact him through email and have received no response. I guess now I feel like something happened to him. Frown

Posts: 13164 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Report This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
If the site is back up, is Chance okay???

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:

Was just wondering the same thing, I’m confused by this karma considering the site does not appear to be back up.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/6460055874

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12304 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Report This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:

Was just wondering the same thing, I’m confused by this karma considering the site does not appear to be back up.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/6460055874

You are correct, it is not.

posted Hide Post

TAH DAH !

If I can do it . . . . . .

again
great big Thank you

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Report This Post
The Karmanator
Picture of Chance
posted Hide Post
Hi Folks,

A number of you have reached out to me and I appreciate it.

For reasons of my own I have decided that I am going to put an end to the Karmanator. Mostly this is due to my wife coming very close to dying, and us living with the the aftermath of that event. It isn't clear if she will ever completely recover.

This has had a major impact on me and how I view how to live my life.

Everything has its time, and all things come to an end.

Good luck to everyone.

Posts: 3276 | Registered: December 12, 2002Report This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Chance,

Glad you're ok. Sorry to hear about your wife, though: (. My prayers are with you.

Is there any chance I or some one else here could take it over from you for the good of SF? Lacking that: Could I or someone else here at SF get copies of the code for the karmanator and tubeit?

I'll email you, as well.

Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Chance,

So very sorry to hear about your wife.

Thank you for posting. Was worried...

Prayers for you and your wife.

Please take care and be strong for her.

Prayers for you both.

God bless.

Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chance:
Hi Folks,[snip]

Everything has its time, and all things come to an end.

Good luck to everyone.

Chance, thanks for checking in and I'm glad to hear you are ok, but very sorry to hear of your wife's health issues.

Prayers and good thoughts headed your way.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for all you did for this forum for many years. I wish the best for you and hope your wife recovers quickly.

Posts: 12575 | Registered: January 17, 2011Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I am very sorry that I erroneously thought that the Karmanator was back up, and I offer help to Chance to do so again. Chance, my prayers go up to your wife!!

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Report This Post