SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Is the karmanator website down?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Is the karmanator website down? Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NavyGuy:
Karmanator did more than generate karma winners (which it did with ease) like making it easy to post inline videos. Yeah yeah, I know follow the instructions for selecting the proper thing in YouTube and all that, but for those that only posted videos once or twice a year, using the karmanator made this easy.

Very True.

I'm sorry Chance is apparently so deep in depression with the sad loss of his wife that even the relatively minor effort to pass things along to Para is too much.

Prayers for him.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Report This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NavyGuy:
Karmanator did more than generate karma winners (which it did with ease) like making it easy to post inline videos. Yeah yeah, I know follow the instructions for selecting the proper thing in YouTube and all that, but for those that only posted videos once or twice a year, using the karmanator made this easy.
You can copy a link to this site but I'm not sure how the original worked. This is just thrown together so I may have to tweak it to work with different formats of the URL.

http://imaginekitty.com/tubinator.php

Posts: 45330 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Report This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark123:
You can copy a link to this site but I'm not sure how the original worked. This is just thrown together so I may have to tweak it to work with different formats of the URL.

http://imaginekitty.com/tubinator.php

I just posted a video in the Biden thread and it works fine. Thanks Mark123

I'm alright it's the rest of the world that's all screwed up!

Posts: 1363 | Location: Southern Michigan | Registered: May 30, 2009Report This Post
The Karmanator
Picture of Chance
posted Hide Post
You know, to me this is really weird to me. I have my reasons for wanting to be done. Tried to explain it briefly. But I just don't want to deal with it anymore.

The code isn't hard - someone has already recreated it so you didn't need it my code. The name Karmanator is just a name, I am sure someone can come up with an even better one.

There was nothing special or unique about what I created.

I wish you guys all the best.

Posts: 3276 | Registered: December 12, 2002Report This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chance:
You know, to me this is really weird to me.

You find it weird that people are mystified as to why somebody who'd provided a valued service to the forum for years would up and quit, with no advance notice, and be completely unwilling to make the slightest effort to ease any kind of transition to a replacement?

I find it weird you find that weird.

Do you also find it weird members were actually seriously concerned for you, as well?

quote:
Originally posted by Chance:
I wish you guys all the best.

Same to you, Chance.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Report This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
I'm sorry Chance is apparently so deep in depression with the sad loss of his wife

Loss of his wife?

Year V

Posts: 2613 | Registered: November 05, 2012Report This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Keystoner:
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
I'm sorry Chance is apparently so deep in depression with the sad loss of his wife

Loss of his wife?

My mistake... he came very close to loosing her but didn't. Apologies to all.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Report This Post
The Karmanator
Picture of Chance
posted Hide Post
My grandfather used to say no good deed goes unpunished.

Crazy man, crazy.

Posts: 3276 | Registered: December 12, 2002Report This Post
posted Hide Post
How about we just leave chance alone. Honestly guys. I’ve been in his position and I can tell you for sure it puts things into a different perspective. The man has better things to worry about right now and the karmanator probably doesn’t feel important to him. I worried he is depressed and I can speak from experience that true deep depression can make almost anything not worth the effort.

Chance, I’m sorry to hear about your wife, I hope life makes a positive turn for you two soon. Hang in there.

Posts: 548 | Location: washington state. | Registered: June 30, 2008Report This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^
This.

The man was a great contributor and helped provide a great service.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12304 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lunchbox:
How about we just leave chance alone.
Members contacted him out of concern. There's nothing wrong with that. This conversation we're having now is an outgrowth of all that, and oh, by the way, yeah, this is something I really wanted to deal with. I finally contacted the man because members kept asking. So, there's that "no good deed" thingy again, huh?

Who is bothering him? People acted in good faith when they contacted him and I'm fairly certain he's not getting a bunch of emails now, so...

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107254 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
Alright, I think this is OK to release.

I have come up with some options that I think may alleviate this from happening in the future.
  1. Someone register a domain name for this
  2. parabellum register a domain name
  3. come up with a suitable domain name and I'll register it
  4. I can continually host the files where it is now
  5. I can give them to someone to host
  6. Let me upload the files to someone else's server
  7. Whatever you want, just let me know

Regardless of all that, here's the link until some decision is made concerning the above.
http://imaginekitty.com/karma.php

Posts: 45330 | Location: Pennsyltucky | Registered: December 05, 2001Report This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Nice work brother. Thanks for doing this.

Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
quote:
3. come up with a suitable domain name and I'll register it

It has to have the word 'Karmanator' in it!

Year V

Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
mark123, I love that you have the SigForum search go through DuckDuckGo.

Year V

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:

I have come up with some options that I think may alleviate this from happening in the future.
Technical question for parabellum: Is Mark's solution something that could possibly be integrated with the SIGforum software, or otherwise piggy-back on the website?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Report This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Thanks Mark. You're the man today.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Report This Post
Picture of Keystoner
posted Hide Post
I know it's crude: lock a thread with the link, and maybe some directions and pics for the really computer illiterate, although none needed--it was easy and self-explanatory.

Year V

posted Hide Post
Free is great,

But is anything free ?
When it comes to the www ?

What's it going to cost and where will the funds come from to pay for it ?

Safety, Situational Awareness and proficiency.

Neck Ties, Hats and ammo brass, Never ,ever touch'em w/o asking first

Posts: 54500 | Location: Henry County , Il | Registered: February 10, 2004Report This Post
W07VH5
Picture of mark123
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bendable:
Free is great,

But is anything free ?
When it comes to the www ?

What's it going to cost and where will the funds come from to pay for it ?
You can register a domain name for around $12/year (I'm sure the price went up recently though). Shared hosting is free to $30/month and everywhere in between.