SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Traveling to London then Italy, can I check knife?
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Traveling to London then Italy, can I check knife? Login/Join 
Picture of smlsig
posted Hide Post
I went through this conundrum back in May when I went to Africa for several weeks but had an extended stay in London as well..

I decided to bring check my lock back knife and keep it deep in my pocket while in London. If I were to get attacked I would much rather explain it to a court than to deal with a coroner..

On the other hand I found London to be extremely safe and the people very friendly. I would not hesitate to go back. Of course, I'm not one to stay out until 2 am either and stuck to the touristy sites which were very interesting as well as well represented by the local constables.

------------------
Eddie

Our Founding Fathers were men who understood that the right thing is not necessarily the written thing. -kkina

Posts: 6309 | Location: In transit | Registered: February 19, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I travel to Europe. A lot. Don’t do it. The laws over there can vary widely, and you don’t want to get sideways with the Carabinieri. LEOs in Europe have exactly zero sense of homor.

Posts: 590 | Registered: December 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chuck416...you don’t want to get sideways with the Carabinieri.

These lads? No, you don't.

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act

Posts: 3435 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too old to run,
too mean to quit!
posted Hide Post
I would leave the cutting tools at home rather than take a chance of dealing with some police agency over there.

I prefer a "walking stick" about 4 feet long. Last few times I was over there, one saw quite a number of them.

Elk

There has never been an occasion where a people gave up their weapons in the interest of peace that didn't end in their massacre. (Louis L'Amour)

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical. "
-Thomas Jefferson

"America is great because she is good. If America ceases to be good, America will cease to be great." Alexis de Tocqueville

FBHO!!!

The Idaho Elk Hunter

Posts: 25640 | Location: Virginia | Registered: December 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
The French Army knife may be acceptable.

Posts: 8603 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post