SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Man Attacks Woman Riding Motorcycle, Gets Shot Dead
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Man Attacks Woman Riding Motorcycle, Gets Shot Dead Login/Join 
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
His wife was probably glad that bastard is dead...

https://www.teampython.com

Posts: 8354 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
The guy who chose to escalate into physical violence chose poorly. I know I've read it here in the past, "don't start none, won't be none".

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2009 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xl_target
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sig209:
quote:
Originally posted by xl_target:

1. If you go looking for prejudice (bigotry, bias, etc), you will find it.
2. No one can make you feel anything (angry, betrayed, disappointed, hurt, etc). Only you can make yourself feel that.

Uuuuhhh, no.

I agree the first point.

If I walk up and spit in your face - you're going to be pissed off. Not your fault - totally my fault.

-----------------------------------------

If you walked up to me and spit in my face, I'd probably deck you. It would be an unthinking reaction.
Utimately, however, only I have control over my actions/reactions. The responsibility that I take for hitting you would be mine, and mine alone.
I don't take offense to others people's bad driving, except to get out of their way.
In the log run, it's not worth it. It just doesn't matter.

Posts: 2322 | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Crom:
quote:
The space does piss me off, when it backs traffic up into the next intersection or stop light.

How can leaving extra space "enrage" or "piss off" anyone ?!?
That is completely nutso. "It" doesn't back up any traffic unless the traffic is pulling forward before there is really enough space to get across the intersection. It is the space of ONE CAR. It can't possible affect the overall flow of traffic. Just imagine one more car on the road.

If there's room for 10 cars, and there's only 7 with 3 spaces, 3 cars didn't make it through the first light. If any of those 3 wanted to turn right or left at the first light, the traffic has been backed up by the people leaving spaces.

Or if one would have pulled forward, another driver might have been able to enter a left or right turn lane. Most of the time you can turn right on red, but you sure can't if you can't access the turn lane.

Leaving space can and does obstruct traffic.

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xl_target:
2. No one can make you feel anything (angry, betrayed, disappointed, hurt, etc). Only you can make yourself feel that.

A man is either the master of his emotions or his emotions are the master of him. The latter is not a recipe for success.

Posts: 6919 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
If there's room for 10 cars, and there's only 7 with 3 spaces, 3 cars didn't make it through the first light. If any of those 3 wanted to turn right or left at the first light, the traffic has been backed up by the people leaving spaces.

Or if one would have pulled forward, another driver might have been able to enter a left or right turn lane. Most of the time you can turn right on red, but you sure can't if you can't access the turn lane.

It is annoying for sure, but it does not justify beating on the "offending" motorist.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30669 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:

It is annoying for sure, but it does not justify beating on the "offending" motorist.

I'm not defending or justifying this guys actions. In no way was he right.

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm Fine
Picture of SBrooks
posted Hide Post
It doesn't justify a beating. But it does mess with traffic flow.

Each light with every car leaving a space between means that half as many cars make it through the light every time than it was designed to handle. Thus extending the traffic jam experienced every morning and every afternoon.

I agree - one person doing it isn't going to change anyones life. But if it were a common thing - it would screw up traffic congestion.

I guess I just have never lived anywhere where I think I might need to bolt through a light to avoid some horrendous danger. It would have to be a hell of a risk for me to be willing to turn into oncoming traffic and/or go through a red light to avoid it....

------------------
SBrooks

Posts: 3791 | Location: East Tennessee | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Big sigh here, only on the internet, Liitle League games or hypothetical traffic flow scenarios, can we gin up justification for opening up a can of whoop-ass.
I don't leave enough spacing between cars often enough whether in a drive through lane or at a stop light. It isn't super situational operator awareness, I would prefer not to get hung up in even the most mundane traffic situations fender benders ahead of me/car malfunctions/whatever that doesn't require me to stay at the scene. And it's very hard to qualify or quantify what individual car spacing would actually result in, IMHO.

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1527 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
It's just driving and it's never perfect. Some people dont have what it takes to wait, untill things start moving along again, traffic flow. I've seen drivers get angry and aggressive attitudes, when they start their car on a empty street, parked at the curb. F'n monsters in traffic. Guy was probably pissed to start with and in the company of his spouse got big balls. Seen it many times. Probably figured sinse it was a female rider, its the one fight he couldnt lose. Probably even felt all he man roughing up a lady. He earned what he got. Too bad buster.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Wow, good for her.

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
I don't let the motorcycle morons enrage me - I'm in a 4500# vehicle and they are riding around on a scooter. They can do all the stupid shit they want to and when they screw up, it'll likely be lights out for them by crashing into a car, obstacle, you name it.

Not all of them are douches, but the percentage is pretty high. The group riders are likely the leftover kids who topped out after high school, want some excitement in their boring lives, and think playing Need for Speed on a scooter.

But hey, there are plenty of people out there needing organs, so let the organ donors do what they do.

In this case it seems like a typical bubba douche driving his truck got mad and justifiably killified. Good riddance.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
It's just driving and it's never perfect. Some people dont have what it takes to wait, untill things start moving along again, traffic flow. I've seen drivers get angry and aggressive attitudes, when they start their car on a empty street, parked at the curb. F'n monsters in traffic............

We travel I-20 between East Texas and DFW fairly regularly, we see that impatience and attitude so often, when traffic is reducing to one lane for what ever reason, and those drivers who just have to barrel ahead in the open but soon to be shut off lane. All just to get ahead of everyone else who is getting into the other lane. The only enjoyment derived in these situations is when a couple of semis will get two abreast and slow down those jokers who think that the deserve to charge to the head of the line and be let into the open lane.

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1527 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
IME people following too close cause more problems and accidents than those who leave space between themselves and the vehicle in front of them. In addition to which, always having an out yourself is definitely preferable, to avoid rear end collisions or get into another lane if something in front of you is stopping traffic.

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Just for non riders info, in the motorcycle safety course new riders are taught to have an escape route planned at all times and to always leave a cushion in front of you.

Posts: 3454 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark60:
Just for non riders info, in the motorcycle safety course new riders are taught to have an escape route planned at all times and to always leave a cushion in front of you.

Yes, and that's why seasoned motorcyclists distance themselves from the inattentive drones glued to their cellphones and surrounded with government mandated airbags and other safety features to ensure they survive a crash.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
OK can someone tell my why they don't have the wooden L batons that they used too, why not leave them in the cruiser for when needed. Start cracking ribs on that fucker until the stops biting, couple of face shots.
You don't have to tiger woods his head and make him drink from a straw for the rest of his life but man alive those asps are shit in this type of thing

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5132 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Almost as Fast as a Speeding Bullet
Picture of Otto Pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Timdogg6:
OK can someone tell my why they don't have the wooden L batons that they used too, why not leave them in the cruiser for when needed. Start cracking ribs on that fucker until the stops biting, couple of face shots.
You don't have to tiger woods his head and make him drink from a straw for the rest of his life but man alive those asps are shit in this type of thing
I think we just had another inter-dimensional shift from another thread.

Aeronautics confers beauty and grandeur, combining art and science for those who devote themselves to it. . . . The aeronaut, free in space, sailing in the infinite, loses himself in the immense undulations of nature. He climbs, he rises, he soars, he reigns, he hurtles the proud vault of the azure sky. — Georges Besançon

Posts: 11502 | Location: Denver and/or The World | Registered: August 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Assault Accountant
Picture of 12GA
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Otto Pilot:
I think we just had another inter-dimensional shift from another thread.

Smile

Posts: 2583 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
Maybe the wife was glad to get rid of him.

Posts: 21829 | Registered: October 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post