SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Man Attacks Woman Riding Motorcycle, Gets Shot Dead
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Man Attacks Woman Riding Motorcycle, Gets Shot Dead Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
At first glance my eyes read the thread title as, 'Mars Attacks......" Big Grin

Glad I'm not the only one! Wink

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9156 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
The story lacks any info about what caused the bad guy to lose control.

Maybe he was just a hothead asshole that hadn't been shot up until now

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39752 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:

It is in there. Just poorly worded. She was leaving a fair amount of space between her and the vehicle stopped in front of her. Though it really makes no difference what she was doing.

Thank you Black92LX, that helped. It just didn't seem like enough provocation for what followed. That's very scary.

Guys, I've been riding motorcycles for 48 years and concealed-carrying for 33 years. Understanding situations like hers helps with my own survival.

Posts: 15891 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I leave at least a car length in front of me at stops in case some dickweed on their phone hits me. Hopefully it prevents hitting the person in front of me or minimizes the damage. Also leaves me a way to bail out of a bad situation. I’ve had people honk at me because of it. Guess that space is the difference between the person getting to their destination on time or disaster. Roll Eyes

Posts: 13742 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Hey Monkey -- quit flinging monkey poo around. How dare you say things like "Nothing she did permitted him to lay hands on her. Nothing."

Clearly, you don't understand how these motorcyclists need some sense beaten in to them. Roll Eyes

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30660 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
BBQ Sauce for Everyone!
Picture of TKO
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:

It is in there. Just poorly worded. She was leaving a fair amount of space between her and the vehicle stopped in front of her. Though it really makes no difference what she was doing.

Thank you Black92LX, that helped. It just didn't seem like enough provocation for what followed. That's very scary.

Guys, I've been riding motorcycles for 48 years and concealed-carrying for 33 years. Understanding situations like hers helps with my own survival.

You seek to understand something that is not justifiable under any set of circumstances.

Root cause is a person with poor anger management skills giving in to a fit of homicidal rage over what he perceived was an improper way to operate a motor vehicle.

Happens daily, and there are drivers out there who feel justified in doing it, and will argue all day long it is all the bikers fault.

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

Posts: 8121 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Leemur:
I leave at least a car length in front of me at stops in case some dickweed on their phone hits me. Hopefully it prevents hitting the person in front of me or minimizes the damage. Also leaves me a way to bail out of a bad situation. I’ve had people honk at me because of it. Guess that space is the difference between the person getting to their destination on time or disaster. Roll Eyes

The space does piss me off, when it backs traffic up into the next intersection or stop light.

Courtesy, like not blocking an entrance or exit when setting through a red light. Or setting in the intersection until you can go, even if it means setting through a complete traffic light sequence. Roll Eyes

Posts: 10055 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
The space does piss me off, when it backs traffic up into the next intersection or stop light.

How can leaving extra space "enrage" or "piss off" anyone ?!?
That is completely nutso. "It" doesn't back up any traffic unless the traffic is pulling forward before there is really enough space to get across the intersection. It is the space of ONE CAR. It can't possible affect the overall flow of traffic. Just imagine one more car on the road.

"Crom is strong! If I die, I have to go before him, and he will ask me, 'What is the riddle of steel?' If I don't know it, he will cast me out of Valhalla and laugh at me."

Posts: 6641 | Registered: September 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
The thing that jumps out at me, is that there was heavy traffic at the time. That equates to a lot of witnesses and you can bet that the cops interviewed many of them and that led to the 'no charges' from the prosecutor. That's enough for me to say, good on her for protecting herself and possibly others from this deranged individual in the future.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I've seen some reports that the guy had a dashcam that recorded the whole sequence of events, hence the quick dismissal of charges.

Posts: 1474 | Location: Washington | Registered: August 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of xl_target
posted Hide Post
quote:
These fucks will put people in a homicidal rage. I once drove from Orlando to Cocoa Beach (30 mile desolate highway) behind a group of 50 sport bikes that completely blocked traffic, slowing traffic down to 15 mph, so that they could do stunts and race the roads at 150mph and have the entire road to themselves. To say I was enraged would be an understatement.

I've had my share of people trying to run me off the road for no reason. Keep in mind that no one could see who I was as I'm fully geared up when riding. So I can only assume that they didn't like motorcyclists. It really pissed me off at the time.

Fortunately, early in my life, I was counselled by someone much wiser. There are two principles that I have to keep reminding myself of.

1. If you go looking for prejudice (bigotry, bias, etc), you will find it.
2. No one can make you feel anything (angry, betrayed, disappointed, hurt, etc). Only you can make yourself feel that.

Posts: 2322 | Registered: January 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xl_target:

1. If you go looking for prejudice (bigotry, bias, etc), you will find it.
2. No one can make you feel anything (angry, betrayed, disappointed, hurt, etc). Only you can make yourself feel that.

Uuuuhhh, no.

I agree the first point.

If I walk up and spit in your face - you're going to be pissed off. Not your fault - totally my fault.

-----------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Needs a check up
from the neck up
Picture of Timdogg6
posted Hide Post
I spent 4.5 hours deposing a girl in a car accident case. She had been a back seat passenger, behind driver, when the car she was in turned left onto a road 4 lane road.

They cleared the car in the right lane and were hit by a guy on a motorcycle going 135mph in the left lane. The bike impacted right at her legs which were partially crushed and had a large piece of metal get imbedded in her face and skull.

Took 1.5 hours to cut the driver of the motorcycle out of the car and chop his bike parts so they could get to her. He was long since dead, she was alive enough to watch as his severed head dripped blood out of the helmet on her for that hour and a half. And the blood all over her stomach and lap she didn't know if it was hers or his.

You sit across someone like that who was a lovely girl, and you get a bit of a temper about all these motorcycle fools who think they will "only hurt themselves".

When I read this I thought of her father, and I could see him doing what this guy did. Is it right, no, do I understand what can cause someone to lose their shit and do this, I guess I do.

The entire reason for the Second Amendment is not for hunting, it’s not for target shooting … it’s there so that you and I can protect our homes and our children and and our families and our lives. And it’s also there as fundamental check on government tyranny. Sen Ted Cruz

Posts: 5132 | Location: Boca Raton, FL The Gunshine State | Registered: July 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Timdogg6:
I spent 4.5 hours deposing a girl in a car accident case. She had been a back seat passenger, behind driver, when the car she was in turned left onto a road 4 lane road.

They cleared the car in the right lane and were hit by a guy on a motorcycle going 135mph in the left lane. The bike impacted right at her legs which were partially crushed and had a large piece of metal get imbedded in her face and skull.

Took 1.5 hours to cut the driver of the motorcycle out of the car and chop his bike parts so they could get to her. He was long since dead, she was alive enough to watch as his severed head dripped blood out of the helmet on her for that hour and a half. And the blood all over her stomach and lap she didn't know if it was hers or his.

You sit across someone like that who was a lovely girl, and you get a bit of a temper about all these motorcycle fools who think they will "only hurt themselves".

When I read this I thought of her father, and I could see him doing what this guy did. Is it right, no, do I understand what can cause someone to lose their shit and do this, I guess I do.

And someone murdered someone with a gun today, so I guess we all deserve the hatred thrown our way by the anti-gun crowd?

------------------------------
"They who would give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
- Benjamin Franklin

"So this is how liberty dies; with thunderous applause."
- Senator Amidala (Star Wars III: Revenge of the Sith)

Posts: 1494 | Location: Southwest Ohio | Registered: October 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
Sport bike riders like her, with protective plastic crash pads on her bike (or whatever they are called) routinely and regularly break the law, act like assholes, block traffic, drive at high speeds, do wheelies, do hand stands and other ridiculous stunts on public roads, and have a severe lack of respect for cops and authorities. I can fully see why the old man COULD have become enraged.

These fucks will put people in a homicidal rage. I once drove from Orlando to Cocoa Beach (30 mile desolate highway) behind a group of 50 sport bikes that completely blocked traffic, slowing traffic down to 15 mph, so that they could do stunts and race the roads at 150mph and have the entire road to themselves. To say I was enraged would be an understatement.

Watch these clips and try and figure out why an otherwise normal old guy goes into a homicidal rage for no apparent reason...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GO9c_s-nBXI

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Eo56UBLBQ7I

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=R4y7D_ClrNI

And every harley with straight pipes is ridden by a b.o. stinking, cousin fucking meth head. Dumbass.

Posts: 11507 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sport bike riders like her, with protective plastic crash pads on her bike (or whatever they are called) routinely and regularly break the law, act like assholes, block traffic, drive at high speeds, do wheelies, do hand stands and other ridiculous stunts on public roads, and have a severe lack of respect for cops and authorities. I can fully see why the old man COULD have become enraged.

Watch these clips and try and figure out why an otherwise normal old guy goes into a homicidal rage for no apparent reason...

That's a whole lotta stupid right there. But - I don't think that is really representative of most motorcycle riders. (I don't own a motorcycle)

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
That doesn't represent any motorcycle riders I know.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39752 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Timdogg6:

I guess I'm having a hard time seeing the equivalence here. Someone on their morning commute leaving "too much" space in front of their bike and no particular threat to anyone, and someone committing vehicular suicide and near homicide. If you would get equally all frothy and berserker about both, I'd have to wonder about your capacity to cope in a civilized society....

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 45_Auto
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
quote:

That's a whole lotta stupid right there. But - I don't think that is really representative of most motorcycle riders. (I don't own a motorcycle)

Totally agree...there is a whole lot of stupidity and ignorance in that statement, not to mention that person is probably just like the guy in the SUV that attacked this girl. I have been riding for over 40 years (not a sport bike) and yes, there are a few bad apples out there. But DON'T group everyone on 2 wheels as an asshole!

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
A Veteran is someone who wrote a blank check Made payable to 'The United States of America' for an amount of 'Up to and including their life'.
That is Honor. Unfortunately there are way too many people in this Country who no longer understand that.

Posts: 2306 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: November 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 45_Auto
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by bubbatime:

That's a whole lotta stupid right there. But - I don't think that is really representative of most motorcycle riders. (I don't own a motorcycle

Posts: 2306 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: November 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post