SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Man Attacks Woman Riding Motorcycle, Gets Shot Dead
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Man Attacks Woman Riding Motorcycle, Gets Shot Dead Login/Join 
BBQ Sauce for Everyone!
Picture of TKO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark60:
I watched her interview a few days ago. They were in heavy traffic and she was leaving a car length in front of her so she didn't get boxed in too tight. The driver got aggravated and started riding her back tire. Eventually when they stopped he jumped out of his car and came at her. She got off her bike and things went south. She did say that at one point she gestured to him for following too closely. With only one side of the story I can only imagine what her gesture may have been but no matter what it was it didn't warrant him attacking her. He was smashing her head into the jersey barrier dividing traffic when she remembered she had her carry gun with her. The man's wife was in the car and seemingly didn't counter the girls account of things.

Well that explains it. He was compelled to lose his temper and try to commit murder! See? Totally the hikers fault.

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

Posts: 8121 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Sport bike riders like her, with protective plastic crash pads on her bike (or whatever they are called) routinely and regularly break the law, act like assholes, block traffic, drive at high speeds, do wheelies, do hand stands and other ridiculous stunts on public roads, and have a severe lack of respect for cops and authorities. I can fully see why the old man COULD have become enraged.

These fucks will put people in a homicidal rage. I once drove from Orlando to Cocoa Beach (30 mile desolate highway) behind a group of 50 sport bikes that completely blocked traffic, slowing traffic down to 15 mph, so that they could do stunts and race the roads at 150mph and have the entire road to themselves. To say I was enraged would be an understatement.

Watch these clips and try and figure out why an otherwise normal old guy goes into a homicidal rage for no apparent reason...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GO9c_s-nBXI

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Eo56UBLBQ7I

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=R4y7D_ClrNI

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark60: The man's wife was in the car and seemingly didn't counter the girls account of things.

I would guess this guy may have been abusive towards his wife and if so she's probably glad he's gone. Who knows the reason the guy flipped out, some drivers get hysterical over the slightest thing when they're driving a vehicle.

Posts: 1627 | Location: USA | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Nothing she did permitted him to lay hands on her.*

Nothing.*

He chose very poorly, and it cost him his life, has left his wife with trauma and resulted in another person choosing to defend their own life with deadly force and a life of dealing with it.

I have no sympathy for the dead guy, nor those who justify or find reasonable his actions no matter how many "look" like her "type" of biker.

She was not doing wheelies, of hand stands or blocking traffic or any of the other things.

She was a person on 2 wheels, driving a commute like thousands of others on the road that evening.

(* that we have as a matter of fact.)

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43879 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
That rug really tied
the room together.
Picture of bubbatime
posted Hide Post
Please give us your eye witness account monkey, since you speak in absolutes, and were there to see that she did nothing that could have set the old guy off.

He's dead Jim, and should have kept his hands to himself. But...perhaps she enraged him via some course of action???

Posts: 6661 | Location: Floriduh | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bubbatime:
Please give us your eye witness account monkey, since you speak in absolutes, and were there to see that she did nothing that could have set the old guy off.

Short of pulling her side-arm and firing at the man's car, I'm not sure you could come up with anything that would warrant him taking it upon himself to use his vehicle as a battering ram, and then go fisticuffs with her, of his own volition.

Honestly. You may want to reconsider carrying a firearm, if you do so.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9154 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
quote:

He's dead Jim, and should have kept his hands to himself. But...perhaps she enraged him via some course of action???

You do understand that "she enraged him" isn't defensible in any court in the US right?

I mean, I don't give a shit what she did. I don't. I don't care if she rode by on a wheelie flipping him the bird and calling his mom a whore. Even that is not permission to give somebody a public beating on the roadside.

You do understand that, right? I mean, on a real level?

You can't just start beating on people who piss you off. There's rules n' shit.

I mean, I guess you can, but if you do, you shouldn't be surprised to wake up under a tombstone that reads: "Here lies Dumbass. He sure showed her."

But if you think "homicidal rage" will hold up under jury scrutiny, hey man, you do you.

Posts: 10749 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GWbiker:
In my 55 years of riding various brands of motorcycles, I believe that some people don't like motorcycles or the riders.

The first time somebody ran me off the road on my motorcycle, he was a local (off-duty) cop in LaGrange, IL, where I lived.

He was known around town for being an asshole, but as he had been a cop there for several years, and it was Crook County, I didn't dare to make a complaint, even though there were witnesses.

If Aubrey Bowlin is telling the truth, I'm glad she took out the trash.

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9158 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
BBQ Sauce for Everyone!
Picture of TKO
posted Hide Post
quote:

Hmm. I was taught that we choose to be angry. You know, that whole personal accountability bible that gets thumped all the time here.

In this case though she must have enraged him. Got it.

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

Posts: 8121 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
BBQ Sauce for Everyone!
Picture of TKO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bionic218:
quote:

You do understand that "she enraged him" isn't defensible in any court in the US right?

I mean, I don't give a shit what she did. I don't. I don't care if she rode by on a wheelie flipping him the bird and calling his mom a whore. Even that is not permission to give somebody a public beating on the roadside.

You do understand that, right? I mean, on a real level?

You can't just start beating on people who piss you off. There's rules n' shit.

I mean, I guess you can, but if you do, you shouldn't be surprised to wake up under a tombstone that reads: "Here lies Dumbass. He sure showed her."

But if you think "homicidal rage" will hold up under jury scrutiny, hey man, you do you.

But, but, but, she may have committed traffic violations. She was inflaming people and triggering homicidal rage.

It's the only thing that makes sense.

The Joy Maker
Picture of airsoft guy
posted Hide Post
quote:

Enraged him via existing perhaps? That seems to be the baseline you're giving.

quote:
Originally posted by Will938:
If you don't become a screen writer for comedy movies, then you're an asshole.

Posts: 17003 | Location: Washington State | Registered: April 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's the only thing that makes sense.

Big Grin

On a serious note, stuff pisses me off too. Bicycles having their bike-a-thon spandex sprint tour-de-douche race on my local two-lane blacktop comes to mind. But I'm not going to go fisticuffs over it. I'm not going to scream at them and act like a maniac. Tailgaters and left lane campers piss me off as well, but I'm not going to try to punch some sense into them or brake-check somebody and cause a multi-car pile-up over it.

I might - however - do what this gal did. I might just signal and pull to the side, wait a couple minutes, and let the madness pass me by. Then go on about my day. Those two minutes of my life aren't going to make or break me. They're not going to change my entire world. And it's damn sure not worth getting in a boxing match or shot over.

Seriously, if anyone thinks this guy was justified (and according to the prosecuting attorney he wasn't) you should probably get some help. There's no shame in it. Don't let other people have this much sway over your life and your feelings. Stop doing the things that make you weak.

Posts: 10749 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
BBQ Sauce for Everyone!
Picture of TKO
posted Hide Post
Well said Bionic.

Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mark60:
Her interview is here if anyone's interested. Fair warning, the girl's language could be better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...IOfjO0V5MF4B&index=4

The guy lost control and it cost him his life. Too bad she can't tell the story in an intelligent manner but that doesn't change anything

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
Another Anger Management success story....

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
Wow, she goes into deep detail of the altercation. It was a FMJ round, too, from point blank range (11:00 minute mark in the video).

It’s all about shot placement.

Posts: 5072 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some people are just looking for an excuse or a victim weaker than them. The older driver may have thought he could get away with it, as perhaps he abused his wife or others.

Glad the he got what he deserved.

-c1steve

Posts: 4052 | Location: West coast | Registered: March 31, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:

No need. Your post and reply is self incriminating.

And as the * points out, given the investigation and findings of the county prosecution office ruled no prosecution for the death.

The law spoke, and that satisfies the demand of the people.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43879 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
At first glance my eyes read the thread title as, 'Mars Attacks......" Big Grin

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29695 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
Good lord. I bet most of us experience idiots on the road almost on a daily basis. I never ever had the desire to pursue and try to injure or kill any of them them. I was just glad when they were away from me. Getting all jacked up because she left a car length in front of her? The world and the wife are better off without this raging asshole.

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post