SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Man Attacks Woman Riding Motorcycle, Gets Shot Dead
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Man Attacks Woman Riding Motorcycle, Gets Shot Dead Login/Join 
Picture of olfuzzy
posted

A 24-year-old woman riding her motorcycle in Pierce County, Washington, came under a road rage attack from a 60-year-old man and ultimately shot and killed him to stop his assault on her.

The Pierce County Prosecutor’s Office has ruled that the woman, Aubrey Bowlin, will not face prosecution for the death.

The road rage incident occurred in February, but Bowlin is just now publicly providing details. On August 17 she spoke to KIRO Radio about it, explaining how she looked in her mirror to see Jones driving right up on the tail-end of her motorcycle.

When she stopped, she said Jones drove up beside her and tried to hit her: “The one time I leave a little too much space for the car in front of me, he then proceeds to go onto the shoulder and try to ram me with his car on the passenger side of his car, on the left side of my bike and with my left leg, into the cars … to the right of us, which would be considered the fast lane.”

The next time she slowed down Jones tried to ram her again.

Bowlin said Jones’ wife was in the passenger seat throughout the entire ordeal, and that the wife had “a shocked expression.”

At the next stop Bowlin said Jones got out of his car and came toward her. She responded by putting down her kickstand and getting off the bike to defend herself.

She said Jones first bumped her chest, knocking her into a guardrail, then he grabbed her. She said, “He had his hands on me and I was trying to shimmy out of that, and he just wasn’t letting me go.”

She said Jones grabbed for her helmet: “I think his motive was to try to take my helmet off so that he could further hurt my head.”

Bowlin eventually ended up on the ground in the fetal position, trying to protect herself at Jones attacked. She said she was slipping in and out of consciousness when she remembered she had a firearm in her jacket. At that point she thought to herself, “It was me or him, and I was coming home.”

She reached in her jacket, grabbed the gun, and shot Jones. The gunshot proved fatal.

Bowlin told KIRO Radio, “I was fighting for my life, and that’s what the whole point of having a concealed weapons permit and having a firearm is — to solely defend your life, because I thought he was going to take mine.”

https://www.breitbart.com/big-...otorcycle-shot-dead/

Posts: 5181 | Location: 20 miles north of hell | Registered: November 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
The story lacks any info about what caused the bad guy to lose control.

Posts: 15891 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Assault Accountant
Picture of 12GA
posted Hide Post
Reap it man.

Posts: 2583 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Would it be okay is she told him his father smelt of elderberries?

Posts: 9961 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:

In my 55 years of riding various brands of motorcycles, I believe that some people don't like motorcycles or the riders.

"Some people are alive today because it's against the law to kill them".

Posts: 8228 | Location: Arizona | Registered: August 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Assault Accountant
Picture of 12GA
posted Hide Post
quote:

Whatever it was it surely didn’t warrant attacking the biker.

Posts: 2583 | Location: Upstate NY | Registered: July 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of qcsmitty
posted Hide Post
Happy ending. Wonder why she makes no mention of what compelled him.

Posts: 3778 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
It doesn't sound like he was really offering an explanation for why he was attacking her.

Posts: 1971 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just drove N. of Seattle and back and encountered a couple bikes "splitting" traffic. Doesn't bother me, however, even if it pisses you off, it doesn't seem like a capital offense necessitating instant vigilante justice. Nothing she did rates a deadly assault.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire for effect
posted Hide Post
Why did it take her so long to remember that she had a gun to protect herself with?

"Ride to the sound of the big guns."

Posts: 7210 | Location: South Georgia | Registered: May 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Grandiosity is a sign
of mental illness
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Arty:
Why did it take her so long to remember that she had a gun to protect herself with?

In stressful enough situations, sometimes people forget their NAMES.

Posts: 2453 | Location: MO | Registered: March 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Probably because she has had little (or no) formal training and no high-stress force on force training either. It is just something she sometimes carries...

Hence, under the high stress she didn't have a trained neural pathway (muscle-memory) to subconsciously fall back on, nor anything much in the conscious way of what to do either. Glad she remembered she had it before losing consciousness.

“People have to really suffer before they can risk doing what they love.” –Chuck Palahnuik

Be harder to kill: https://preparefit.ck.page

Posts: 5043 | Location: Oregon | Registered: October 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I suspect the man did not offer an explanation as to why he was attacking her--he just acted. The motorcyclist likely had no idea why he was acting that way. (And maybe his wife didn't either.)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
I watched her interview a few days ago. They were in heavy traffic and she was leaving a car length in front of her so she didn't get boxed in too tight. The driver got aggravated and started riding her back tire. Eventually when they stopped he jumped out of his car and came at her. She got off her bike and things went south. She did say that at one point she gestured to him for following too closely. With only one side of the story I can only imagine what her gesture may have been but no matter what it was it didn't warrant him attacking her. He was smashing her head into the jersey barrier dividing traffic when she remembered she had her carry gun with her. The man's wife was in the car and seemingly didn't counter the girls account of things.

Posts: 3454 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm sure she remembered. It sounds like she has been schooled with exactly what to say in the given situation.

Posts: 3915 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Her interview is here if anyone's interested. Fair warning, the girl's language could be better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...IOfjO0V5MF4B&index=4

Posts: 3454 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
as a former motorcyclist - I would have been out of there

glad it worked out for her though

------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Glad it ended with no charges for her.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37957 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:

It is in there. Just poorly worded. She was leaving a fair amount of space between her and the vehicle stopped in front of her. Though it really makes no difference what she was doing.

quote:
“The one time I leave a little too much space for the car in front of me, he then proceeds to go onto the shoulder and try to ram me with his car on the passenger side of his car, on the left side of my bike and with my left leg, into the cars … to the right of us, which would be considered the fast lane.”

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25418 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
BBQ Sauce for Everyone!
Picture of TKO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12GA:
quote:

Whatever it was it surely didn’t warrant attacking the biker.

Oh... Some surely think it did. Hence the question.

Tell us RichardC. What did the biker chick do to the old man wrapped in steel and plastic?

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits." Albert Einstein

Posts: 8121 | Location: Phoenix AZ | Registered: May 22, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post