SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Dems Hirono & Harris challenge trump appointee over his K of C membership, loathsome senators
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Dems Hirono & Harris challenge trump appointee over his K of C membership, loathsome senators Login/Join 
Picture of CQB60
posted
Sens. Kamala Harris, D-Calif., and Mazie Hirono, D-Hawaii, raised concerns about lawyer Buescher's membership in the Catholic organization as part of the Senate Judiciary Committee's review of his nomination by President Trump to sit on the U.S. District Court in Nebraska.

As first reported by the Catholic News Agency, Hirono asked whether his membership in the Knights of Columbus would prevent him from hearing cases “fairly and impartially” and, if confirmed, whether he would end his membership in the charitable organization.

“The Knights of Columbus has taken a number of extreme positions,” Hirono said in the questionnaire. “For example, it was reportedly one of the top contributors to California’s Proposition 8 campaign to ban same-sex marriage.”

Harris, in her questions to the nominee, called the Knights of Columbus “an all-male society” and asked the Nebraska lawyer if he was aware that the group was anti-abortion and anti-gay marriage when he joined. The Catholic Church has opposed both abortion and gay marriage for centuries.

Atheists or Assholes? You decide

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
Hopefully this will kick them both (as well as the Dems in general) in the "tender" parts...think about it if "Muslim" was substituted for Knights of Columbus the screams from the left would be deafening!...

Partisan assholes I would guess...they are to shallow to be atheist (calls for cognitive thinking).

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10580 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
For a second I thought, "what do these idiots have against Kentucky Fried Chicken?" Then I read it again.

Seriously, the American political left is no longer hiding their lunacy. Calling the Knights of Columbus radical and extreme? Despicable and loathsome indeed.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30297 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

Well, likely both, but definitely hateful religious bigots. Not capable of "fairly and impartially" serving as Senators.

Posts: 2096 | Location: Bowling Green, KY | Registered: January 02, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
These broads should be put in headlocks, given noogies and a copy of the Constitution, with the part about "no religious test" highlighted, shoved in their faces. Or strapped down to tables with calipers holding their eyes open, a la A Clockwork Orange, to focus on the same. I can dream.

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kamala Harris?

Wasn't he a WWF wrestler?

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
quote:

Both! We are going to suffer greatly because of the recent election of asshole like these two and the muslim and her PR buddy AOC.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20302 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
Well.....looks like I am double despicable.

Good!

0:01

Posts: 4200 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
Kamala Harris?

Wasn't he a WWF wrestler?

Yes! The Ugandan Headhunter from “Parts Unknown”
The dirty sob beat the life out of the BIG BOSS MAN, then body splashed the midget rassler, Little Beaver.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
Well, if it’s one thing this country doesn’t need it’s another despicable do-gooder. Big Grin

Chicken little was right. The sky is falling.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
And the Dems howled when Republicans worried about Al Smith and Jack Kennedy being Catholics.

Ha!

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The guy behind the guy
Picture of esdunbar
posted Hide Post
K's of C is a great organization. So being Catholic is a problem? I'm not allowed to freely associate with my religion.

I can't wait for country to split already. These clowns need their own country to run right into the ground while the rest of us prosper.

Posts: 7548 | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
“No religious test” must mean as much as “shall not be infringed. Have these nitwits even read the constitution or is their apparent disregard for it as intentional as it appears. In days past many would consider such actions as malfeasance I not outright treason.

Posts: 190 | Location: Central Virginia | Registered: January 19, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post

Posts: 27834 | Location: Johnson City/Elizabethton, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Loaded Round:
quote:

Well, likely both, but definitely hateful religious bigots. Not capable of "fairly and impartially" serving as Senators.

They both stink!

Posts: 4472 | Registered: November 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
This makes sense:

https://www.nationalreview.com...f-columbus-strategy/

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post