SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Idaho Senate Bill 1313 Passed, takes effect July 1,2018.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Idaho Senate Bill 1313 Passed, takes effect July 1,2018. Login/Join 
Inject yourself!
posted
Link from the NRA. https://act.nraila.org/takeaction.aspx?AlertID=1900

This bill is listed to solidify the laws on the books for self defense of a person where they have a legal right to be. Also, to add or change wording that an illegal entry into your home is sufficient justification, without having to articulate fear of harm or death from said intruders.

Laws such as these are even more important to solidify due to the rapid increase of the liberal mindset coming from so many of those relocating from California etc. I’m afraid Boise is lost, Moscow as well and even Twin Falls seems to be leaning left. Idaho is a great state with a comparatively cheaper cost of living and thus it’s attractivness to retirees or escapees from less favorable states, but we must defend our current values in Idaho.

Much like immigrants to the US need to adapt and adopt our country’s ways, those moving to Idaho need to do the same.

From NRA:
This law will go into effect on July 1st, 2018.

Senate Bill 1313, sponsored by Senator Todd Lakey (R-12), will consolidate and codify existing law to clearly protect the inherent right of a person to defend themselves. This legislation clarifies that in the exercise of self-defense, a law-abiding citizen may stand their ground and protect themselves or their family anywhere they have a legal right to be. SB 1313 also protects the right of a person to defend themselves against intruders who enter the defender’s home or business unlawfully or by force, without the defender having to demonstrate that he reasonably feared that the intruder was about to cause death or great bodily harm. The unlawful or forceful entry is enough to establish a legal presumption that the defender’s fear of serious injury was reasonable—and, therefore, that the defense against the criminal was reasonable as well.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Riley,

Do not send me to a heaven where there are no dogs.
Step Up or Stand Aside: Support the Troops !
Expectations are premeditated disappointments.

Posts: 8344 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bolt Thrower
Picture of Voshterkoff
posted Hide Post
Every week I want to move there more and more. Will I be welcomed if I can fill my truck bed with guns and vote against anything that would raise taxes?

Posts: 9964 | Location: Woodinville, WA | Registered: March 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Riley:

This bill is listed to solidify the laws on the books for self defense of a person where they have a legal right to be. Also, to add or change wording that an illegal entry into your home is sufficient justification, without having to articulate fear of harm or death from said intruders.

Laws such as these are even more important to solidify due to the rapid increase of the liberal mindset coming from so many of those relocating from California etc. I’m afraid Boise is lost, Moscow as well and even Twin Falls seems to be leaning left. Idaho is a great state with a comparatively cheaper cost of living and thus it’s attractivness to retirees or escapees from less favorable states, but we must defend our current values in Idaho.

Much like immigrants to the US need to adapt and adopt our country’s ways, those moving to Idaho need to do the same.

You can add Sandpoint and Coeur d'Alene to your list of liberal bastions in Idaho. To be honest, the whole panhandle is going left. Truly a shame.

California really does need to be isolated via a tall fence so the liberal sewer rats can't leave to spoil the rest of the country.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Voshterkoff:
Every week I want to move there more and more. Will I be welcomed if I can fill my truck bed with guns and vote against anything that would raise taxes?

Of course! Everyone is welcome if they’re willing to not try and change the state.

Posts: 8344 | Location: West | Registered: November 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Neel
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up, I just emailed my District one rep.

Posts: 559 | Location: Idaho Panhandle | Registered: May 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In Odin we trust
Picture of akcopnfbks
posted Hide Post
quote:

Sandpoint has ALWAYS been a hippie town, or at least since I lived in the area back in the mid-90's through early-mid 2000's (about a decade altogether). Moscow still isn't terrible, though I'll agree it is more liberal than similar sized areas without a university.....my daughter is in her 3rd year there on NROTC scholarship. CdA - yep, a lost cause....but most of the small towns on the outskirts are still solidly red....Hayden, Rathdrum, Post Falls, etc. Boise - meh....for a state capital & bigger city, it's far less liberal than other capitals and cities of similar size, generally speaking. I love Idaho....can't wait to get back there. Maybe I'm guilty of rose-colored glasses here?

Posts: 1729 | Location: The Northernmost Broadcast Point of Radio Free America | Registered: February 24, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
Some places may not be as bad as portrayed, however, it never pays to underestimate.

Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Some places may not be as bad as portrayed, however, it never pays to underestimate.

Truth.

Many fond memories of younger days in Coeur d'Alene. Still live in a neighboring zip code and don't mind it one bit.

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Inject yourself!
posted Hide Post
From the NRA:

This law will go into effect on July 1st, 2018.

Senate Bill 1313, sponsored by Senator Todd Lakey (R-12), will consolidate and codify existing law to clearly protect the inherent right of a person to defend themselves. This legislation clarifies that in the exercise of self-defense, a law-abiding citizen may stand their ground and protect themselves or their family anywhere they have a legal right to be. SB 1313 also protects the right of a person to defend themselves against intruders who enter the defender’s home or business unlawfully or by force, without the defender having to demonstrate that he reasonably feared that the intruder was about to cause death or great bodily harm. The unlawful or forceful entry is enough to establish a legal presumption that the defender’s fear of serious injury was reasonable—and, therefore, that the defense against the criminal was reasonable as well.

Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
When I and the wife sell our business and retire in a few years we are either moving there or to Wyoming.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
You want to live in a great community in Idaho, check out Lewiston. I'd move there in a minute if it wasn't for my wife and her insistence on staying where we are now.

Happy wife, happy life.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting you mention Lewiston Idaho. I've seen some good jobs listed there and was wondering what it's like. I'd love to get out of the Seattle area.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13401 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Buy high and sell "low"
Picture of archerman
posted Hide Post
We have been thinking of moving to where it’s a little warmer in winter, but maybe we will just stay here.

Archerman

Posts: 2486 | Location: N. Idaho | Registered: February 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of GarandGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
Interesting you mention Lewiston Idaho. I've seen some good jobs listed there and was wondering what it's like. I'd love to get out of the Seattle area.

The wife and I lived in Lewiston for a year back in 2012 when I worked for CCI/Speer Ammunition. It's a unique and beautiful place except the smell, it stinks. The paper mill is pungent. If the prevailing wind isnt blowing due south then there is this stench and haze that reaches across the entire valley and it permeates everything.

It's a paradise for fisherman and outdoorsman. I loved living there and loved my job. My wife, not so much. Not much new development at that time. Houses were old and home values were high for small homes built in the seventies. Cost of living was average. It was cool going to places frequented by Jack O'Connor and other prominent outdoor legends. Hells Canyon is just breath taking and underappreciated. We just couldn't see putting down roots and the south was calling me home. I feel fortunate to have spent time there though.

-----------------------------------------------
What's the sense in working hard if you never get to play?

Posts: 1074 | Location: On the outskirts of Richmond | Registered: September 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by GarandGuy:
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:

The wife and I lived in Lewiston for a year back in 2012 when I worked for CCI/Speer Ammunition. It's a unique and beautiful place except the smell, it stinks. The paper mill is pungent. If the prevailing wind isnt blowing due south then there is this stench and haze that reaches across the entire valley and it permeates everything.

It's a paradise for fisherman and outdoorsman. I loved living there and loved my job. My wife, not so much. Not much new development at that time. Houses were old and home values were high for small homes built in the seventies. Cost of living was average. It was cool going to places frequented by Jack O'Connor and other prominent outdoor legends. Hells Canyon is just breath taking and underappreciated. We just couldn't see putting down roots and the south was calling me home. I feel fortunate to have spent time there though.

Potlatch Corp. has spent millions on fixing the smell coming from the mill. It just isn't a problem anymore. The area is definitely an outdoorsman's paradise for sure with the fishing, hunting and hiking opportunities.

Jim

Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:

Potlatch Corp. has spent millions on fixing the smell coming from the mill. It just isn't a problem anymore. The area is definitely an outdoorsman's paradise for sure with the fishing, hunting and hiking opportunities.

Jim

I’m going to disagree with you there. I spent a long weekend in Lewiston last year after a death in the family and the chemical smell was QUITE strong and a constant annoyance.

It may have gotten better relatively for someone living in the area, but for a visitor it was a very obvious taint.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10940 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Experienced Slacker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:

Jim

I’m going to disagree with you there. I spent a long weekend in Lewiston last year after a death in the family and the chemical smell was QUITE strong and a constant annoyance.

It may have gotten better relatively for someone living in the area, but for a visitor it was a very obvious taint.

Taint. Yes, good word choice for that. Big Grin

Posts: 7495 | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post