SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What did you make for dinner?
Page 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 118
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you make for dinner? Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Grilled buffalo wings and mac-n-cheese. Not agreeing with me at the moment. Only reason I'm awake now. It did taste damn good going down though.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Wife made 50 gyoza (pot stickers) from scratch. We were able to get nira (Japanese chives) and spring cabbage on the last trek to the Japanese market. She was stoked.

Her father used to make batches of several hundred for family and neighbors and cook them all at one time on a special pan he had made.

Although they are pork gyoza, they're loaded up with garlic, cabbage and nira, so not at all heavy.

We fried them in a covered pan, then added a little water to let them steam.

It took about four batches and we thought there might be a few left over, but we were wrong Wink

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Tonight I made a homemade chicken pot pie and it was awesome!

I had cooked four chicken breast in the Instant Pot to make shredded chicken to use for different meals. I marinated the meat well and planned on using it for lunches this week. I decided to use some of it to make this.

This is the recipe I used: https://www.bettycrocker.com/r...20-9e68-adbd534fb0f6

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8657 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
^^^^^ Homemade pot pie, tastey but a lot of work. Smile The crust looks good. The Betty Crocker 'Lost Recipes' book has classic meals. Did you buy absinthe yet?

Last night I made green curry with chicken. Poco Loco is selling Manzano Peppers, it is a bit less spicey than a Jalapeno and was a good fit. Tomorrow, a combo of Shrimp Newburg and Guan Cai (Coffin Bread). I call it Tainan Newburg.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mr kablammo:
^^^^^ Homemade pot pie, tastey but a lot of work. Smile The crust looks good. The Betty Crocker 'Lost Recipes' book has classic meals. Did you buy absinthe yet?

Last night I made green curry with chicken. Poco Loco is selling Manzano Peppers, it is a bit less spicey than a Jalapeno and was a good fit. Tomorrow, a combo of Shrimp Newburg and Guan Cai (Coffin Bread). I call it Tainan Newburg.

I have never tried absinthe, but I would. This recipe wasn’t actually too difficult since I already cooked the chicken earlier for different possibilities.

All I had to do was mix the cooked chicken with vegetables and cream of chicken soup topped with the Bisquick mixture.

Posts: 8657 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Damn both the potstickers and the chicken pot pie looks great.

Just some spaghetti and meat sauce for me tonight, good, but pedestrian and not deserving of pics.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Blackmore
posted Hide Post
I made a trip to our local restaurant that was allowed to reopen with outdoor dining yesterday.

In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act

Posts: 3435 | Location: W. Central NH | Registered: October 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Hey Frank -- those pot stickers look really good!

How difficult are they? If an amateur non-Asian guy could do it, can you provide the algorithm (that's what my friends in Spain called a recipe, when they were mentally translating from Catalan to English)?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A man's got to know
his limitations
Picture of hberttmank
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNormin:
Tonight I made a homemade chicken pot pie and it was awesome!

I had cooked four chicken breast in the Instant Pot to make shredded chicken to use for different meals. I marinated the meat well and planned on using it for lunches this week. I decided to use some of it to make this.

This is the recipe I used: https://www.bettycrocker.com/r...20-9e68-adbd534fb0f6

Stormin, damn that looks good! But... where's the protection? Big Grin

"But, as luck would have it, he stood up. He caught that chunk of lead." Gunnery Sergeant Carlos Hathcock

Posts: 9357 | Registered: March 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Hey, my friend!

Well, my wife said it took her 30 minutes to do all that.

Not sure I could do the fold/crimp thing for the wrappers.

I think Alton Brown did them on his show, long ago. Bet he still has a video.

Honestly, I just enjoy them Smile

You know, don't want to get in the way or trouble... Wink

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Son of a son
of a Sailor
Picture of wxdave
posted Hide Post
This weekend, I made lobster ravioli from scratch. On a hunch, I bought the pasta roller set for the kitchenaid mixer, and set out to learn how to make fresh pasta. I've always wanted to do it, and now I wonder why I waited so long! It's labor intensive, especially when learning how to do it, but rewarding. I made spaghetti the following night. The roller set is made in Italy and very high quality. I used a 20% off coupon at Bed Bath & Beyond. If anyone is remotely interested in making fresh pasta, it's well worth it.

Here's the recipe:

Lobster Ravioli

--------------------------------------------
Floridian by birth, Seminole by the grace of God

Posts: 985 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: May 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wxdave:
This weekend, I made lobster ravioli from scratch. On a hunch, I bought the pasta roller set for the kitchenaid mixer, and set out to learn how to make fresh pasta. I've always wanted to do it, and now I wonder why I waited so long! It's labor intensive, especially when learning how to do it, but rewarding. I made spaghetti the following night. The roller set is made in Italy and very high quality. I used a 20% off coupon at Bed Bath & Beyond. If anyone is remotely interested in making fresh pasta, it's well worth it.

Here's the recipe:

Lobster Ravioli

When making your pasta, don't cut the semolina flour with regular flour. Wink

Also, the unused pasta can be balled up and tightly wound in saran wrap (plastic wrap) and frozen for future use. Just allow the ball(s) plenty of time to thaw (in the fridge).

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Son of a son
of a Sailor
Picture of wxdave
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LS1 GTO:

When making your pasta, don't cut the semolina flour with regular flour. Wink

Also, the unused pasta can be balled up and tightly wound in saran wrap (plastic wrap) and frozen for future use. Just allow the ball(s) plenty of time to thaw (in the fridge).

Thanks for the tips! I had to scramble to find some semolina flour. The 3rd store I tried had a few bags of Bob's red mill, and I bought them all. I have since ordered more on amazon. I will try it next time with 100% semolina.

--------------------------------------------
Floridian by birth, Seminole by the grace of God

Posts: 985 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: May 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Chili, looks appetizing right?

A few minutes in some hot water and it will be awesome.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Cowboy Beans, cornbread.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16612 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Tonight for the first time in over two months I did not make anything! I picked up Pho Ga for dinner and loved it. Tomorrow night is steak on the BGE.

Flying Sergeant
posted Hide Post
Taco Tuesday!

Posts: 1673 | Location: Waukesha,WI | Registered: December 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sailor1911
posted Hide Post
Flat Iron Steak, Med Rare with balsamic Vinegar Sauce. Awesome.

Flat Iron Balsamic

Place your clothes and weapons where you can find them in the dark.

“If in winning a race, you lose the respect of your fellow competitors, then you have won nothing” - Paul Elvstrom "The Great Dane" 1928 - 2016

Posts: 3758 | Location: Wichita, Kansas | Registered: March 27, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We made hamburgers with provolone and red onions.
Used a Weston hamburger patty press. Never knew I needed one of these, works great, the flat patties seem to get a crust better than hand forming.

Posts: 3580 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sailor1911:
Flat Iron Steak, Med Rare with balsamic Vinegar Sauce. Awesome.

Flat Iron Balsamic

I love flat iron steaks, I always grill them.

Here's my unsolicited recipe:

Flatten flat iron steaks with smooth side of meat tenderizer until all the same thickness, no need to use tenderizer on the thinnest section, the only reason you're pounding the meat is to make it all close to same thickness to cook evenly.

Ingredients - S&P and garlic powder (50% of the time I'll add to that either Adobo or Lawry's Season Salt).

Turn grill to highest heat or pile coals on one side 700° is what I shoot for.

Throw steak on for two minutes or so turn 45° cook for one minute. Repeat on other side. Total cook time 6-7 minutes for med rare, 8-9 for med. Steak is done as soon as it starts shrinking up. Seconds count since you are cooking by time/sight/feel on these.

This one should have rested a minute longer or been cooked 30 seconds longer for the wife's tastes, so I just ate the middle btwo slices.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis