SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What did you make for dinner?
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 118
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you make for dinner? Login/Join 
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironmike57:
Try this. My wife has several go to risotto recipes.

https://www.thekitchn.com/reci...om-the-kitchn-200084

quote:
Originally posted by irreverent:
quote:
Originally posted by Ironmike57:
Shrimp risotto tonight. Great leftovers.

Recipe, please? I’d love to make that. I’m thinking steak and shrimp tonight, but we will see how the day goes.

Thanks!

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5284 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
5-6 oz wagyu tenderloin filets with a shallot/garlic/cream pan sauce and twice baked potatoes.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Take out from our favorite pizza joint. Left a 50% tip

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4214 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Thai curry with two IPA beers to counteract the spicey heat. It was good but my lips were burning.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Etouffe with shrimp and andouille.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
It was homemade pizza tonight. Sorry, didn't take any pictures.

Posts: 9002 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Skillet beef stroganoff with egg noodles.

(hamburger, canned mushroom soup, onions, sour cream, white wine, seasoning)

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Tonight will be more effort to eat leftover pulled pork. Pulled pork topped cheese burgers, should be interesting.

I froze a TON of pulled pork and still have a ton in the fridge, but after five days of eating pulled pork, one can only have so much. I think I am going to throw away whatever is not finished. Would have invited neighbors over, but social distancing.

Pulled pork omelets were awesome, will do that again for sure. Any suggestions on how I could reuse the pulled pork in some other recipe? That pulled pork verde stuff tatortodd looks pretty darn good.

Brunswick stew

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jimmy123x:
quote:
Any suggestions on how I could reuse the pulled pork in some other recipe?

Brunswick stew

Navy bean soup would work too.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pulled pork and cream gravy over biscuits for breakfast.

Posts: 1190 | Location: Moved to N.W. MT. | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Followed tatertodds recipe as best I could. Grocery store was sold out of both fresh and canned tomatillos, bought green salsa instead. Of the three products available, selected the one with least ingredients. That one only had one in stock, so I decided to make burritos instead. Less sauce since I only had 17 oz of product available. Came out awesome. The only changes I made in addition was a sprinkle of garlic powder and extra Cilantro (see my poll answer).

Came out freaking awesome.

I have a new arrow in my quiver for left over pulled pork.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20757 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Followed tatertodds recipe as best I could. Grocery store was sold out of both fresh and canned tomatillos, bought green salsa instead. Of the three products available, selected the one with least ingredients. That one only had one in stock, so I decided to make burritos instead. Less sauce since I only had 17 oz of product available. Came out awesome. The only changes I made in addition was a sprinkle of garlic powder and extra Cilantro (see my poll answer).

Came out freaking awesome.
Less sauce would be perfect for burritos (ie good idea). I should’ve mentioned I have a garlic intolerance so my recipe doesn’t have garlic, but adding garlic would be more traditional.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23100 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
No picture as my phone camera died after getting wet on a fishing trip and I was too lazy to get out the Nikon.

Ribeyes on the grill tonight. Baked potatoes and green beans. Had a Bell's Third Coast Old Ale to wash it down with.

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Etouffe with shrimp and andouille.

Looks awesome! Grilled steak, ribeye for me, filet for my wife, salad, and we split a baked potato.

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Thanks TT! I will definitely make again. Next time one each though. She ate one, I had one plus a couple of bites. Might empty out leftovers and make breakfast burritos tomorrow, but I'm really pushing recommendations for length of time in fridge.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20757 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
jhe, that looks AMAZING.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Throwin sparks
makin knives
Picture of sybo
posted Hide Post
6:09 am and my mouth is watering!!!!!!!

Posts: 6203 | Location: Nashville Tn | Registered: October 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Equal Opportunity Mocker
Picture of slabsides45
posted Hide Post
We had breakfast for dinner. Pancakes from scratch, over easy eggs w/toast, and thick cut bacon. I'm still full this morning... Eek

"You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving."
-Dr. Adrian Rogers

Posts: 6389 | Location: Mogadishu on the Mississippi | Registered: February 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No good deed
goes unpunished
Picture of cheesegrits
posted Hide Post
We made a big pot of chicken bog last night. It reheats well if you save some of the chicken broth.

1 (3-5 pound) chicken, whole
1 pound smoked sausage
2 bay leaves
couple cloves of minced garlic
1 onion, roughly chopped
4 cups Carolina Gold rice
12-16 cups water

Add whole chicken and bay leaves to water and boil until chicken is done.

Remove chicken and bay leaves from broth. Divide broth; add 4 cps of rice to 6-8 cups of chicken broth and cook until tender. Reserve remaining broth.

Pick meat from chicken and discard skin and bones.

Cut sausage and onion into bite sized pieces and brown in butter. Once sausage is heated and onion is soft, add minced garlic and keep over heat until garlic becomes aromatic.

Once rice is done, add chicken meat, sausage, onion, and garlic. Add salt and pepper to taste. (We also add a dash of turmeric sometimes) If rice mixture is too thick, add some of the reserved chicken broth.

When reheating leftovers, use reserved broth to help heat.

Posts: 2680 | Location: The Carolinas | Registered: June 08, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted Hide Post
Made a quick soup.

I started with bones from T-Bone steaks that we ate a couple weeks ago. I cut the meat off the bones for that meal, but did a quick job of it leaving meat on the bone.

Froze the bones in a ziplock bag to make soup with.

Last night I put the bones in water and brought to a boil, then I removed all of the meat from the bones after they had boiled for a while.

I then added cauliflower, sweet peppers, and broccoli and boiled some more.

When Veggies were done we served it. I did add some garlic powder to the mix.

The steaks were seasoned with salt, pepper, rosemary and garlic powder.

Posts: 3564 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post