SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What did you make for dinner?
Page 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 ... 118
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you make for dinner? Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Tuesdays dinner. Grilled, seared, then braised short ribs.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Sea Bass for dinnerSmile

Pan fried sea bass, served with a sauce / garnish made from butter, Vermouth, shallots, fresh chives and parsley. Sides of mashed potatoes and grilled Brussel sprouts in balsamic reduction.

Fresh parsley and chives ready for chopping to be added to the shallot-vermouth-butter sauce.

Shallots softening in butter and vermouth

Starting to cook the fresh, trimmed and halved Brussel sprouts. Balsamtic reduction will be added as they soften.

Plated! Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Very nice. Love chilean sea bass (but pricey). Had it 2 nights ago in fact. Smile

I cook it similarly perhaps using familiar ingredients:

* Place sea bass (no skin) on parchment paper on foil.
* Slice (cross cross) top of filet
* sprinkle sugar
* sprinkle grated ginger (I go a little heavy here)
* sprinkle diced scallions
* sprinkle chopped cilantro
* splash some sake (or white wine)
* splash some soy sauce to taste (I apply generously)
* seal foil wrapper and bake in toaster oven on a pan at 425 for 20 minutes (time varies by oven and filet size)

Not pan fried but steamed but using similar ingredients.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Not tonight, Monday night, was awesome, eye of ribeye roast, left over from Valentine's Day cap steak dinner. Melted in my mouth. Sous vided for a few hours, finished on the Weber plus painted with a torch.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Wow. That looks just about perfect.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Jesse,

Now that looks melt-in-your-mouth fantastic!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Japanese curry

Posts: 32428 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Lazy night last night, Campbell's and grilled cheese.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Cool and breezy here, didn't feel like firing up the grill, so tried something weird.

Ball Park Beef hot dogs in the air fryer. 7 minutes then put them in the buns and back into the fryer for about 1 to 2 minutes to warm and make the buns a bit crispy. Toppings of choice. No more dogs on the grill!

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
Not dinner but breakfast but I would eat this for dinner as well. Cast iron fried country ham steaks on a bed of hash brown potatoes. Farm fresh eggs were in a different skillet.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8504 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
That's a nice ham steak, but is it really country ham? A southern ham type, heavily salt-cured?

I made crab cakes for my sweety last night; her favorite. I ordered Zatarain's Crab Cake mix from Amazon, and Raleys has pasteurized crab claw meat in the cooler. Turned out really good according to my lovely taster.

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by cne32507:
That's a nice ham steak, but is it really country ham? A southern ham type, heavily salt-cured?

I made crab cakes for my sweety last night; her favorite. I ordered Zatarain's Crab Cake mix from Amazon, and Raleys has pasteurized crab claw meat in the cooler. Turned out really good according to my lovely taster.

They come two in a pack and are distributed locally. Say Country Ham Steaks on the label.
whatever you call them they are damn good! Especially caramelized in a cast iron pan.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8504 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tonight's supper will feature hickory smoked baby back ribs, with slow cooked baked beans with bacon and a dinner salad. White pita bread also.

Black Raspberry ice cream for dessert.

Posts: 6600 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Spread the Disease
Picture of flesheatingvirus
posted Hide Post
French onion salisbury steak from fresh ground chuck
Toasted French bread with Swiss and Parmesan cheese
Mashed purple potatoes w/garlic
Seared broccoli with sauteed garlic and red pepper flakes
Corn on the cob with butter and Aleppo pepper flakes
Rhubarb upside down cake with almond streusel

Uuuugh. I ate too damn much.

-- Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past me I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain. --

Posts: 17244 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: October 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
Really easy to make, but yet, tastes great!

Posts: 3697 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Did up a batch of this yesterday Big Grin

https://www.savoryexperiments....mel-baked-scallops/#

Seared scallops in oven casserole dish

Added bechemal and Panko bread crumbs ready for browning

Forgot to take a quick snap of the dish ready to eat. Nice departure from normal seared scallops with lemon wedge Big Grin

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
^^^We love scallops.

So far the only way we've tried them is on my Weber kettle. We sprinkle them with a garlic salt from Germany (Bad Reichenhaller Knoblauchsalz): https://www.euro-goodies.com.h..._89&products_id=2265

Then I make an aluminum foil "tray" and melt Plugra butter in it: https://plugra.com/

Sear the scallops and it's a wonderful meal.

We'll have to try your method sometime.

Posts: 3697 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:

I am going to have to call BS on this post. No way the scallops would last from seared state to be put into a casserole or I'd have to cook twice as many to account for tasting.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:

I am going to have to call BS on this post. No way the scallops would last from seared state to be put into a casserole or I'd have to cook twice as many to account for tasting.

Well you're WRONG Jesse. They all made it into the oven before our stomachs! Big Grin

Was surprised at the subtle flavor the onion-clove-bay leaf gave to the sauce. Made my standard thickness sauce which should have been made thinner for this dish as the panko soaked up so much moisture.

Verdict? A solid two thumbs up. Scallops were tender, juicy and flavorful with the sauce nicely complementing them. Certainly a departure from my normal seared scallops served with fresh lemon wedges.

Making the spiced bechemal

Quick pan searing the scallops in butter

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
You are a stronger man than I am, those things look like they need heavy sampling.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis