SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What did you make for dinner?
Page 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... 118
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you make for dinner? Login/Join 
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by OKCGene:
^^^^^ Costco has a Roast Beef, in cans, I think 4 cans to a sleeve.

I think it's pretty darn good quality.
That's good to know, but I'm not a member of CostCo.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
quote:

You may be able to still order it online from Costco as a non-member paying a 5% surcharge.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drug Dealer
Picture of Jim Shugart
posted Hide Post
Amazon has it.

When a thing is funny, search it carefully for a hidden truth. - George Bernard Shaw

Posts: 15471 | Location: Virginia | Registered: July 03, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Yeah but Amazon wants $29.25 while Costco sells it for (before 5% surcharge for non-members and $3 delivery fee if your total purchase is less than $75 qualifying for free delivery):

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Last night we grilled at work. Simple meal of burgers and chicken wings.

Will probably grill at work again tomorrow.

Posts: 13047 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
I could be wrong, but I’m not sure y’all can actually cook those delicious looking dishes.
Just to be fair, I’m willing to let a few of you swing by the house sometime to demonstrate your cooking skills. Smile

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

flashguy

Do you have a friend who has a Costco card?

You'll have to buy him/her the $1.50 hot dog/drink. wink wink

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

flashguy

Do you have a friend who has a Costco card?

You'll have to buy him/her the $1.50 hot dog/drink. wink wink
I do have a former coworker that used to take me to CostCo for hot dogs . . . . (I love their hot dogs!)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Eye on the
Silver Lining
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sportshooter:
I could be wrong, but I’m not sure y’all can actually cook those delicious looking dishes.
Just to be fair, I’m willing to let a few of you swing by the house sometime to demonstrate your cooking skills. Smile

Where you at? I’ll swing by next time I’m in town Wink
Last night we had shrimp and mushroom risotto..still perfecting my technique on that one.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5284 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Bacon cheeseburger.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by irreverent:
quote:
Originally posted by Sportshooter:

Where you at? I’ll swing by next time I’m in town Wink
Last night we had shrimp and mushroom risotto..still perfecting my technique on that one.

Ha! I was just kidding. Manny of those recipes are off the menu for me. I just wandered in here to renew old memories. Let me know when you’re in town. I live about 40 miles north of Houston.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
Churrasco prime marinated in olive oil, cumin, chipotle, black pepper, salt, and Knob Creek 100 proof bourbon.

Posts: 1972 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yeah, that M14 video guy...
Picture of benny6
posted Hide Post
Made my first trisket today!

Put it on at 11am and was done at 6 PM. Cooked to 203˚ at 225˚

Tony.

Owner, TonyBen, LLC, Type-07 FFL
www.tonybenm14.com (Site under construction).
e-mail: tonyben@tonybenm14.com

Posts: 5373 | Location: Auburndale, FL | Registered: February 13, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Soup. That's what I had.

1 pound of hamburger, browned.
1 small onion browned in the fat after hamburger is removed.
1 carton of organic bone beef broth
1 carton of organic chicken broth
Mixed vegetables, frozen peas,carrots, corn.
Green beans ( I had about a half can of leftover, and added a can)
1 medium potato
2 ribs of celery.
Italian seasoning
Salt and pepper to taste
2 cups water

After onion is browned, add the broth, potatoes and cook for about 10 minutes.
Add rest of the ingredients and simmer until done.

I didn't this time, but I have added barely, egg noodles, or rice to this. Takes more time, I was hungry and busy to this time I didn't.

Fast, easy, tasty.

ARman

Posts: 3146 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
quote:
Made my first trisket today!

Is that when a tri-tip and a brisket make a baby? Big Grin

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12406 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Last night, I made a batch of chili and jalapeño corn bread muffins. First time I've made either for the lady friend and it was a big hit.

Today, we're on the edge of a snowstorm (so far, just rain here but it's snowing W, N, and E of us) and I had leftovers for lunch.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Ribs last night. Over cooked them, had to settle for juicy falling off the bone dinner instead of gnawing them off the bone. Hope you all feel real sorry for me.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am currently marinating some chicken thighs in Cajun marinade, and when supper time draws near, they will go into my Instant Pot with chicken broth, spices and liquid smoke. In another pot will be some Cilantro and Lime rice. Highly seasoned green beans will be my veggie!! Lemon pie should handle dessert just fine.

Posts: 6600 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can't claim credit for doing the cooking. My wife won't let me near her kitchen.

Dinner tonight was a venison roast, seared and cooked for three hours on low heat. Side dish was roasted vegetables including potatoes, baby carrots, broccoli, cauliflower and pearl onions. Dessert was vanilla ice cream with warm chocolate sauce. Oh my,it was tasty.

Posts: 417 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: June 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Steak. NY Strips marinated for 2 hours, then grilled to medium rare for me, medium for him with a nice char.

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Posts: 719 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post