SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What did you make for dinner?
Page 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 118
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you make for dinner? Login/Join 
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MRBTX:

We made hamburgers with provolone and red onions.
Used a Weston hamburger patty press. Never knew I needed one of these, works great, the flat patties seem to get a crust better than hand forming.
I just looked at these and see that they are made in China.

Does anybody know of a similar press that is made in the U.S.A.?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
^^Also curious

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Tonight, wife and I made a favorite, about which BobandMikako-san have previously posted,

Mabo Tofu Big Grin

Ground pork, silky tofu, very spicy tobanjan chili paste, garlic, tenmenjan sauce, a big splash of sake, we also added some chopped, fresh shitake mushrooms, chicken stock, and lastly some finely sliced Japanese negi (leek).

Spicy? Yuppers. Was heavily perspiring throughout the enjoyment. Whew!

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Burnt ribeye steak. Went inside to hit start on the microwave to melt the cheese on my broccoli. Came back out to grab steaks and one was engulfed in flames. Wife got perfectly cooked non burnt one, I ate the medium cooked one that was blackened on one side. Way too much charr but I choked it down.

I paired the burnt steak with broccoli and cheese, rosemary and garlic potatoes, and a bread sticks.

Wife was nice enough to let me have a couple of bites of hers. She suggested we just toss mine and share hers. I wasn't raised that way, I don't throw away food, wife gets the good one I eat the burnt one.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Burnt ribeye steak. Went inside to hit start on the microwave to melt the cheese on my broccoli. Came back out to grab steaks and one was engulfed in flames. Wife got perfectly cooked non burnt one, I ate the medium cooked one that was blackened on one side. Way too much charr but I choked it down.

I paired the burnt steak with broccoli and cheese, rosemary and garlic potatoes, and a bread sticks.

Wife was nice enough to let me have a couple of bites of hers. She suggested we just toss mine and share hers. I wasn't raised that way, I don't throw away food, wife gets the good one I eat the burnt one.

You are a trooper!

Posts: 3697 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pulicords
posted Hide Post
Last night's dinner was some elk roast stew (minus potatoes) C/O a bull I shot in NM year before last, with sour-cream and ketechup. Thanks to vacuum packing, it tastes as good as it gets! We also had a "Krab" seafood salad as a starter.

"I'm not fluent in the language of violence, but I know enough to get around in places where it's spoken."

Posts: 10187 | Location: The Free State of Arizona | Registered: June 13, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
sour-cream and ketechup

What have you done?

Posts: 5299 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
ARman Hot Chicken Fingers.

Chicken tender loin, marinated in dill pickle juice, a touch of chipotle powder.

Breading 75% all purpose flour, 25% corn meal. With salt, pepper, garlic power, onion power, and other herbs and spices.

That mixed with finely crushed potato chips and crackers.

Beaten eggs with a little bit of dill pickle juice, hot sauce.

Hot sauce with butter, a pinch of chipotle powder, pinch of sugar, a dash of dill pickle juice, Worcestershire sauce, and a good shake of my secret BBQ rub.

Fry said chicken tenderloin after a dunk in the eggs, covered in the breading mix well and fry to golden brown.

Let cool a little and then put in a bowl with hot sauce mixture and coat well.

Enjoy your delicious hot, spicy, tangy and slightly sweet ARman chicken Fingers.

ARman

Posts: 3146 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
^^^ hell yeah!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Help! Help!
I'm being repressed!

Picture of Skull Leader
posted Hide Post
Can only show the remnants. Made some roasted chicken thighs and veggies/potatoes. Trying to get more vegetables in my diet.

Posts: 11151 | Location: Big Sky Country | Registered: November 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
I was lazy tonight as I didn’t feel like cooking on the grill. I made chicken thighs on stoneware in the oven with fresh green beans. Only took a picture of chicken.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8657 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sausage balls, scrambled eggs, and sliced strawberries......

Bill Gullette

Posts: 1523 | Location: Behind the Pine Curtain  | Registered: March 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Breakfast for dinner. Tried waffle iron for first time.

Super happy with it. This thing is awesome!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Picture of ridewv
posted Hide Post
Tonight spicy Indian cabbage and potato curry.

No car is as much fun to drive, as any motorcycle is to ride.

Posts: 7039 | Location: Northern WV | Registered: January 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ridewv:
Tonight spicy Indian cabbage and potato curry.

I have that exact same AllClad pan, if it has the domed lid. Next to 1 of my cast iron skillets, that is the most versatile cooking pan I own. It will do just about anything.

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
^^ I have a different brand, looks identical, best pan I own, can be used for anything in the world.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Dine in at BoomBozz'a Pizza. First sit down pizza in a couple months and there is a difference. Cool

Posts: 4682 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNormin:
I was lazy tonight as I didn’t feel like cooking on the grill. I made chicken thighs on stoneware in the oven with fresh green beans. Only took a picture of chicken.

Mmmmmmm leg quarters..my favorite!!

Posts: 6600 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Southern fried catfish. Red beans and rice, sauteed mixed greens, corn bread, and home fries.

Breading for catfish. 60% all purpose flour, 40% corn meal, salt and pepper, powder garlic and onion, chipotle powder, and other herbs and spices.

Beaten egg with a dash of hot sauce to dredge catfish filet. Coat in breading mixture and fry 3 to 5 minutes.

Serve with hot sauce, mustard, tartar sauce.

ARman

Posts: 3146 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
mapo tofu above looks good. i bought ingredients to make the same. similar ingredients as listed but i prefer ground beef over pork. i caramelize onions with negi first. then garlic. then add browned ground beef without the fat and akku. then the rest of the mapo ingredients and simmer for a long time - tofu releases its water and absorbs the sauce. some goma abura at the end of cooking for a little depth.

tonight was foil wrapped chilean sea bass. filet with sugar, soy sauce, mirin, sake, ginger and scallions. wrapped in foil and baked. tender, bass taste with hints of sugar and salt and a slight ginger kick.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post