SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What did you make for dinner?
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 118
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you make for dinner? Login/Join 
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I'm eating keto so my chicken green Thai curry is different than mr kablammo's.

Ingredients:
  • 1 to 2 lbs Chicken (preferably fresh but I also use frozen slices)
  • Bell pepper (preferably fresh but I also use the fajita pepper and onion blend)
  • White onion (preferably fresh but I also use the fajita pepper and onion blend)
  • Mushrooms
  • 14 oz Can of coconut milk
  • 50 gram of Mae Ploy green thai curry paste - my only purchase from Amazon what sent direct from Thailand. I like medium heat spiciness and the first time made the mistake of scaling up to match the amount of cocunut milk used and it was too spicy and caused "afterburn". IMO, Mae Ploy is better than Kanokwan and orders of magnitude better than Thai Kitchen that many grocer stores carry.
  • 1 Tbsp oil (preferably sesame)
  • Due to keto there is no carrots, peas, or cornstarch
  • Due to personal preferences there is no lemongrass, zucchini, sprouts, or ginger

Directions:
  • Slice peppers and onions like you would for fajitas (i.e. ~10x longer than wide)
  • Slice muchrooms
  • Slice up chicken into chunks
  • Warm up oil in 3qt pot (skip this step if using frozen chicken or veggies as hot oil will explode when frozen veggies added)
  • Brown the chicken in the oil
  • Set aside chicken
  • Sautee mushrooms, peppers, and onions in oil until onion translucent
  • Add in 1/2 cup water
  • Add in coconut milk
  • Add in green thai curry
  • Add in chicken
  • Bring to a boil then simmer 15ish minutes
  • Serve over white rice or if you're keto riced cauliflower

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
  •  
    Posts: 23102 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Little ray
    of sunshine
    Picture of jhe888
    posted Hide Post
    Texas Red, Frito pie style.

The chilis were hot this time (they included some habaneros), and I used a hotter kind of paprika in my chili powder. This batch had a real kick

Good stuff with a cold beer.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by jhe888:
    Texas Red, Frito pie style.

The chilis were hot this time (they included some habaneros), and I used a hotter kind of paprika in my chili powder. This batch had a real kick

Good stuff with a cold beer.

Yes....yes...and YES!!!!

Posts: 6601 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    אַרְיֵה
    Picture of V-Tail
    posted Hide Post
    What type wine is recommended with tater tots?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of ersatzknarf
    posted Hide Post
    As Justin Wilson would say, "drink what you like!"

Perhaps a nice Valpolicella?

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    אַרְיֵה
    Picture of V-Tail
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by ersatzknarf:

Perhaps a nice Valpolicella?
    My wife stopped at Chick-Fil-A on her way home from her office. She forgot the waffle fries, so I pulled some left over tater tots out of the freezer.

We were all out of Valpolicella, so I substituted Diet Coke.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30546 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of ersatzknarf
    posted Hide Post
    Do you like Diet Coke, my friend?

Smile

אַרְיֵה
    Picture of V-Tail
    posted Hide Post
    quote:

Do you like Diet Coke, my friend?
    That’s what we drink when we don’t have Valpolicella.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Ammoholic
    Picture of Skins2881
    posted Hide Post
    Easy dinner tonight. Steak salad.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Banned for being
    genuinely stupid
    posted Hide Post
    Nothing,I had a Big Mac & fries!

Posts: 340 | Location: Derby City KY. | Registered: April 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of ersatzknarf
    posted Hide Post
    Although tonight we had Japanese croquettes and fermented pickles, with rice, of course, we also had what is now turning into one of my wife's favorites:

Fried Lotus root chips

It's sorta like a French fry, but better. It's got a good crunch and mouth feel, plus my wife has decided it's great with beer Smile

posted Hide Post

With port wine

Posts: 546 | Location: Dothan, Alabama | Registered: August 27, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Dirty Boat Guy
    Picture of parallel
    posted Hide Post
    We took the easy way out and made a double batch of crockpot chicken and gravy. Add some mashed potatoes, a toasted croissant, and some veggies and... YUM!

A penny saved is a government oversight.

Posts: 6708 | Location: New Orleans Area | Registered: January 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of ersatzknarf
    posted Hide Post
    Looks really good!!!

Big Grin

Dances With
    Tornados
    posted Hide Post
    I’m so tired of my own cooking.

I just “made” a trip to the Chinese take out, got a #6, pork and Chinese vegetables.

Posts: 11813 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Drill Here, Drill Now
    Picture of tatortodd
    posted Hide Post
    I mixed genres:
  • boneless, skinless chicken thighs that had been marinated overnight in Goya Mojo Criollo
  • Greek salad (diced cucumbers, diced tomatoes, diced red onion, Greek vinaigrette, and right before serving add some feta).

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
  •  
    Posts: 23102 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Ammoholic
    Picture of Skins2881
    posted Hide Post
    Spaghetti and meatballs.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of konata88
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Although tonight we had Japanese croquettes and fermented pickles, with rice, of course, we also had what is now turning into one of my wife's favorites:

Fried Lotus root chips

It's sorta like a French fry, but better. It's got a good crunch and mouth feel, plus my wife has decided it's great with beer Smile

One of my favorites. I love shrimp in the food processor and making renkon hasamiage. Daikon oroshii in ponzu. Beer. Lovely.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
    "A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    quarter MOA visionary
    Picture of smschulz
    posted Hide Post
    Made a Prime Ribeye from Costco about 12 oz topped with compound butter {butter+fresh_garlic,rosemary} reverse seared on the BGE.

Posts: 22858 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Eye on the
    Silver Lining
    posted Hide Post
    Today/tonight I made the General Tso’s chicken that Para posted a week or so ago..my husband found it a bit spicy,; I thought it was perfect! But I’ll tone it down for next time. A few less chilis, I guess.

"Trust, but verify."

Posts: 5284 | Registered: October 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post