SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What did you make for dinner?
Page 1 ... 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 119
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you make for dinner? Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
A non-traditional St. Paddy's dinner. Big Grin Did have a corned beef sandwich for lunch though....

4 bone prime rib made the Pioneer Wowan way although my crust rub has a few more elements than hers. 500°F for 20 minutes and then 300°F until the meat thermometer hits 113°F. Rest until the internal temp is between 123 and 125°F. Carve, serve, and enjoy. Big Grin

Yup, more rare than medium rare is how we like it! Big Grin

And I usually don't post this type of picture but it was being devoured! Saved a bit of the delicious lip for last. Notice as the meal progress that rare - medium rare meat still was hot and cooking ending up here as medium rare for the last morsels.

Sorry. No pictures of the salad, wine, or store bought caramel apple pie (no bakers here). Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bald1,

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16194 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
Corned beef and cabbage with mashed potatoes and 5 layer salad.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I get home, expecting the distinct smell of corned beef...and find my slow cooker isn't working Mad Eek

I run to Costco and get an Instant Pot (I leant mine out to my parents)....we'll see if recipes transfer easily

Posts: 14637 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Jeepers, Bob!

What a tough way to celebrate Big Grin

Looks amazing and apparently disappeared very quickly!

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:
Jeepers, Bob!

What a tough way to celebrate Big Grin

Looks amazing and apparently disappeared very quickly!

Not entirely Frank. Wink Of the 4 rib roast we have this pair of ribs leftover for another meal. Big Grin
Slowly heat so as not to cook it but instead bring it to a nice eating temperature.
Another roasted garlic bulb to enjoy as well.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bald1,

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16194 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I love the cap on the roast! Looks very yummy although I prefer my ribs done a bit more (actually depends on the level of marbling - more marbling, more done, less marbling, less done). Nice touch w/ the garlic on the side. Do you spread that on the steak or use it with the mash? Both?

I'm dying for a rib roast now - I haven't had one in more than a year, maybe two.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12714 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That rib roast has me salivating all over my keyboard!!

Posts: 6614 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
Nice touch w/ the garlic on the side. Do you spread that on the steak or use it with the mash? Both?

I'm dying for a rib roast now - I haven't had one in more than a year, maybe two.

Actually neither. Squeezed the cloves out of the roasted bulb and consumed parts of each with a forkful or meat and / or potatoes. You can see the remaining two partial cloves on the side of the "almost finished consuming" plate. Smile

Since you're talking about taking the plunge, check this approach out which has worked flawlessly for me for years. That said I do tweak the rub ingredients and pull out the roast at a lessor internal temperature.

https://www.thepioneerwoman.co...es/a10448/prime-rib/

This was the last 4 rib section I cut up of a whole standing rib roast (12 rib) I got on sale. Some may scrunch up their nose about freezing such a piece of meat but I've never found it to suffer.

quote:
Originally posted by GT-40DOC:
That rib roast has me salivating all over my keyboard!!

LOL Thanks... it was damned tasty!

quote:
Originally posted by corsair:
I get home, expecting the distinct smell of corned beef...and find my slow cooker isn't working Mad Eek

I run to Costco and get an Instant Pot (I leant mine out to my parents)....we'll see if recipes transfer easily

Did it work out for you?

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
Actually neither. Squeezed the cloves out of the roasted bulb and consumed parts of each with a forkful or meat and / or potatoes.

I think we're saying the same thing Smile

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12714 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
Actually neither. Squeezed the cloves out of the roasted bulb and consumed parts of each with a forkful or meat and / or potatoes.

I think we're saying the same thing Smile

Concur! Just didn't spread or mix outside of my mouth. LOL Big Grin Smile Cool

USN (RET), COTEP #192

A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
Wild caught Salmon, grilled with butter/balsamic reduction brushed over, baked sweet potato and fresh green beans, steamed al dente with garlic butter sauce. Some artisan bread & Irish butter.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Halibut cheeks. Pix and recipe here:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...690009084#8690009084

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Serenity now!
Picture of 4x5
posted Hide Post
Smoked Mediterranean chicken salad with herb potatos

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice - pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
ʘ ͜ʖ ʘ

Posts: 4929 | Location: Highland, UT | Registered: September 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Chicken noodle soup casserole.

ARman

Posts: 3151 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hot dogs and Potatoes in a skillet with a pinch of salt. A 'solid' meal.....Come on, man!

Posts: 1447 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ARman:

ARman

Intriguing.... Recipe?

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
I used my local favorite grocery store and their delivery service.

Tonight I made Tilpia and mixed vegetables.

It was good.

Posts: 11837 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lord Vaalic:
quote:
Originally posted by ARman:

ARman

Intriguing.... Recipe?

Egg noodles cooked al dente
I used a 12.5oz can of white meat chicken (save the liquid)
Dice carrots, celery, onion. With butter and/or olive oil (I use both).
In a sauce pan, add above onions last.
After they soften, onion just start to lighty brown, add the liquid, and a can of chicken broth. Add a bay leaf. Bring to boil. Add flour to thicken into a gravy.

Butter/spray casserole dish. Mix noodle, chicken and mixture together with about a cup of cheddar cheese. A pinch of rosemary, Greek seasoning/salt, and pepper to taste, half cup of milk.

Note I added some leftover green beans. In the past I have also added lima beans.

Top with bread/cracker crums.

I used club crackers, about 10 to 15, crushed with a pat of butter, in microwave melt butter in the crumbs. Optional, which I did is 1tbs of Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese. Sprinkle on top

In oven at 400° cook for 30-35 minutes, coverd, uncover and broil 2-5 minutes on low setting until nicely brown.

*note, you may have to adjust milk and/or add water to the gravy to get the moisture level that you like.

I have added different veggies, but this is the standard base.

I have used fresh breast and homemade chicken broth in the past, but this is a usually a fast spair of the moment, quick dinner. Total time is under an hour, on the table, quick, fairly easy, tasty and comfort food.

ARman

Posts: 3151 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 4859
posted Hide Post
Diced Spam fried with pea and soy sauce over rice and cheese.

-----------------------------
Always carry. Never tell.

Posts: 5772 | Location: Montana  | Registered: May 13, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Man Once
Child Twice
posted Hide Post
Hardcore survival food.
Did you use that Swiss/Swedish hatchet to dice The Spam?

Posts: 11148 | Location: NE OHIO | Registered: October 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post