SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What did you make for dinner?
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 118
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you make for dinner? Login/Join 
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:

One of my favorites. I love shrimp in the food processor and making renkon hasamiage. Daikon oroshii in ponzu. Beer. Lovely.

Absolutely love daikon oroshii with ponzu, have it every chance Smile

I know renkon hasamiage, but we've not made it. Will have to see if my wife is interested, thank you very much for the suggestion Big Grin

Oh, and for folks who might not know, Japan has an amazing array of foods that go superbly with beer...

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
That looks perfect smschulz!

I never bought their prime Ribeyes before. The used to cut off the caps to make cap steaks so they were missing the best part of the piece of meat. Since they no longer sell cap steaks was it included on yours?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:

renkon hasamiage. Daikon oroshii in ponzu.
This sounds exotic but I have absolutely no idea what it is.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30548 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:

Yep, except for the Ponzu which is delightful poured into a half avocado and eaten with a spoon

Posts: 5302 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:

I never bought their prime Ribeyes before. The used to cut off the caps to make cap steaks so they were missing the best part of the piece of meat. Since they no longer sell cap steaks was it included on yours?

This cut was the eye only.
I agree the cap is the best and even per Guga aka Guga Foods it (the cap) is the King of all steaks.
Nevertheless this steak ^^^ was fantastic.

Posts: 22860 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Well what the heck are they doing with the cap then? If they are not selling cap steak, but trimming it off where does it go? As far as I know they cut all those steaks in house, so the cap has to be going somewhere?

Usually the only way I get a Costco prime ribeye is when I buy the whole dang rib roast, but my gosh is that expensive and only done for special occasions with guests.

Cap steak is the undisputed king of steaks, you could cook it well done and it's still juicy.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:

Not really Smile

Renkon is just the lotus root. Hasamiage just means something stuffed and fried. So this is just lotus root stuffed with ground seasoned shrimp and then deep fried. You can use ground beef or pork or chicken. Can mix in some ground shiitake mushrooms too.

Daikon oroshii is just grated daikon radish. Then mixed in with ponzu sauce. It makes fried foods a little refreshing.

It’s a good beer drinking snack.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
quote:

This cut was the eye only.
I agree the cap is the best and even per Guga aka Guga Foods it (the cap) is the King of all steaks.
Nevertheless this steak ^^^ was fantastic.
That looks amazing.

How do you do the compound butter?

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23102 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
Made a Prime Ribeye from Costco about 12 oz topped with compound butter {butter+fresh_garlic,rosemary} reverse seared on the BGE.

Wow, looking at the pic on PC instead of phone. That does look very delicious. My mouth is watering now. I haven't a steak in weeks.

When Costco started to separately sell the caps from the ribeye, I stopped buying ribeyes. I started to buy either caps or NY strip.

Man, I'm gonna have steak tonight. Foot down. No discussion.

"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
My lunch - Chicken fajitas for Cinco de Mayo. Chicken marinated in goya mojo criollo, homemade salsa, HEB guacamole, etc.

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23102 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
That looks good. We will be having Margaritas and tacos at our local Mexican eatery

Posts: 5302 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Damn tater, if that's lunch, what's dinner?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Need a nap, just from looking Wink

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Damn tater, if that's lunch, what's dinner?
I do virtual personal training Tuesday nights. I'm starving afterwards so it's always leftovers as there is no way I'm waiting for a cooked meal.

Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
taco salad

Posts: 4683 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by doublesharp:
taco salad

Wow, between tatortodd's fajitas and your taco salad I'm now hungry for some Mexican cuisine. Being Cinco de Mayo today I'll have to come up with something tonight.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Really late lunch or early dinner.

Burger topped with pulled pork, pepper jack cheese, and bacon. Yum. Just combination of leftover stuff in fridge/pantry. Doing this again for sure.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Those burgers. Yum.

semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
We’re having crock pot roast and potatoes tonight.
I cut up the roast into two inch chunks, chop a few carrots and a sweet onion, a garlic clove and pour a bottle of pace picante sauce over it all, turn it on and sometimes I add some beef broth...six hours on high, or eight or nine on low...

Super easy, super tasty.

My MIL dumps in a package of Italian dressing in hers and it’s good also

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11247 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Big ass steaks from Costco (S&P, garlic powder, fresh thyme), grilled asparagus, taters, and home made bread.

No quarter pic, would have needed half or dollar piece.

Sous Vided and seared on grill with edges painted by torch.

Nice med rare edge to edge.

I could have had a meal of steak by itself as good as it turned out, but here's the rest of the accompaniment.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis