SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What did you make for dinner?
Page 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 ... 119
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you make for dinner? Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Damn, benny!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20803 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
benny,

I'll be right over! drool!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16179 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
I've been hospitalized with COVID, am home now, and my wife is still in the hospital.

A friend dropped off this wonderful soup I thoroughly enjoyed for lunch today. No idea what it is other than it was utterly delicious.

Posts: 3714 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by h2oys:
No idea what it is other than it was utterly delicious.

Looks like a nice vegetable - beef number. Glad you enjoyed!

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16179 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
^^^ Thanks for the guidance.

Posts: 3714 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of lastmanstanding
posted Hide Post
I don't have a pic of the finished product but I followed Kent Rollins recipe for the Hungry Man TV Dinner remake. It was stick to the ribs and awesome flavor!. Kent is a little corny but he has solid recipes and advice.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8522 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This morning I put on a big pot of pinto beans with smoked ham hocks, hot Rotel tomatoes, one large diced purple onion, a can of diced hot Hatch green chilies and coarse ground pepper. They will cook all day and be ready for supper.

Will do a batch of jalapeno cornbread muffins to go with the beans.

Now that is good eatin' in my part of the Country.

Posts: 6612 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Over cooked the lamb, but it was still good.

Red Lobster cheese rolls, mashed taters, roasted artichokes on the side.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20803 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
Ok so i didnt cook this but wife took me out for valentines so i thought i would share.

For starters, seared tuna

Since they were all out of raw Octopus, we went with raw shellfish Ponzu and assorted skewers

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6299 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
We are not gourmets. I've paid attention to everyone's comments about their air friers, and to my delight, Walmart delivered ours today.

We went basic. My wife is still on oxygen from COVID (9 days in the hospital) and I've been home from the hospital 7 days now after 6 nights at the hospital.

We have alot to be thankful for, and to that end, I cooked very basic chicken wings and fries in our air frier.

The unanimous verdict: UTTERLY DELICIOUS.

Crispy, no oil and a Yuengling to boot.

Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I just heated a can of chili, added some Cayenne pepper, and served it over rice.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Like flashguy I went simple tonight too as it's just too damn cold. Defrosted a healthy portion of navy beans and ham made a few months back. A roll, extra sharp cheddar, and some green and red grapes did the deed. Big Grin

USN (RET), COTEP #192

posted Hide Post
My husband made spanish rice and chicken ‘n dumplings.

Yum.

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Posts: 719 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Master of one hand
pistol shooting
Picture of Hamden106
posted Hide Post
I made a big pan of chili.
With lots and lots of beans. Many beans.

SIGnature
NRA Benefactor CMP Pistol Distinguished

Posts: 6312 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Tonight's meal: pot roast.... almost done.

Just added the carrots and some celery as I don't want either soggy.

Just under 4 lb boneless chuck cross rib roast. Just wine and seasoning. No beef stock. Will reduce the meat drippings / wine liquid for some rich gravy.

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Hey bald: Is that a whole lemon in there, or just an odd shaped potato?

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12765 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:
Hey bald: Is that a whole lemon in there, or just an odd shaped potato?

No lemon. Big Grin Pealed Yukon gold potatoes and whole onions.

Seasoning: crushed garlic cloves, thyme, rosemary, bay leaf, salt, pepper. Wine used was under 2 cups of cabernet sauvignon.

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Thank you. Not to say, it wouldn't be a good source of some acid. Brunswick Stew relies on an orange or two.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12765 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Removed the roast to shred the meat. Then using a spider removed the vegetables so that the wine-beef drippings liquid can be reduced for gravy. Big Grin

Nope, no pictures of the food plated as it demanded immediate consumption. Big Grin Will get a shot with some plated leftovers later. Smile Smile

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
Looks fantastic. I love a good pot roast dinner or stew.