SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What did you make for dinner?
Page 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... 118
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you make for dinner? Login/Join 
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Looks great Jesse.

Posts: 12915 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jeff and Jesse, CRUSHING IT!!!

Posts: 1700 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wingspar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
I misread that, thought it said Skin's chicken, and thought I have no special chicken breast recipes... Looks yummy!

The 30th is my birthday, was scheduled off from work, but just found out they rearranged schedule and I have to work now 10pm - 8am. Frown So no special dinner for bday for me, might still make some steaks or something easy.

The 30th makes 15 years since I retired. Have some rib eyes in the fridge, some corn on the cob and the makings for cheese cake.

---------------
Gary
Will Fly for Food... and more Ammo
Mosquito Lubrication Video

If Guns Cause Crime, Mine Are Defective.... Ted Nugent

Posts: 2505 | Location: Oregon | Registered: January 15, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Mrs. Cooker and I decided that it was Saturday. It was apple pie for dinner.

ETA, I have a beautiful Silpat for when I cook directly on it.
This dirty Costco silicone mat is for catching drippings.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Reverse seared prime grade NY Strip and roast asparagus.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:

While that sounds amazing, that vs. Apple pie?

No consequences, what would you choose?

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:

While that sounds amazing, that vs. Apple pie?

No consequences, what would you choose?
Steak but it'd be a different answer if the dessert was pecan pie.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
Nothing fancy, korean pork with rice and pretty standard sides.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6251 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Otto,

That Korean pork looks tasty, but personally I'll pass on the Similac. Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Coming up on 14 years of retirement! Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Otto - pork with a bulgogi marinade? It’s not the spicy grilled pork? Sides of cheolsong peppers and perilla leaves? Yum. Rice looks rather long grain for Korea though. Jasmine?

Do you watch delicious rendezvous there? Helping out the farmers? Smile. I loved the episodes with Jisoo. Cute and funny.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
Otto - pork with a bulgogi marinade? It’s not the spicy grilled pork? Sides of cheolsong peppers and perilla leaves? Yum. Rice looks rather long grain for Korea though. Jasmine?

Do you watch delicious rendezvous there? Helping out the farmers? Smile. I loved the episodes with Jisoo. Cute and funny.

My wife prefers Jasmine over the short or medium grains. We of course get our fill of the latter when we go out to eat.

Was 왕돼지 Which is basically pork chops in a marinade similar to bulgogi yes.

And man, I can't get enough peppers and 됀장 (Deonjang - Never good at romanization).

I'll update more often, last week we went out to eat 6 times with the relaxation of restrictions for Chuseok.

I have not watched that one, right now binging on "Playful Sister" with Pak Sae Ri and other retire athletes. Very entertaining.

Posts: 6251 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
I've got a pot of homemade chili simmering in the crock pot right now, it should be done in another 2 hours. No, no beans.

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Expert308:
I've got a pot of homemade chili simmering in the crock pot right now, it should be done in another 2 hours. No, no beans.

God I hate the beans/no beans stuff. I will eat all good chili from every region of the country and every recipe known to man, as long as it tastes good.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post
Southern guy, living in Korea, married to a Hispanic woman. Never eat the same thing two times in a row lol.

Breakfast instead of dinner.

Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Costco make some burger/cheese/bacon hamburgers. They're about 1/2# each and one of these babies with some coleslaw does the trick.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4214 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a thick ribeye steak with my rub on it in the fridge. With that will be a baked spud with the "works", along with green beans and potatoes seasoned "Southern style" with bacon and spices. White Pita bread for a pusher. A "taste" of Knob Creek small batch Bourbon first.....and during the grilling. Yum!!

Posts: 6600 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by Expert308:

God I hate the beans/no beans stuff. I will eat all good chili from every region of the country and every recipe known to man, as long as it tastes good.

As will I. I just figured somebody would bring it up. Wink

Posts: 7244 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
It was a safe bet.

Good chili is good chili.

Have previously stated that I have been known to eat pizza with a knife and fork Razz

Big Grin

We had Korean BBQ, last night, with daikon kimchee - yum!

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Pork loin roast with a pineapple honey chipotle glaze.
Pasta salad
Apple pie

quote:
The “lol” thread

posted Hide Post
Damn if we don't have some damn fine chef's here! I'm a griller, but these meals put me in the doghouse! Glad the wife doesn't frequent SigForum or I would be in trouble!!

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post