SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What did you make for dinner?
Page 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 118
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you make for dinner? Login/Join 
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
My Mom said she wanted hamburgers tonight, but she doesn’t have a grill so my wife and I invited her over. I had good intentions of taking progress photos, but only ended up taking before pictures. Once it was ready we dug in. I made the burgers on the BGE and made baked sweet potato fries from fresh sweet potatoes. It all turned out very good. Sorry for no after pictures.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8657 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unmanned Writer
Picture of LS1 GTO
posted Hide Post
Tonight it's grilled chicken breast burgers (with Cajon spices) and grilled ears of corn.

Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.

Only in an insane world are the sane considered insane.

The memories of a man in his old age
Are the deeds of a man in his prime

Posts: 14020 | Location: It was Lat: 33.xxxx Lon: 44.xxxx now it's CA :( | Registered: March 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
mapo tofu above looks good. i bought ingredients to make the same. similar ingredients as listed but i prefer ground beef over pork. i caramelize onions with negi first. then garlic. then add browned ground beef without the fat and akku. then the rest of the mapo ingredients and simmer for a long time - tofu releases its water and absorbs the sauce. some goma abura at the end of cooking for a little depth.

tonight was foil wrapped chilean sea bass. filet with sugar, soy sauce, mirin, sake, ginger and scallions. wrapped in foil and baked. tender, bass taste with hints of sugar and salt and a slight ginger kick.

Thanks. Knew I forgot something. We did add sesame oil (gomabura) at the end. We use pork, as that's the way my wife prefers. Agree about removing the akku (scum) with beef. We did simmer for a good while. It was spicy.

The bass sounds very good with the ginger Smile

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ARman:
Southern fried catfish. Red beans and rice, sauteed mixed greens, corn bread, and home fries.

Breading for catfish. 60% all purpose flour, 40% corn meal, salt and pepper, powder garlic and onion, chipotle powder, and other herbs and spices.

Beaten egg with a dash of hot sauce to dredge catfish filet. Coat in breading mixture and fry 3 to 5 minutes.

Serve with hot sauce, mustard, tartar sauce.

ARman

Sir!

Photos, please!

Yer killing me here Big Grin

Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
Grilled marinated pork chops, fried potatoes and veggies.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tonight will be hickory smoked baby back ribs, with macaroni salad, pita bread, and steamed Asian veggies with a mayo/horseradish/Worcestershire sauce dressing. Of course, Strawberry ice cream for dessert.

Posts: 6600 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Dinner here tonight was medium rare nondescript chuck steak my wife picked up in desperation, with sauteed mushrooms, a side of cabbage fried with bacon, some sliced tomatoes, and baked onion. Sorry to say my cooking isn't particularly photogenic, so I've refrained from showing it here.

As a service to the forum, however, I want to call your attention to the baked onion. I found the recipe online (https://skillet.lifehacker.com/behold-the-simple-comfort-of-a-butter-baked-onion-1842794181) and I can't recommend it more highly. A sweet onion baked with butter and bullion for an hour or so is so tender and tasty I can hardly believe it. Try it, you'll like it!

Posts: 99 | Location: Bremerton, WA | Registered: July 20, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
Neighbor brought us over a couple of Dungeness crab they caught today in the bay. Melted butter and an ice cold beer. Nothing better!

Posts: 1804 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Smoking a chuck roast. Got a late start and it's not done yet.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
A nice thick NY strip steak coming to room temperature. A white vice red wine by request.

Getting a char on in one of our Stargazer cast iron pans

Plated with steamed sides.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Looks delicious, Bob!

How was the wine?

Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:
Looks delicious, Bob!

How was the wine?

Frank,
Normally Moscato is quite sweet. Not this one. Very nicely balanced; deemed semi-sweet. Served at room temperature too rather than chilled. Much prefer this to dry overly bubbly champagnes. We'll be looking for this Italian brand in the future. Smile

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bald1,

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
Homemade buttermilk biscuits with jelly or honey, scrambled eggs and sausage links. Kids wanted breakfast for dinner and I delivered. Wife was pretty happy with it too.

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5423 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I just nuked a Marie Callendar's spaghetti and meat sauce dinner. It was actually pretty good -- about like what I get in a restaurant, with a good ratio of meat sauce and spaghetti. I will buy more of them. (It doesn't have cheese on it, which is good -- I don't eat cheese.)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
I just nuked a Marie Callendar's spaghetti and meat sauce dinner. It was actually pretty good -- about like what I get in a restaurant, with a good ratio of meat sauce and spaghetti. I will buy more of them. (It doesn't have cheese on it, which is good -- I don't eat cheese.)

flashguy

I like them as well occasionally. Unlike you however, I add a good amount of Parmesan cheese to it. Smile

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Last night's dinner, spatchcock chicken, fried chickpeas, and green beans (with bacon).

Tonight, hommade chicken noodle soup with the leftovers.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
I made a Korean inspired dish that called for pork (like pork shoulder - something that would be tender upon simmering). So, I used about 1 pound of high grade pork belly, 1/2 pound of pork butt, and simmered with daikon, soy sauce, sugar, garlic, korean chili powder.

I rendered the pork belly first. It looked GORGEOUS and should have just stopped there. Mistake #1.

Mistake #2: I used a pressure cooker to cut down the simmer time. The 1" cubes of pork belly and pork basically disintegrated into the stew. No tasty chunks of pork belly.....

The taste came out good overall. Went well over white rice. But next time, I'll just simmer; or cut down the pressure cooker time (30 minutes was way too much).

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Last night's dinner, spatchcock chicken, fried chickpeas, and green beans (with bacon).

Tonight, hommade chicken noodle soup with the leftovers.

That looks delicious.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:

That looks delicious.

It was, I forgot how much I love fried Chickpeas, made them twice in the last three days, such a yummy side. Also, I'm only cooking chickens spatchcocked from now on, a method I learned here on the forum.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
I forgot how much I love fried Chickpeas, made them twice in the last three days, such a yummy side.

Got a Cosori air fryer inbound and one of the first projects is to make crispy seasoned chickpeas!
https://www.myforkinglife.com/...air-fryer-chickpeas/

USN (RET), COTEP #192