SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What did you make for dinner?
Page 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 118
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you make for dinner? Login/Join 
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Wagyu dinosaur bones!

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12350 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Sadly Father's Day will be a solo event here. So at least I'll be fixing myself a nice meal. Smile

1.5" thick NY Strip steak marinading in beancooker's dry spice rub for preparation later today.
Again, thanks Noah!

Probably will be had with sauteed onions and mushrooms, mashed potatoes, some vegetable, and a green salad. Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Made erj's Crock-Pot chicken recipe from previous page. It's definitely worth a try. Like him I mixed the ingredients in advance. Turned Crock-Pot on high, put mix, spices, and soup in the Crock-Pot, while that was heating up I turned the grill on high and seared the chicken on both sides for a little extra flavor. By the time grill was heated, the Crock-Pot liquid was hot enough to mix evenly and I added chicken and set to low for 7-8 hours.

Had some grands biscuits and green beans with bacon on the side. A super easy meal to make, with leftover chicken and mashed potatoes, I'm going to make some open faced sandwiches for dinner.

I love simple, good tasting meals.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Lunch is served!

Sauteed the mushrooms in butter, olive oil, salt, and pepper, with a splash of balsamic glaze, lemon peel granules, and celery seed. Steamed the Vidalia onions on top of the half done mushrooms. Worked out tastier than I hoped. Big Grin

Blue Cheese side salad, corn, and mashed potatoes FWIW.

Again, thanks to beancooker aka Noah for the spice rub!

Sorry for the blurriness. I was real hungry! LOL

Paused while consuming! LOL

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bald1,

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Looking good Bald1, happy father's day, sorry you can't spend it with your kids.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
"KitchenCom, this is GrillOne...prepare for initial touchdown in 7 mikes..."

"GrillOne KitchenCom roger"

"Kitchen Com GrillOne"...wrap successful. We'll see you in 60 mikes.

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
explain pic 1 please

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Looking good Bald1, happy father's day, sorry you can't spend it with your kids.

Thanks Jesse. Eldest is in SoCal, the other had to work an extended shift. Frown

Happy father's day to you too. :thumbsup:

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
explain pic 1 please

If thats for me, some butter and brown sugar. After the ribs cook for an hour I put them meat down on this, wrap them, and put them on for another hour.

Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
"KitchenCom, GrillOne...Prep for landing"

"We are running hot, straight, and fast"

"GrillOne KitchenCom, read you five by five. Landing zone is prepped".

Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Those are some fine looking ribs mbinky. I'll have to give that recipe a try. Perfect smoke ring.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post
Tonight’s “Dinner with Protection “ was Grilled Carnitas Pork with mesquite seasoning, Italian seasoned roasted fingerling potatoes, and a Greek beet salad with mixed greens, shallots, steamed beets, feta cheese, and a Greek vinaigrette.
My wife has been making well seasoned dishes since I lost my sense of taste & smell after this Covid virus had its way with me.
I have to say this was the most flavorful as well as the best meal I’ve had since April 1st.
I never liked feta cheese but now I’m a fan.
Nice to be able to taste some things again.

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6931 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mbinky:
quote:
Originally posted by konata88:
explain pic 1 please

If thats for me, some butter and brown sugar. After the ribs cook for an hour I put them meat down on this, wrap them, and put them on for another hour.

Hmmmm, interesting...

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Made erj's Crock-Pot chicken recipe from previous page.
Your simple presentation looks tasty! Never thought about putting a sear on the chicken before putting it in the crock pot...thanks! Glad you enjoyed it, Jesse!!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11054 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Another simple dinner last night. Red/Green peppers, onions, and kielbasa grilled and served on top of rice with some broccoli and cheese on the side.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Ribs, Green beans, Mac-n-cheese, sliced Italian bread.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Preview of dinner, what's Skins making?

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Jesse, ya had me worried there with that first picture of the prep on a washing machine.

Thankfully you cleared the air with the second pic.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Bald1, was mid kitchen remodel when CV hit. Still haven't finished, waiting til I get new job or back to working 50 hour weeks. My laundry room is my kitchen.

Another clue one is ground beef, the other is ground sausage:

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bald1, was mid kitchen remodel when CV hit. Still haven't finished, waiting til I get new job or back to working 50 hour weeks. My laundry room is my kitchen.

Another clue one is ground beef, the other is ground sausage:

Ah sorry. Understood about the interrupted remodel.

From your earlier pics I would have said flat iron or maybe tri-tip steak. But now you are showing ground patties? Confused here. Roll Eyes

USN (RET), COTEP #192