SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What did you make for dinner?
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 118
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you make for dinner? Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Tonight I am doing a Country style Rib with my rib rub, done on the grill. Also, a baked potato with the fixins, and butter beans with bacon. Pita bread, and ice Cream for dessert.

Posts: 6601 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
We had king crab legs and bulgogi with lots of extra onions added. Sorry, no photos. We only have the crab legs twice a year, but they are really very good, but not inexpensive. The bulgogi goes a long way and we'll have it, again, tomorrow. Costco really has quality food.

A few folks asked about the tiny, dried shrimp, "sakura ebi," so here's a photo of the package:

It really adds to the flavor.

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
No pix because everyone was hungry and didn’t want to wait for me to set up pix with protection, but I grilled some 1.25 inch ribeyes with boiled corn on the cob and a baked creamed cauliflower dish topped with fresh thyme sprigs. Shrimp scampi was a side entree for those who like sea bugs. One of the DF family (not me) drank my last Dr Pepper yesterday without telling me so I drank ice water. No room for the ice cream sundaes I planned. Maybe later tonight....

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29608 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stuck on
himself
posted Hide Post
I smoked a brisket and a pork shoulder. The wife made sweet potato casserole and a salad.

It did not suck.

Posts: 4177 | Registered: January 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Hawaiian kabobs. Chicken, onion, green bell, pineapple.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dirty Boat Guy
Picture of parallel
posted Hide Post
Not for dinner so much as an appetizer. Easter dinner consisted of the usual dishes. This cedar plank salmon fillet with garlic rosemary butter cooked on the big green Egg was a hit.

A penny saved is a government oversight.

Posts: 6708 | Location: New Orleans Area | Registered: January 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
I wish I could say I made reservations for dinner, but that's not happening.

I have stuffed bell peppers from Costco, and they are delicious.

Posts: 11814 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Smoked a pork shoulder and made some cheddar jalapeño biscuits.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We had my wife’s fried chicken, mashed potatoes, roasted asparagus and freshly gathered (like earlier today) sautéed morels. Delicious.

Posts: 2156 | Location: St. Louis | Registered: January 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I made dinner for my wife one of our daughters and our granddaughter. Traditional Easter.

Ham
Potatoes
Yams
Corn
Pie

West German Sig P220, P6, P226, BDA

Posts: 89 | Location: NE Ohio Willoughby | Registered: December 13, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Learn it, know it, live it
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
I brined a whole chicken over night, cut it in half and grilled it for dinner.
Had it with grilled corn on the cob, Bush's steakhouse beans, steamed broccoli, and beer cheese sauce.
That was Easter dinner here.

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P250UA5:

Looks good.
I found anytime I kabobed chicken next to pineapple it tasted chalky.
I started grilling the pineapple by itself.

Am I doing soemthing wrong?

Posts: 4354 | Location: Great State of TEXAS | Registered: July 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
quote:

Looks good.

We keep the marinade & brush it on a few times while it's cooking. Other than that, we've never had any unsavory flavors in ours, apart from an ocasional bit of charred sauce.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15154 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 1lowlife
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by 1lowlife:
quote:

Looks good.

We keep the marinade & brush it on a few times while it's cooking. Other than that, we've never had any unsavory flavors in ours, apart from an ocasional bit of charred sauce.

OK, thank you..

Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
We made my wife's favorite ramen...

Tahn-men, with sauteed thinly sliced pork, carrots, wood ear mushrooms, cabbage, and bean sprouts, in a fantastic broth and using fresh ramen noodles.

It was a very warming dish for a snowy day in Michigan Smile

(we made yaki-soba, last night, but forgot to take a photo in time, before it disappeared) Wink

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Tonight I am trying to go through some of my old food stock. I have Ramen noodles that “expired” 2 years ago but I have been having them and they are just fine.

This was a spur of the moment meal with what I have on hand so it doesn’t have everything I would like. I am boiling sliced onions, cabbage, and frozen mixed vegetables in chicken broth. I will then add shredded chicken I made the other day along with the Ramen noodles and have me a good soup! Of course I will add some Sauces to add flavor. I wish I had bean sprouts and fresh sliced jalapeños to add, but oh well.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8657 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Spaghetti and meat sauce leftovers from last night. No pics because it's pretty boring looking. For lunch made favorite breakfast/brunch again. Yum. If not for the time and amount of butter involved I'd eat this almost every day.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNormin:
Tonight I am trying to go through some of my old food stock. I have Ramen noodles that “expired” 2 years ago but I have been having them and they are just fine.

This was a spur of the moment meal with what I have on hand so it doesn’t have everything I would like. I am boiling sliced onions, cabbage, and frozen mixed vegetables in chicken broth. I will then add shredded chicken I made the other day along with the Ramen noodles and have me a good soup! Of course I will add some Sauces to add flavor. I wish I had bean sprouts and fresh sliced jalapeños to add, but oh well.

So you like to use leftover meat and veggies to ramen to make easy meal too. Wife thought I was nuts first time I did it. Now she still thinks I'm nuts but likes it when I make it.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20758 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNormin:

So you like to use leftover meat and veggies to ramen to make easy meal too. Wife thought I was nuts first time I did it. Now she still thinks I'm nuts but likes it when I make it.

Heck yeah. It is a great way to use leftovers and it was so good. I like Vietnamese Pho Ga, so this is a cheesy interpretation of it. I wish I would have had more vegetables to add, but I used what I had.

Posts: 8657 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Spaghetti and meat sauce leftovers from last night. No pics because it's pretty boring looking. For lunch made favorite breakfast/brunch again. Yum. If not for the time and amount of butter involved I'd eat this almost every day.

Okay you have peaked my interest. Do you have a recipe you can share? I noticed your latest pic had no bacon....shame....shame. Big Grin

Edit: I saw your post on how tou make these so disregard recipe request. I will try to make it tomorrow morning.

What are the round things on the side? I am thinking they are the bread holes removed for the eggs.