SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What did you make for dinner?
Page 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 118
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you make for dinner? Login/Join 
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:

Tonight, my wife wanted tempura. Specifically, she wanted Japanese eggplant tempura, but there were none left at the Japanese market Frown

Regardless, she made lotus root, Japanese sweet potato, shiitake, kabocha pumpkin, and carrot tempura. It turned out marvelously! Big Grin
I need directions to your house. ARman's, too. Wink

V-Tail, I'll leave trail markers so you can follow me there. Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Made my canned meat stew again today. This time I added a small can of peas and carrots to the mix, and that increased the amount. I'll get 2 more meals from it now. It was tasty.

That was my last can of the Hereford beef with gravy, but I've been advised that a local Kroger store stocks it. (If not, I'll just order more on the web.) (If you've not tried it, I recommend you do--it's really good.)

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Quick simple dinner from last night. Bagged salad, bread stick, Spaghetti Aglio E Oli, grilled shrimp on top.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Hobbs
posted Hide Post
Basically chicken and broccoli UP in Hobbs cafe.
Peppercorn Cream Chicken with Parmesan-Roasted Broccoli ... Garlic, Shallot and lemon juice round out the flavor profile.

Posts: 4697 | Location: Bathing in the stream of consciousness ~~~ | Registered: July 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Great northern beans and ham, all day in the slow cooker, and my first attempt at cornbread, baked in a cast iron skillet.

Everything was tasty, but the cornbread was a bit on the tough side. I have no idea what I did wrong.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30544 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:

Tonight, my wife wanted tempura. Specifically, she wanted Japanese eggplant tempura, but there were none left at the Japanese market Frown

Regardless, she made lotus root, Japanese sweet potato, shiitake, kabocha pumpkin, and carrot tempura. It turned out marvelously! Big Grin
I need directions to your house. ARman's, too. Wink

V-Tail, I'll leave trail markers so you can follow me there. Big Grin

Y'all are very welcome Smile

Yeah, definitely need to meet ARman, that's for sure!

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hobbs:
Basically chicken and broccoli UP in Hobbs cafe.
Peppercorn Cream Chicken with Parmesan-Roasted Broccoli ... Garlic, Shallot and lemon juice round out the flavor profile.

Looks absolutely delicious, sir!!!

Beautiful plating, too.

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Pimento cheese sandwich on whole wheat bread. The Jaeger schnitzel I made in the crock pot today is for dinner tomorrow. Smile

Posts: 3202 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, definitely need to meet ARman, that's for sure![/QUOTE]

That's very flattering! Thank you! Same here. Your wife's cooking looks fabulous!

Tonight, I had one piece of Snapper left, no more tortillas, but I had black beans and green chilies.

So I made homemade coleslaw,
Red and Green cabbage, with carrots. I had some standard orange, but also yellow.
The "dressing" mayonnaise (blue plate in this case) organic apple cider vinegar, a very small splash of lime juice, maple syrup and honey (local to me), celery seeds, Greek seasoning, a very small splash of Greek yogurt Dell and cucumber salad dressing, like a tablespoon. A small shake of my chilie powder.

I don't really measure things out, it's always a pinch here a splash there, but I always seem to be able to replicate it.

I also tend to change things up depending upon my taste for the day/what I'm having.

ARman

Posts: 3146 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of SOTAR
posted Hide Post
Old BBQ died yesterday. Gave up trying to replace the burners. Diesected it today, and into recycling it went.

Bought a new basic gas BBQ today. $99 at home depot.

Grilled up 2 T-Bone stakes 1" thick or so.
Grade A+++ Super Prime Oregon Beef (my best description of it) Bought 1/4 of a cattle directly from the farm.

About 10 minutes total on the grill, Medium rare. So good, it didn't need anything, no A1, no sauteed onions/mushrooms Nothing. Just a great steak.

Side of baked sweet potato and kale salad.

Sorry no evidence remaining to photograph.

Posts: 1037 | Location: portland, OR | Registered: October 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Went French and made this tonight, turned out great and surprisingly very easy.

If you got a Dutch oven and like chicken, give it a shot.

Posts: 14571 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Easy dinner again.

Grilled drumsticks, fried chickpeas, and green beans with bacon and butter.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bow-tie pasta al dente
Scallops and shrimp in garlic, onion, nutmeg and Jerez heavy cream sauce
Fresh spinach sautéed in drawn butter and EVOO
Fresh strawberries and blueberries in Gran Mariner sauce

Giogato Pino Grigio
Benedictine & Brandy

Italian Roast Espresso double shot

No quarter
.308/.223

Posts: 2081 | Location: Central Florida.  | Registered: March 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
I have a few different recipes/dinners I have made. Only a few pictures, but they’re pretty good. I started posting them on a blog at work. If you want to check them out You can see them here:
Mount Hope Blog

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post

The only variation I did to this recipe was to whisk together the soup, gravy mix, spices, and water in a bowl and THEN poured it over the chicken...makes for a smoother gravy because the soup won't be lumpy. I also serve with rice (ala Alton Brown's method) instead of mashed potatoes because my mashed potatoes are LOADED with butter...too much fat.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11052 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Looks good erj, I'm going to try that for sure, super easy quick meal.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
Yup...has my two favorite ingredients. EASY and TASTY! Big Grin Enjoy, sir!!

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11052 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Beancooker:
I started posting them on a blog at work. If you want to check them out You can see them here:
Mount Hope Blog

Nice that you provide a breakdown of your spice rubs. Great stuff BTW. Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bob. I live to share recipes!

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Smoked pork rib eye chops, with the obligatory quarter shot.
Mighty tasty. Thermapen said they were just over 150 when pulled.

[img]https://i.postimg.cc/2SXxKqWd/20200620-165250.jpg[/img

Posts: 3580 | Location: Texas Hill Country | Registered: July 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post