SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What did you make for dinner?
Page 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 119
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you make for dinner? Login/Join 
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:

I've tried several brands of canned beef (none of which currently are stocked in my area supermarkets any more, for several years), but decided to try ordering the Hereford brand from the web. It is produced in Brazil, and is far and away more tasty than either Hormel or Armour. It would make fantastic hot beef sandwiches! It's not cheap, but it's definitely worth it. I know we're supposed to "Buy American", but the improvement in quality from this Brazil product will be an exception for me. I think I ordered it from Amazon (about $9.50 a can) but I see Kroger supposedly has it at about half that price.

Curious... ever try this stuff? If you're not a COSTCO member it can still be ordered mail order + 5% which is usually much cheaper than Amazon.
I have not. I'm not a Costco member. That product is in Beef Broth, not gravy. It would be suitable for soup or some other dishes, but I want the thicker gravy in my "stew".

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:

Curious... ever try this stuff? If you're not a COSTCO member it can still be ordered mail order + 5% which is usually much cheaper than Amazon.
I have never seen that in Costco. What is it? Consistency? Roast beef slices? Spam-like substance?

It's chunks of roast beef in broth.

quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
I want the thicker gravy in my "stew".

That certainly is easily remedied. Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16185 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Reverse seared prime grade NY strip and green beans

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23218 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
Halibut, pan seared and cooked, home made sour dough bread, mashed potatoes and creamed fresh spinach.

As to the above mentioned Costco canned Roast Beef, I like it and keep some on hand in the pantry. Oddly, not all Costco's stock it. My local OKC Costco does not. I have purchased some on road trips to the DFW area as well as in Tucson AZ. If you can buy it, try it.

Posts: 11837 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Expert308
posted Hide Post
I picked up the phone and ordered some takeout from my favorite local Italian restaurant. Meatball calzone and garlic bread.

Posts: 7262 | Location: Idaho | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tonight will be a new "experiment". I found some large, bone-in, Country style ribs on sale a bought some. My plan:

(1) Apply my rub and let stand a bit.

(2) place ribs on trivet with one(1) cup of chicken broth in the bottom of my Instant Pot. Added Liquid smoke to the broth.

(3) Cook on high heat/steam for 35 minutes, and then let the steam off, and remove the lid.

(4) Add fajita mix(onions, red peppers, green peppers) to the top of the meat, along with 3 baking potatoes and a few okra pods.

(5) Lid back on, and high heat/steam for 10 more minutes, and let the steam come down on it's own(about 10-15 min), while it stays on the "keep warm" setting.

I have an ear of corn in the husks to be done in the microwave.

Wish me luck!!

Posts: 6613 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hungryman Turkey TV dinner. Went fishing today and got back late, so best option was to pop that in the microwave. That TV dinner is the only one that is even remotely edible.

Posts: 1049 | Location: New Jersey  | Registered: May 03, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Pork tenderloin at 325 on the BGE. Last 10 degrees, finished with 4 escobars honey bbq sauce.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23218 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tri Tip and cabbage on the smoker
Green Beans
Watermelon for dessert

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is that good men have insurance." JALLEN

Posts: 961 | Location: Shadow of St. Helens | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Filet mignon, grilled asparagus, roasted potatoes, and (unseen) breads sticks.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20812 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives
posted Hide Post
Carnitas Florentine:

Took some leftover carnitas, sautés in garlic And olive oil.

Then I added 2 bunches Of fresh spinach, salt, pepper, fresh basil, oregano and cooked it until the spinach was tender.

Then I add some cream and Parmesan cheese and cooked about 2 more minutes.

Delicious over penne.

"I don't own the night, I only operate a small franchise" - Author unknown

Posts: 2447 | Location: Texas | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
Filet mignon, grilled asparagus, roasted potatoes, and (unseen) breads sticks.

I guess I won’t post again in this thread. Wink

That looks amazing!

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is that good men have insurance." JALLEN

Posts: 961 | Location: Shadow of St. Helens | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mcrimm
posted Hide Post
Two nights ago I Sous Vided a couple of NY steaks for 2 hours at 142°. Right before we were gonna eat, my wife decided she would rather have a Polar Swirl from A&W. Okay, throw the steaks in the fridge, eat ice cream and wait a day. Last night I pulled them out, 142° for 1 hour and unseal. They were excellent with a side of Cole slaw.

I'm sorry if I hurt you feelings when I called you stupid - I thought you already knew - Unknown
When you have no future, you live in the past. " Sycamore Row" by John Grisham

Posts: 4223 | Location: Saddlebrooke, Arizona | Registered: December 24, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Tonight was one of my wife's specialties, Japanese karaage (fried chicken).

Pieces of chicken thighs, marinated in sake and soy sauce with grated ginger and garlic, then using potato starch and a little flour for the coating. Eaten with "yuuzukoshou" spicy citrus pepper sauce or Japanese mayonnaise and Japanese rice, of course. The lettuce made a nice wrapper, when employing extra chopstick skills Wink

As per usual, it goes really well with beer Razz

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Frank,

If I had someone cooking food like that for me, I would be big as a house!!!

Posts: 6613 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
You are very kind, my friend.

Well, being imprisoned certainly hasn't helped my dancer's physique Razz

Really, thanks for the kind words. It's one of my favorites and it didn't make it to leftovers Wink

Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
Carne asada street tacos.

Posts: 10849 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Tonight was another of my wife's recipes, butakimuchi (pork and kimchee). Thinly sliced pork, garlic, kimchee, scallions, beaten eggs (and ginger and tofu, but we were out).

Kimchee takes on a wholly different flavor profile, when cooked.

always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Sorry Frank. Gotta divert from the Japanese cuisine. Smile

I started a thread last week about favorite bottled seasoning https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...935/m/7580096074/p/1
and Noah aka beancooker, who manages Mount Hope Wholesale, a purveyor of a variety of foods including spices and herbs, offered to send me a packet of his home spice rub recipe.

It arrived today and I used it on some flat iron steaks (yes Jesse aka skins2881, they are VERY tasty!).

It is an exotic mix with citrus overtones and a touch of heat using ingredients like Cyprus salt flakes, Piment D’Espelette, Aji Amarillo chili powder, lemon peel, milled Coriander, and ground Szechaun peppercorns among other things. Smile

I brought the meat to room temperature and dusted it with Noah's spice blend to marinade a while.

Used a hot Stargazer cast iron pan to do the meat and a Cosori air fryer to roast baby potatoes. Added a small Caesar salad and a nice Merlot for accompaniment. Oh my! Big Grin

Again my thanks to beancooker aka Noah for his generosity. :thumbsup:

And as an aside, as an old sod empty nester bachelor, the vintage Corelle dinnerware suits me just fine. lolololololololol

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16185 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alea iacta est
Picture of Beancooker
posted Hide Post
Bob, I’m super happy you liked the rub. I got lucky when I mixed it up. That said, I keep a stash of that on hand. When you get low, I’ll send you that, and a few other blends I have made. The ones I keep around are good. The ones that sucked, I never remade.

If I ever make it up to the badlands, We have to cook some steaks and taters. If Mrs. Cooker tags along, maybe some green veggies to suppress the bitching! lol

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread

Posts: 4025 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post