SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What did you make for dinner?
Page 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... 118
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you make for dinner? Login/Join 
Invest Early, Invest Often
Picture of TomV
posted Hide Post
Did Roasted Leg of Lamb on the new Rec Teq Bullseye Grill with Lemon Garlic Potatoes, Roasted Cauliflower, Salsa Verde Garlic Bread and a nice Glass of Red Wine (Not Shown).

Posts: 1341 | Location: Escaped California...Now In Sunny, Southern Utah | Registered: February 15, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
Today? Broiled 3 hot dogs and the buns.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Rack of lamb cooked three times. 1 hour smoke, 1.5-1.75 hours sous vide, seared on the Weber to finish her off.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That looks really good.

Now I'm hungry. Damnit.

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more

Posts: 719 | Location: Maryland | Registered: April 30, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Okay Jesse! Enough is enough!

Want to fly you to flyover country so you can cook for us. Since no smoker or BBQ grills/eggs or sous vide immersion gizmos here you'll need to bring yours. We're plain ol' cast iron nut jobs with access to an oven, broiler, and air fryer. Big Grin
hehehehehehehehehehehehe

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
Dang Skins, that looks heavenly

Posts: 5299 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of barndg00
posted Hide Post
Wish I’d gotten some pictures. On my off weeks, I do a lot of the cooking to give my wife a break.

Monday - Vietnamese Pho
Tuesday - Smoked Cuban Chicken Bombs (boneless chicken thigh with mustard, provolone, ham and pickles inside, wrapped in bacon, and smoked)
Tonight - Blackened Mahi Mahi tacos with homemade retried beans.
Tomorrow I’ll be making Spicy Honey Glazed Chicken thighs, got to figure out a side dish.

Posts: 2155 | Location: NC | Registered: January 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Jesse, you just done broke the internet, dropped the mic, and walked off!!!

Posts: 1700 | Registered: November 07, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Half pound Wagyu burger topped with a healthy dose of bacon and an artery clogging amount Brie. No condiments needed, juiciest burger ever.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20756 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Maryland style crab cakes with lemon remoulade. Air fried potatoes, a salad, and a chunk of extra sharp cheddar cheese. Finished off with a fresh naval orange and a spot of Grand Mariner. Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
I cooked one half of a silver salmon on the grill. It was seasoned with butter, brown sugar, a few other spices, and a bit of pancake syrup. Baked on the grill for 30 minutes. Very yummy!

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10895 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
King Ranch Casserole and it was delicious. I like that it was the old-fashioned butter, flour, chicken stock, and heavy cream recipe rather than the cream of XXX soup versions. Did make a few substitutions:
  • 3.5 lbs of cubed boneless skinless chicken thighs instead of shredding a whole chicken
  • Since I had cubed chicken, went with more of a rustic cut on the veggies
  • baby bellas instead of button mushrooms
  • used a variety of green chiles - a huge store bought anaheim, a huge store bought poblano, and 4 small home grown poblanos that were cross pollinated with jalapenos (way spicier than a normal poblano).

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
  •  
    Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Crusty old
    curmudgeon
    Picture of Jimbo54
    posted Hide Post
    That looks and sounds awesome tator. I love casseroles and could eat one 5 days a week. The leftovers are always better the next day as well.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Drill Here, Drill Now
    Picture of tatortodd
    posted Hide Post
    Thanks. I disagree with the article that I linked that it's the "Texas take on chicken à la king" but instead it's the Tex Mex version of lasagna. Corn tortillas instead of flat pasta, spicy cream sauce instead of marinara, and chicken instead of beef/sausage.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Fighting the good fight
    Picture of RogueJSK
    posted Hide Post
    Bacon, mushroom, and pepperoncini pepper pizza, using homemade sauce and homemade dough.

Posts: 32421 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of bald1
    posted Hide Post
    Mussel meat in a butter-garlic-wine-lemon sauce served with crusty bread. Big Grin

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Alea iacta est
    Picture of Beancooker
    posted Hide Post
    Smoked Mac and Cheese and a brisket. Getting the new recteq dialed in. This one came out fantastic!

quote:
    Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
    The “lol” thread

Posts: 4023 | Location: Staring down at you with disdain, from the spooky mountaintop castle.  | Registered: November 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of Redhookbklyn
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Beancooker:
    Smoked Mac and Cheese and a brisket. Getting the new recteq dialed in. This one came out fantastic!

I believe you have it dialed in. That looks delicious.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
    —Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

Posts: 1925 | Location: South Carolina  | Registered: January 01, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
    Lakhsa Soup.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5952 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Dances With
    Tornados
    posted Hide Post
    Anybody have any tips or suggestions for a Tri-Tip?

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post