SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What did you make for dinner?
Page 1 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 ... 118
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you make for dinner? Login/Join 
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
These rib pictures are making me crave ribs! My wife is on a special diet to where I can’t make them until she ends the diet, which will be two more weeks. I think the day she ends the diet, I am smoking us some ribs!

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8657 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:

Ah sorry. Understood about the interrupted remodel.

From your earlier pics I would have said flat iron or maybe tri-tip steak. But now you are showing ground patties? Confused here. Roll Eyes

2.3 lbs of flat iron
1.3 lbs of ground beef
1.0 lbs of ground sausage

Plus peppers, onions, jalapenos, garlic, and tomatoes.

Chilli!

This is the part that will make the Texans cry, also putting beans in there after it cooks for a while. So for the purists, not chilli.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20757 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:

Ah sorry. Understood about the interrupted remodel.

From your earlier pics I would have said flat iron or maybe tri-tip steak. But now you are showing ground patties? Confused here. Roll Eyes

2.3 lbs of flat iron
1.3 lbs of ground beef
1.0 lbs of ground sausage

Plus peppers, onions, jalapenos, garlic, and garlic.

Chilli!

This is the part that will make the Texans cry, also putting beans in there after it cooks for a while. So for the purists, not chilli.

Looks good! I am Texan and I put beans in my chili! :-)

Posts: 8657 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Looks good! I am Texan and I put beans in my chili! :-)

There are a bunch on here that will call me a heretic for calling it chilli, especially since it's my three meat, three bean chilli.

I feel your pain on the ribs, I'd be pulling them off the grill at 11:50 the night before the diet ends.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20757 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Recondite Raider
Picture of lizardman_u
posted Hide Post
Meatloaf is in the oven:

two pounds ground beef
one pound ground sausage
two packages Lipton mushroom onion soup mix.

Bake for 1.5 hours at 350.

Posts: 3564 | Location: Boardman, Oregon | Registered: September 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Boneless chicken thighs marinaded overnight in Soy Vay Island Teriyaki (great stuff BTW). Served with basmati rice and veggies. Sorry... no pix.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16146 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
My dinner tonight was fresh Cod and steamed fresh green beans. The Cod was seasoned with lemon juice, Pike’s Place Fish Market seasoning, and fresh chopped garlic. It was really good, but I didn’t think about taking a picture. The diet my wife is on requires no fats, oils, or sugar of any kind so it is hard to cook what I would like to.

Who Woulda
Ever Thought?
posted Hide Post
I made a clean plate. My lovely wife baked some breaded shrimp, rice with veggies and chili beans.

Posts: 6587 | Registered: August 25, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
I stopped at Costco and grabbed a rotisserie chicken (still only $4.99!), we added mashed potatoes and steamed broccoli for an easy-peasy tasty dinner.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30545 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
petrale sole dredged in wheat flour and fried in butter (kerry gold of course). pan deglazed with a marmalade and lemon sauce with some spicy yuzu sauce drizzled in.

so, sole with a sweet and spicy citrus sauce.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I made Italian cheeseburgers. Good buns from the bakery toasted with butter and garlic powder on them. Ground chuck burger with fresh basil, Italian seasoning, salt/pepper and a lot of mozzarella in the burger meat, and finished with a sauce on top made with fresh basil, mayo and sour cream......they're AMAZING. Then fresh green beans in an olive oil/garlic/cider vinegar sauce, and garlic mashed potatoes. TGIF.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Baked Chili Mac from leftover chili I made a couple days ago.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Fourth of July dinner. Cucumber salad with first cucumber of the year, fresh baked garlic rolls, mac and cheese, and a ribeye marinated in garlic basil marinade.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Not dinner, but an appetizer before tonight's ramen, which y'all have seen before.

Wife made a trek to the Japanese market and scored a bunch of things she's been wanting, including Japanese eggplant and something we've been talking about recently, shishito peppers!!! Big Grin

I tossed these in a very hot pan with a very little bit of oil, until they were hot through and blistered.

They are delicious. Also, about every tenth one is surprisingly spicy, which makes it kind of fun, too.

That and, of course, they go really well with beer Wink

These didn't last very long at all.

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
yum! i guess it’s the season. i ate about a pound of shishito this week. i eat it the same way but sprinkle katsuobushi and drizzle sashimi shoyu.

if really fresh and crisp, i’ll eat it raw using ssamjang as a dip. aka or shiro miso, gochujang, minced garlic, sugar, vinegar, diced scallions, sesame oil, roasted sesame seeds.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A day late, and
a dollar short
Picture of Warhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:
Not dinner, but an appetizer before tonight's ramen, which y'all have seen before.

Wife made a trek to the Japanese market and scored a bunch of things she's been wanting, including Japanese eggplant and something we've been talking about recently, shishito peppers!!! Big Grin

I tossed these in a very hot pan with a very little bit of oil, until they were hot through and blistered.

They are delicious. Also, about every tenth one is surprisingly spicy, which makes it kind of fun, too.

That and, of course, they go really well with beer Wink

These didn't last very long at all.

Great pic of a super good looking pepper! Smile

Posts: 13668 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Many thanks, friend Smile

Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post
I grilled the meat, my wife cooked the veggies.

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7629 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Tonight, another go at the shishito peppers and also grated daikon radish with nameko mushrooms. Again, going well with beer, after a long thrash in the yard.

Main course was gyuudon (beef bowl), thinly sliced beef with shirataki noodles, onions, and pickled ginger, over rice. Light and also hearty.

Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post
Homemade Sweet and Sour pork. No pictures, sorry.

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post