SIGforum
What did you make for dinner?

This topic can be found at:
https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/7860051864

January 10, 2021, 09:52 PM
TomV
What did you make for dinner?
Did Roasted Leg of Lamb on the new Rec Teq Bullseye Grill with Lemon Garlic Potatoes, Roasted Cauliflower, Salsa Verde Garlic Bread and a nice Glass of Red Wine (Not Shown).

January 10, 2021, 11:19 PM
flashguy
Today? Broiled 3 hot dogs and the buns.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth
January 13, 2021, 09:45 AM
Skins2881
Rack of lamb cooked three times. 1 hour smoke, 1.5-1.75 hours sous vide, seared on the Weber to finish her off.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis
January 13, 2021, 03:53 PM
Leeann
That looks really good.

Now I'm hungry. Damnit.

Sig P226 .40 S&W
Sig SP2022 9mm
RIA 1911 Gov't .45
...and more
January 13, 2021, 03:55 PM
bald1
Okay Jesse! Enough is enough!

Want to fly you to flyover country so you can cook for us. Since no smoker or BBQ grills/eggs or sous vide immersion gizmos here you'll need to bring yours. We're plain ol' cast iron nut jobs with access to an oven, broiler, and air fryer. Big Grin
hehehehehehehehehehehehe

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192
January 13, 2021, 06:19 PM
BigSwede
Dang Skins, that looks heavenly

January 13, 2021, 07:16 PM
barndg00
Wish I’d gotten some pictures. On my off weeks, I do a lot of the cooking to give my wife a break.

Monday - Vietnamese Pho
Tuesday - Smoked Cuban Chicken Bombs (boneless chicken thigh with mustard, provolone, ham and pickles inside, wrapped in bacon, and smoked)
Tonight - Blackened Mahi Mahi tacos with homemade retried beans.
Tomorrow I’ll be making Spicy Honey Glazed Chicken thighs, got to figure out a side dish.
January 13, 2021, 09:11 PM
Outnumbered
Jesse, you just done broke the internet, dropped the mic, and walked off!!!
January 16, 2021, 06:13 AM
Skins2881
Half pound Wagyu burger topped with a healthy dose of bacon and an artery clogging amount Brie. No condiments needed, juiciest burger ever.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis
January 16, 2021, 07:55 PM
bald1
Maryland style crab cakes with lemon remoulade. Air fried potatoes, a salad, and a chunk of extra sharp cheddar cheese. Finished off with a fresh naval orange and a spot of Grand Mariner. Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192
January 16, 2021, 09:05 PM
coloradohunter44
I cooked one half of a silver salmon on the grill. It was seasoned with butter, brown sugar, a few other spices, and a bit of pancake syrup. Baked on the grill for 30 minutes. Very yummy!

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!
January 17, 2021, 01:04 AM
tatortodd
King Ranch Casserole and it was delicious. I like that it was the old-fashioned butter, flour, chicken stock, and heavy cream recipe rather than the cream of XXX soup versions. Did make a few substitutions:
  • 3.5 lbs of cubed boneless skinless chicken thighs instead of shredding a whole chicken
  • Since I had cubed chicken, went with more of a rustic cut on the veggies
  • baby bellas instead of button mushrooms
  • used a variety of green chiles - a huge store bought anaheim, a huge store bought poblano, and 4 small home grown poblanos that were cross pollinated with jalapenos (way spicier than a normal poblano).

• Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
    January 17, 2021, 08:38 AM
    Jimbo54
    That looks and sounds awesome tator. I love casseroles and could eat one 5 days a week. The leftovers are always better the next day as well.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird
    January 17, 2021, 09:10 AM
    tatortodd
    Thanks. I disagree with the article that I linked that it's the "Texas take on chicken à la king" but instead it's the Tex Mex version of lasagna. Corn tortillas instead of flat pasta, spicy cream sauce instead of marinara, and chicken instead of beef/sausage.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
    January 17, 2021, 07:16 PM
    RogueJSK
    Bacon, mushroom, and pepperoncini pepper pizza, using homemade sauce and homemade dough.

January 17, 2021, 08:14 PM
    bald1
    Mussel meat in a butter-garlic-wine-lemon sauce served with crusty bread. Big Grin

USN (RET), COTEP #192
    January 17, 2021, 08:34 PM
    Beancooker
    Smoked Mac and Cheese and a brisket. Getting the new recteq dialed in. This one came out fantastic!

quote:
    Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
    The “lol” thread
    January 17, 2021, 09:27 PM
    Redhookbklyn
    quote:
    Originally posted by Beancooker:
    Smoked Mac and Cheese and a brisket. Getting the new recteq dialed in. This one came out fantastic!

I believe you have it dialed in. That looks delicious.

“There is love in me the likes of which you’ve never seen. There is rage in me the likes of which should never escape."
    —Mary Shelley, Frankenstein

January 17, 2021, 10:08 PM
    mr kablammo
    Lakhsa Soup.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.
    January 17, 2021, 11:16 PM
    OKCGene
    Anybody have any tips or suggestions for a Tri-Tip?