SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What did you make for dinner?
Page 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... 119
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you make for dinner? Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Reverse seared NY Strips, taters, and asparagus.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20804 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Home made pot pie, mixed veggies, cream of mushroom soup, cut up boneless breast of chicken in the oven at 350 convection for about an hour...

Feeds me for two days.....

Posts: 23372 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
It's been awhile and with current events we retreated into a great meal

Thursday NY Strip dinner.

Preping with the steak rubbed in salt and left at room temp for almost 2 hours. Baby potato medley marinates in EVOO, salt, pepper, rosemary, and thyme. Garlic bulb anoited with EVOO, salt and pepper and wrapped tightly in foil for the air fryer.
Quarter used to show steak thickness.

Placed the garlic into the air fryer at 385℉ for 5 minutes and then added the potatoes for an additional 20.

Steak goes into the Stargazer cast iron pan for searing. Used EVOO and butter. Smile

One side nicely seared.

After flipping to sear the other side, removed the mushrooms when nicely browned. Finished the steak with a couple pats of butter with the heat off bringing it up to medium rare eating temperature.

It all comes together: steak, mushrooms, roasted garlic, fresh string beans, roasted potatoes, salad, and wine.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16179 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:

Nicely done!

And nicely implemented quarter!

Posts: 2267 | Location: San Francisco, CA | Registered: February 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EZ_B:
quote:

Nicely done!

And nice quarter!

My apologies. I should have given a tip of the hat to you as you are the quarter guru in these parts! LOL

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16179 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
My apologies. I should have given a tip of the hat to you as you are the quarter guru in these parts! LOL

No need to apologize. Just complimenting you on a very well presented meal. And I'm pleased to see that the legacy of the quarter lives on.

I've been getting lazy. Roasted a beautiful two rib Prime Rib of Beef a couple of nights ago for my son. It was insanely good, but I did not properly document it.

You have inspired me to bust out the camera once again.

I'm thinking Filet Roast next time.

Crappy cell phone photo of the Prime Rib:

Posts: 2267 | Location: San Francisco, CA | Registered: February 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
No photos, but tonight was Chicken Tikka Masala with naan and yogurt.

Pretty simple:
1) Buy some Naan bread and a jar of Tikka Masala sauce from Aldi.
2) Cut a couple chicken breasts into bite-sized chunks, and lightly salt and pepper the chicken
3) Dice some peppers and onions (I used red bell peppers, white onion, and green chiles)
4) Sautee the chicken and veggies with a tiny bit of oil in a high walled skillet until the chicken is lightly browned and the onions are golden (~5 minutes)
5) Add the jar of sauce to the skillet, and simmer on low for 15 minutes
6) Serve with oven-warmed naan and plain yogurt on the side.

(Also good over rice, but tonight I had a hankering for naan, and didn't really need extra carbs.)

Posts: 32489 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by EZ_B:
quote:

No need to apologize. Just complimenting you on a very well presented meal. And I'm pleased to see that the legacy of the quarter lives on.

You have inspired me to bust out the camera once again.

I'm thinking Filet Roast next time.

Thanks! Looking forward to your roast documentation. Smile Maybe when Para get's back he'll award you a cut of "Meat & Quarter Guru" Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

This thread of Jesse's has been fun and needed a kick start. Wink

This message has been edited. Last edited by: bald1,

USN (RET), COTEP #192

A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
No pichurz, but;

1 box Stove Stop Stuffing Chicken/bread

1 can of Rotel diced 'maters and Habenero (10 ozzy osbornes, not drained)

1 can of Premium white chicken breast chunks (12.5 ozzy osbornes, not drained)

1/4 cuppa water

Mix all together.

Make bottom layer (1/3 of mix) in 8" square baking dish, then 4 slices of Pepper Jack cheeze
Second layer (1/3 of mix), 4 more cheeses
Third layer (last of mix) "SAY CHEEZE ON MORE TIME!!!"

Bake at 400 hots for 1/2 hour.

It's easy, it's cheezy, it's spicy and it'll warm you up on a cold night.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43859 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
california
tumbles into the sea
posted Hide Post
Beef bone broth in the 7 quart crock pot. This will last me weeks. Filled two pint ball jars (and a coffee cup).

Posts: 10665 | Location: NV | Registered: July 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of OttoSig
posted Hide Post

Homemade everything except the tortillas, as i grabbed the store bought on top of the homemade.

Carne asada
Chismol (pico)
Green sauce that will put hair on your chest (75% green Gochu peppers)
Pickled onions and cabbage
Refried beans
Queso ( i suppose this is not handmade either, our fresh queso supply dried up when covid hit and family stopped flying to honduras monthly.

My wife said it tasted like a real carne plate she would get at home in Honduras. Im getting better.

11 years to retirement! Just waiting!

Posts: 6302 | Location: Maryland | Registered: August 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Made chili a couple days ago, so last night I dined on chili cheese burgers. Nothing fancy but was darn good.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20804 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Brazilian Moqueca per merica’s test kitchen. Delish and easy.

"The days are stacked against what we think we are." Jim Harrison

Posts: 1120 | Location: Ann Arbor | Registered: September 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by muzzleloader:

Had to look that one up. Looks very tasty! This despite not being able to see the full article as I'm not a subscriber. Frown

https://www.americastestkitche...nd-fish-stew-moqueca

USN (RET), COTEP #192

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by muzzleloader:

Had to look that one up. Looks very tasty! This despite not being able to see the full article as I'm not a subscriber. Frown

https://www.americastestkitche...nd-fish-stew-moqueca

Test Kitchen's subscription is a PITA and pricey. full video is on the Youtube. Yours looks mighty good bald1. I couldn't find the cherry peppers in anything but mild. will keep looking.

"The days are stacked against what we think we are." Jim Harrison

Posts: 1120 | Location: Ann Arbor | Registered: September 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Doing a little catch up..

Sous Vide sliced potato fries bagged with butter and garlic bits.

Fried up after Sous Fide in olive oil on range top.

Paired with Zucchini casserole which is butter, parmesean cheese and baked at 350, and NY Strip on Traeger

Posts: 23372 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Crockpot chili, Cincinnati Style over beans and spaghetti covered in shredded cheddar and Cholula Hot sauce. Forgot the chopped white onion so it's a 4 way this time...

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Spaghetti with garlic olive oil and onion sauce and chopped beef, home made garlic bread and a 2006 Bordeaux

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
NY Strip on the grill, corn from a bag.

Baked potato smothered in butter and Miracle blend seasoning before cooking, wrapped in foil and cooked on the grill for an hour, filled with lotsa butter and sour cream fresh ground pepper and salt.

Lest you question the sauce, it's Peter Lugers Steakhouse sauce, which I get in the mood for from time to time.

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
One of the two turkeys smoked for Turkey Day, two 13-14 pounders vs a big ol honking 20 pounder..

I take the Good Shit seasoning, mix in with soft butter, make up a seasoning paste, rub it under the skin and then coat the outside with the butter seasoning mix. Didn't brine this year.

Cooked both to 165 internal, rested 15 minutes and carved the first bird, everyone cleared that platter so got into bird 2.

Barely had a plate of it left for a sammich on white bread later...