SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What did you make for dinner?
Page 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 119
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you make for dinner? Login/Join 
Picture of Ken226
posted Hide Post
Smoked brisket, pork shoulder and ribs.

The expression on my cooking partners face, in the background of the pic below deserves a caption. He's pretty intensely focused.

Check out that smoke ring!

Posts: 1563 | Location: WA | Registered: December 23, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Damn Ken226, looks good, nice protection!

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by erj_pilot:

The only variation I did to this recipe was to whisk together the soup, gravy mix, spices, and water in a bowl and THEN poured it over the chicken...makes for a smoother gravy because the soup won't be lumpy. I also serve with rice (ala Alton Brown's method) instead of mashed potatoes because my mashed potatoes are LOADED with butter...too much fat.

Made this again tonight, damn good for an easy meal.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
WOW!

Looks delicious!!!

Big Grin

Would like to try to make one, someday.

We've been going through maters like mad, lately too.

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I've got 2 extremely thick pork chops cooking right now. I seasoned one with Bad Byrons and the other with Head Country.

For a side, I have homemade cucumber vinegar salad. It goes great with pork.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23220 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Shrimp and Grouper pan seared, with red and black beans and rice (GOYA), with a Caribbean flair.

Seasoning 2tbsp celery salt, 1tbsp brown sugar, 1/2 tbsp ginger, pepper mix, onion and garlic powder, cumin, ground chilies (habanero, jalapeno, datl, cayenne, tobacco chilies) power, cinnamon, ground cloves, 3/4tbsp of smoked paprika, small pinch of nutmeg.

And a simple garden salad. I forgot to take pictures, and by time I did it was mostly gone!

ARman

Posts: 3151 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
Fried rice with pork.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53121 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
My wife’s 50th birthday is this Wednesday. She wants Cioppino for dinner. I had to look it up to see what it is; basically a seafood stew with clams, muscles, shrimp, scallops, etc.

I love seafood, but not really shellfish although I will make what she wants. I plan to make something close to this with some modifications: https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/12816/cioppino/

I would appreciate any input, recipes, or suggestions.

Skins - here is where you come in. It says to serve with a warm crusty bread that I would like to make from scratch. I see you having some great bread like that with your meals. Any easy recipes to suggest. I do have a bread maker if I need it.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Brat Wurst
Kraut
Mashed potatoes
Cantaloupe
Watermelon
A Mint afterward.

NRA Life Endowment member
Tri-State Gun collectors Life Member

Posts: 2794 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 18, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Lemon dill crusted Alaskan sockeye salmon
Mashed potatoes
Peas
Romaine and English cucumber salad
Nice chilled white wine

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16192 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
A little cajun cod, linguine, and seasoned collards.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7070 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Tonight I made baked Steelhead Trout with mashed cauliflower, which tasted just as good as mashed potatoes!

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Steak sammies.

Yesterday, I picked up a big chunk of eye of round, I sliced it thin, seasoned with a little bit of Goya Adobo, Slap yo mama, Greek seasoning, and a dash of old bay.

I sliced up some poblanos chilies, fried it all up and with the juices made a gravy, and melted some American cheese on top. Put it on a Ciabatta and topped with a little horseradish sauce.

Served with some home drys.

ARman

Posts: 3151 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I cooked a 3.5 lb chuck roast like a brisket on the BGE tonight. Oak lump with pecan smoking wood. Followed Harry Soos hot n fast brisket method (dalmation rub, 400F cook temp, indirect cooking, done when temp was 206ish and probed tender).

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23220 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
OK, I’m ready to break my fast now. Let the dinner invitations begin. Tater, I believe you live within driving distance. Big Grin

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
Watermelon, peaches and cantaloupe not pictured.

Posts: 4695 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Eggs made with sweet onion, multicolored bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, and cheese topped with Costa Rica's famous Lizano Salsa. Smile

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16192 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Thick chicken breast marinaded in teriyaki, pineapple, and lemon. Baked to 162F and served at 165F. Juicy and very tasty. Side of spaghetti marinara.

I'm an old fart living alone, fighting health issues, and endeavoring to enjoy some of life's basic joys. Big Grin

USN (RET), COTEP #192

Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Hey Bob!

That looks very comforting and tasty.

Good on you!!! Big Grin

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by h2oys:
the only thing I’m good at is the grill. So I present a 1.38lb angus ribeye my wife and I shared tonight. Cooked to 135 degrees.

Posts: 3718 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post