SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What did you make for dinner?
Page 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 119
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you make for dinner? Login/Join 
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Easy dinner last night. Ribeyes Sous Vided at 134.5 for 90 minutes then seared on Weber, bagged Cesar salad, Suddenly Salad (awesome easy side if you've never had it), and some garlic knots.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20821 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ugly Bag of
Mostly Water
Picture of ridgerat
posted Hide Post
Peanut butter and mayonnaise sammich. Bourbon BBQ chips and a caffeine-free Coke Zero.

Endowment Life Member, NRA • Member, Gun Owners of America & Member, Arizona Citizens Defense League

Posts: 2840 | Location: Marana, AZ | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Mixed seafood Ceviche. With scallops, shrimp and Red Snapper.

Nice toasted white corn tortillas and a slice of avocado. Delicioso!

https://www.flickr.com/photos/...n/dateposted-public/

The perfect meal for a hot day....

ARman

Posts: 3151 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
We didn't exactly make it. Costco enchilada bake with rotisserie chicken. Still cookin' as I write.

I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bread to the wise, nor yet riches to men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill; but time and chance happeneth to them all. -Ecclesiastes 9:11

Posts: 7254 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
Shrimp with tomatoes, feta and Kalamata olives. Oregano goes in while the tomatoes cook, then the shrimp and olives. Finish with fresh basil, the feta and Parmesan at the end. Served over rice.

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 83v45magna:
We didn't exactly make it. Costco enchilada bake with rotisserie chicken. Still cookin' as I write.

I'll have to try that. I really like their stuffed bell peppers, I get those at least once a week, sometimes twice a week.

Posts: 11840 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Grilled salmon with sweet potato fries from the air fryer, and a small salad. A splash of El Tesoro blanco?

Posts: 13255 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post

DEC_3251
by David Casteel, on Flickr
My "canned" beef stew (2nd meal). One 12oz can Hereford roast beef with gravy, one small can whole kernal corn, one large Popeye's green beans. Makes 2 servings for me. Yumm!

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Late brunch. Egg fried in the middle of an everything bagel with melted four cheese cheddar and some bacon.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20821 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Had a bad night and didn't roll out of bed until after 2pm. Not sure what you'd call a dinner mixed with a brunch, but whatever....

No pics. Sorry.

--6 oz flat iron steak prepped with beancooker's custom seasoning quick grilled in hot cast iron. Finished with a touch of Fleur de Sel
--Air fryer roasted seasoned baby potatoes.
--Two eggs beaten and poured over sauteed onions and a variety of colored bell peppers, topped with diced tomatoes and cheese. Served with Lizano Salza.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16208 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
BBQ ribs, baked beans, and corn on the cob.

Ribs were seasoned with kosher salt, Clancys seasoning, and marinated in white vinegar for a few hours.

Grilled bone down, then seared on the meat side, basted with Sweet Baby Rays. Finished cooking indirectly with soaked fresh cherry tree chunks mixed in the charcoal to add some smoky flavor.

Posts: 3723 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
My wife takes a pile of chicken breasts and puts them in the Crock-Pot with a packet of ranch dressing mix, stick of butter, chicken broth, and half a bottle each of sliced banana peppers and jalapenos with their juice. Let it cook half the day and shred. She then makes cilantro lime rice. Makes awesome burritos!

Posts: 1812 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Okay so this wasn’t dinner, but it is what I made for lunch yesterday. My mom gave me one of her homegrown tomatoes from her garden and they taste so amazing. Of course I had to make a BLT and it was so dang good!!!!!!!

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
I bought a Tri-Tip steak a few days ago.

Yesterday I put it in a glass dish, added a 8 ounce can of pineapple juice and worstershire sauce and let it marinade in the fridge for awhile.

I cooked it on the charcoal grill til 135 degrees, then pulled it off and ate it.

I've never had a Tri Tip before but it won't be the last, it was really good, and a relatively good bargain at $10 a pound.

Sorry, no pics.

Posts: 11840 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
My wife is on a diet where nothing can be made with any type of oil; it is a pain to cook for. Tonight I made halibut and kale. I made garlic toast for myself since I can have that.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
quote:
Okay so this wasn’t dinner, but it is what I made for lunch yesterday. My mom gave me one of her homegrown tomatoes from her garden and they taste so amazing. Of course I had to make a BLT and it was so dang good!!!!!!!

Man I can't wait for my tomatoes, biggest one is half dollar sized. Got a few more weeks to go. First tomato meal will BLT plus mayo, cheese, and onion.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

posted Hide Post
Sat out on the deck with a light breeze and 78 degrees. We made a sliced veggie tray with store bought roasted garlic hummus. Cut up some cheese and assorted fruit. Cold Barefoot Riesling wine. Crusty artisan bread with butter. So easy.

An idyllic night in N.W. Montana.

Posts: 1196 | Location: Moved to N.W. MT. | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Tonight, my wife wanted tempura. Specifically, she wanted Japanese eggplant tempura, but there were none left at the Japanese market Frown

Regardless, she made lotus root, Japanese sweet potato, shiitake, kabocha pumpkin, and carrot tempura. It turned out marvelously! Big Grin

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://flic.kr/p/2jcVm6y

Snapper and Shrimp Tacos.
Green and Red cabbage.
pico de gallo, fresh tomatoes, Jalapenos, cilantro, onion and lime juice.
Fish taco sauce, mayonnaise, sour cream, small splash of lime juice, garlic and onion powder, hot sauce, white pepper, and salt. A small pinch of chipotle powder.
Slice of avocado on top (which I forgot for the pictures)

Snapper and Shrimp pan fried in a touch of olive oil.
Before cooking, covered in garlic butter, then chipotle powder, garlic and onion powder, hot chilie powder of my own blend. Salt and pepper, and cumin.

After sitting covered with seasoning to room temperature, cook until done.

Sides, black beans and chilies, and refried beans with seasoned white rice.

Actually, tonight was a rerun of last night. I made it last night, but had enough for tonight, which I'm not complaining. Hey, it's seafood Tacos!

ARman

Posts: 3151 | Registered: May 19, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:

Tonight, my wife wanted tempura. Specifically, she wanted Japanese eggplant tempura, but there were none left at the Japanese market Frown

Regardless, she made lotus root, Japanese sweet potato, shiitake, kabocha pumpkin, and carrot tempura. It turned out marvelously! Big Grin
I need directions to your house. ARman's, too. Wink

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30663 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post