https://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/320601935/m/7860051864

May 08, 2020, 09:02 AM
BigSwede
What did you make for dinner?
^^^ Wow! Looks amazing

May 08, 2020, 09:51 AM
lizardman_u
Baked chicken thighs.

Placed a family pack of chicken thighs (bone in , skin on) skin side down in my 17 inch cast iron pan.

baked at 350 for 1 hour 55 minutes.

spiced with Ginger, yellow curry, cumin, and nutmeg.

Tasty morsels they were.

May 08, 2020, 09:59 AM
Skins2881
I forget how good chicken thighs are sometimes. Only time I eat them is when wife makes Chicken Adobo (philipino food). It's so good, then I say to myself I am going to make some thighs, but never do. Then she makes it again, and the cycle starts all over again.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis
May 08, 2020, 10:23 AM
Jimbo54
My wife made homemade chicken noodle soup yesterday and she makes her own noodles from scratch. Her noodles are so much better than store bought that I'm permanently spoiled by them.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird
May 08, 2020, 06:02 PM
lizardman_u
quote:
Originally posted by Skins2881:
I forget how good chicken thighs are sometimes. Only time I eat them is when wife makes Chicken Adobo (philipino food). It's so good, then I say to myself I am going to make some thighs, but never do. Then she makes it again, and the cycle starts all over again.

I love adobo, pandesol (spelling?), pansit, dineguan (spelling? blood pudding and pig entrails... tastes like chili).

But then I was there in the late 1980s and early 90s for a week or two here and there while the carrier was being re-supplied.

May 08, 2020, 06:29 PM
Skins2881
quote:
Originally posted by lizardman_u:

I love adobo, pandesol (spelling?), pansit, dineguan (spelling? blood pudding and pig entrails... tastes like chili).

But then I was there in the late 1980s and early 90s for a week or two here and there while the carrier was being re-supplied.

Luckily her family doesn't make that intestines thing. Pancit Canton is one of my favorites though. Wifey makes awesome Lumpia too.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis
May 11, 2020, 10:37 PM
Skins2881
Got a tenderloin Sunday. Trimmed it up into filet mignon. Took the tail, scrapes and whatever the extra muscle is at the butt and cut it into strips for fajita burittos. Came out good, wife loved it, needed a little more toughness to it I thought, fajita meat isn't supposed to melt in your mouth, but I guess that's a minor complaint.

Inside burittos - steak, veggies, sour cream, Mexican cheese blend, guacamole. Served with Mexican rice and refried beans.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis
May 13, 2020, 10:52 PM
parallel
Softball practice is back, sooooooooooo....

Pork chops and stuffing in the crock pot... easy and delicious. By the way, that dinner fueled my girl while she was blasting 58 of 60 balls pitched at at least 45 MPH (some much faster) from a pitching machine at practice tonight. Looks like she had some pent up energy. Cool

A penny saved is a government oversight.
May 13, 2020, 10:57 PM
tatortodd
Keto stuffed peppers. More or less the recipe I learned from Mom, but used grated zucchini in lieu of rice.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
May 13, 2020, 11:53 PM
Skins2881
parallel, looks yummy.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis
May 14, 2020, 01:11 AM
Skins2881
Easy but good dinner. Sockeye Salmon, jarred Alfredo sauce (+ S&P and extra parm), and some bread sticks. Quick and easy, but still very good.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis
May 16, 2020, 12:23 AM
parallel
quote:
parallel, looks yummy.

Thanks, it was. I just heated up the leftovers for a midnight snack overkill... I'll pay for that when I hit the rack. Big Grin

A penny saved is a government oversight.
May 16, 2020, 12:52 AM
ARman
Home made potato soup. Potatoes of course, with celery, carrots finely chopped and sauted in bacon fat ,and a roux with butter and fat from the bacon. Cooked potatoes in a couple of cups of chicken broth, combine everything, add 2 cans of condensed milk, a cup or so of heavy cream. An 8oz package of cubed ham. The bacon. Then add a mixture of cheese. Provolone, gouda and a small bit of Mexican cheese mix.

A good bit of Greek seasoning, salt pepper and a dash of "Slap your mama".

Delicious! My niece loves potato soup and she thanks mine is the best.

ARman
May 16, 2020, 06:04 AM
Hay2bale
Marie Callender's Chicken Pot Pie.

I don't cook. I don't want to cook. I want to go to a freaking restaurant. King Ralph put our county on lockdown for another two weeks. Grrrr.

----------------------------------------------------
Dances with Crabgrass
May 16, 2020, 09:04 PM
h2oys
Combo post...

Andechs Helles, 2 ribeyes, and a 229 in .357 for protection.

May 16, 2020, 09:11 PM
Skins2881
Personally, I like mine just a little more well done.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis
May 16, 2020, 09:12 PM
h2oys
quote:
Personally, I like mine just a little more well done.

Smile
May 16, 2020, 11:48 PM
ifithitu
Two Chili dogs and a bag of chips.
May 16, 2020, 11:50 PM
V-Tail
quote:
Originally posted by ifithitu:

Two Chili dogs and a bag of chips.
Protection?

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים
May 17, 2020, 12:02 AM
Beancooker
Cheesey poofs and roasted, salted pistachios.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum: You must have your pants custom tailored to fit your massive balls.
The “lol” thread