SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    What did you make for dinner?
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 119
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

What did you make for dinner? Login/Join 
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
Took some leftover pulled pork from a pork butt I smoked earlier in the week, and some canned foods I had in the pantry, and cobbled together some posole-style Pork Verde Stew for dinner tonight.

A few cups of chicken broth, a pound or so of pulled pork, and a can each of salsa verde, green peppers, white hominy, black eyed peas, and diced tomatoes, plus some cumin, chili powder, and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 10ish minutes.

Pretty dang tasty.

(Would have been even better with some sour cream and cilantro on top, but not worth heading to the grocery store just for that.)

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
Raviolis with old family recipe made-from-scratch sauce along with meatballs, hot Italian sausage and a good loaf of Italian bread.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16509 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Grilled outer skirt steak, roasted red potatoes and carrots, bottle of Bedrock zinfandel.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16676 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
Looks delicious!!!

Big Grin

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
Tonight I made my famous hamburgers on the GBE. My wife is on a low carb diet so we had the patties with cheese on top, sliced tomatoes, sliced red onion, sliced avocado, and a pickle spear. It was very good.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
That poor man's prime rib is mighty tasty. I'll be doing it again for sure.

Taco night for me fellows. Tacos don't get pictures, but delish. I only wonder why it too so long for someone to figure out putting a flat bottom.on a taco shell? Makes it so much easier to load up.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Chicken, baked potatoes with sour cream and fresh chives, and I tried a recipe for maple roasted Brussels sprouts with bacon:

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Love roasted Brussels sprouts. I make mine with shallots, BS, cauliflower, garlic, and BACON. No maple stuff though.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
What did you make for dinner?

A trip to the "Pizza Pizza" palace for "$5 ready to stuff in my pie hole, cuz I had stuff to do" pie.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43867 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bobandmikako
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ersatzknarf:

That looks great!

十人十色

Posts: 2103 | Location: Semmes, Alabama | Registered: June 15, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AnimalMother88
posted Hide Post
I have fond memories of the "Protection" threads that used to float around here. Haven't seen one in a while...

Posts: 1338 | Location: Indy | Registered: January 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
We made a phone call to our favorite local Asian restaurant for take out sushi and ginger shrimp.

Hoping they weather this storm and stay open.

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Victim of Life's
Circumstances
Picture of doublesharp
posted Hide Post
pinto beans and cornbread

Posts: 4695 | Location: Sunnyside of Louisville | Registered: July 04, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by AnimalMother88:
I have fond memories of the "Protection" threads that used to float around here. Haven't seen one in a while...

They're still posted all the time. At least one or two a week.

There was one just yesterday, in fact:

https://sigforum.com/eve/forums...0601935/m/4670090964

Posts: 32494 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of ersatzknarf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bobandmikako:

That looks great!

Thanks! Big Grin

Put the recipe on the previous page Wink

Posts: 4917 | Registered: June 06, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Tonight will be a nice thick rib-eye done on the grill to med-rare. A Baked spud with the fixins, and Southern butter beans with bacon(of course). A piece of white Pita bread, and Southern Blackberry Cobbler ice cream for dessert !!!

Posts: 6613 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Fired up the BGE about 15 minutes ago to do some nice ribeyes, wife is working on baked potatoes and broccoli.

"Once abolish the God, and the Government becomes the God." --- G.K. Chesterton

Posts: 3856 | Location: WNY | Registered: April 11, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Slayer of Agapanthus

posted Hide Post
Salmon-fennel chowder last night. That was leftovers from the night before. Its really true that leftovers can taste better after the flavors meld.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye". The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery, pilot and author, lost on mission, July 1944, Med Theatre.

Posts: 5963 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: September 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Son of a son
of a Sailor
Picture of wxdave
posted Hide Post
Tonight, a simple Caesar salad:

Homemade dressing
Romaine lettuce
shaved parmigiano-reggiano
Sauteed shrimp
garlic croutons

It was fantastic!

--------------------------------------------
Floridian by birth, Seminole by the grace of God

Posts: 985 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: May 20, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
Baked salmon and some tiny taters.

Posts: 17881 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post