SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Interview Protocol Question (Job update page 2)
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Interview Protocol Question (Job update page 2) Login/Join 
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chongosuerte:
I think a note to the ones you met with would be warranted.

OTOH, unless you’ve spoken to the big boss directly already, I wouldn’t send him anything. If I was a big boss dealing with my mother’s death, a letter from an applicant I’d never met that knew my mom had died would probably piss me off.

Ding!...ding!...ding!

Thanks Chongo et'al. I sent the 7 notes to the execs I met with, and since I have never met the President, am going to let him grieve in peace.

As always, thank you Sig Forum.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would not send the President anything on a personal scale - you don't know him and he doesn't know you.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
-Update -

1 phone interview

1 in person interview

A dopey personality profile quiz

Flying from MN to New Jersey for seven 1 hour interviews with every VP and director they have

Writing out 7 individual and customized thank you notes

And then providing 3 references that they actually called and grilled....

The Hiring Manager just texted me and asked me to block out 2pm to 4pm tomorrow afternoon for a call he was very much looking forward to making....

Fingers crossed that the financial package is in the ball bark of what we discussed...

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Ronin1069,

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12320 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ronin1069:
Yesterday I spent the day in Jersey (they flew me in) for final interviews with a company.

I am sending handwritten "Thank You" notes to the 7 people I met with yesterday, including the assistant I was working with the past two weeks.

Question - I was supposed to meet with the President of the company but he had to cancel at the last minute because his mom died.

Do I send him a note acknowledging that I regret missing the opportunity of meeting with him and offer my sympathies regarding the death of his mom?

--

No to the president, yes to everybody else. I was flown into Salt Lake City on Tuesday for an interview and am writing notes tonight.

Posts: 8711 | Registered: January 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
“I’m very sorry for you loss and look forward to meeting you next time”

It’s just a kind thing to do in my opinion.

Or if you are already coming from a NJ point of view switch ‘meeting’ to ‘working with’ Big Grin. Just kidding.

Posts: 12918 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
quote:
-Update -

1 phone interview

1 in person interview

Flying from MN to New Jersey for seven 1 hour interviews with every VP and director they have

The Hiring Manager just texted me and asked me to block out 2pm to 4pm tomorrow afternoon for a call he was very much looking forward to making....

Fingers crossed that the financial package is in the ball bark of what we discussed...

Woo! Best of luck! You deserve a win!

Posts: 12918 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TigerDore
posted Hide Post
quote:
-Update -

1 phone interview

1 in person interview

That sounds strong! Hoping you get the offer you want.

Posts: 8615 | Registered: September 26, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
No to the president and yes to everyone you met with. Best of luck with your phone call tomorrow.

Posts: 3448 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unapologetic Old
School Curmudgeon
Picture of Lord Vaalic
posted Hide Post
Good luck!

Don't weep for the stupid, or you will be crying all day

Posts: 10722 | Location: TN | Registered: December 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I used to do interviews for the Sheriff's Office. If you took the time to send a note, bonus points. If you spelled my name incorrectly, you weren't paying attention and you moved down the list.

Posts: 7017 | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
…and scene!

After all of the above, the offer has been extended and I have accepted. A good day today!

Back to work February 19th.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

posted Hide Post
quote:
…and scene!

After all of the above, the offer has been extended and I have accepted. A good day today!

Congrats!!

------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cogito Ergo Sum
posted Hide Post
Congratulations!

Posts: 5694 | Registered: August 01, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of qcsmitty
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by thezoltar:
Thank you notes in general show that you are engaged in the process one step further than some others. They don't necessarily have to be hand written, an email would suffice these days. If you interviewed with an old coot like me, a follow up thank you is a nice touch. Younger bosses don't always have the same work culture but I don't think a thank you would hurt. Only send them to people you actually spoke with.

^^^
This

As to the President, nope.

Posts: 3778 | Location: Charlotte, NC | Registered: May 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of mark60
posted Hide Post
Congrats and best of luck on the new job.

Posts: 3448 | Location: God Awful New York | Registered: July 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Congrats Ronin! Best of luck in your new job.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20815 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I'm not laughing
WITH you
Picture of Rolan_Kraps
posted Hide Post
quote:
…and scene!

Congratulations! I hope it doesn't require moving to NJ.

Rolan Kraps
SASS Regulator
Gainesville, Georgia.
NRA Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Instructor - Pistol / Personal Protection Inside the Home

Posts: 23577 | Location: Gainesville, GA | Registered: October 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Congratulations! I hope it doesn't require moving to NJ.

Nope, that's their HQ. I'll office from home!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
Whoo hoo! Go get 'em, dude!

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30647 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Giftedly Outspoken
Picture of sigarms229
posted Hide Post
Congratulations Ronin! Nice to hear about a win for the good guys!!

Sometimes, you gotta roll the hard six

Posts: 4521 | Location: SouthCentral PA | Registered: December 05, 1999Reply With QuoteReport This Post