SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The 2019-2020 Big Ten football thread - IU's Bowl on Pg 21
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 22
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The 2019-2020 Big Ten football thread - IU's Bowl on Pg 21 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
Get a summary of the Florida Atlantic Owls vs. Ohio State Buckeyes football game https://www.espn.com/college-f...ame?gameId=401112251
via @ESPN App http://espn.com/app

Should have never got to 21 points by FAU.
Defense is gonna be the weak point again this year IMO.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Big Ten power ratings were released this week and Purdue is 14th (aka lower than Rutgers). Frown

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23102 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
Badgers only at #5.
Room for improvement.

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tatortodd:
Big Ten power ratings were released this week and Purdue is 14th (aka lower than Rutgers). Frown

It should be Wisconsin, USF is a good team and they handled them easily. I don’t think anyone played a better Group of 5 team.

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
As with past years, I only make non-conference predictions on non-creampuff games and games that interest me (e.g. Purdue). Feel free to make your own predictions if I don't mention your favorite Big Ten team.

Week 2 Predictions (all times Central time):
  • Rutgers at #20 Iowa @ 11:00 on FS1 - the Hawkeyes are 17.5 to 19.5 point favorites depending on which odds service you believe. It's not that interesting of a game, but it is the first Big Ten head to head match-up of the season. IA wins and covers thanks to perennial starter Nate Stanley putting on a passing clinic.
  • #21 Syracuse at Maryland @ 11:00 on ESPN - the Terps are 1 to 1.5 point favorites depending on which odds service you believe. MD wins and covers.
  • Vanderbilt at Purdue @ 11:00 on BTN - my Boilermakers are 6.5 to 7.5 point favorites depending on which odds service you believe. It's the battle of the bottom-tier in the two premier conferences in the country. Going off one game statistics is dicey, but Purdue can't play defense and Vanderbilt can't play offense so that'll be interesting. I'm predicting a 3 hour episode of Purdue defense induced tourrette's at the TatorTodd compound. Fortunately, Purdue's offense will save the day and we'll win and cover.
  • #25 Nebraska at Colorado @ 2:30 on FOX - the Cornhuskers are 3.5 to 4.5 point favorites depending on which odds service you believe. I don't know much about CO so I'm predicting the NE win without covering.

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
  •  
    Posts: 23102 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Bad dog!
    Picture of justjoe
    posted Hide Post
    Michigan will beat Army, but it will be much closer than it should be if Michigan were the team it's supposed to be (but never is). Army might even end the first half ahead.

This is what I see happening: Although he has a new offensive coordinator, Harbaugh will try to play his 1950s style of football. It won't work, and by the second half the new coordinator, Josh Gattis, (who is coming from U of Alabama), will open the game up.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: justjoe,

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of Shaql
    posted Hide Post
    How's your tourettes now?

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
    Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
    Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6845 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Bad dog!
    Picture of justjoe
    posted Hide Post
    Halftime, and Army leads Michigan 14-7.

Michigan does have a new offence, but their problem has been fumbles and penalties. And a weak defence.

I think Michigan will win-- but IF and only IF they can stop Army's "ball control" 3 yards and a cloud of dust offence. Their defence already looks tired.

One thing is for sure-- this is not a #7 team. Big surprise there. Roll Eyes

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Bad dog!
    Picture of justjoe
    posted Hide Post
    Tune in to the Michigan-Army game: it is going into overtime!

posted Hide Post
    Go Army!!

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Bookers Bourbon
    and a good cigar
    Picture of Johnny 3eagles
    posted Hide Post
    If Army had a field goal kicker Frown

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
    Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
    You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7120 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Drill Here, Drill Now
    Picture of tatortodd
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Shaql:
    How's your tourettes now?
    It got much better after half-time. A little flare up early in the 4th when they put in a soft zone defense (flashback to blowing the lead last week).

Bad dog!
    Picture of justjoe
    posted Hide Post
    Michigan wins by a field goal in overtime 2.

In a word, Michigan looked awful.

Their offence was pathetic. Their defence won it for them by stripping the Army quarterback and recovering the fumble.

Fool for the City
    Picture of MRMATT
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by justjoe:

Their offence was pathetic. Their defence won it for them by stripping the Army quarterback and recovering the fumble.

And, yet, the pollsters will still rank them in the top ten.

"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." George Washington.

Posts: 5292 | Location: Pottstown, PA | Registered: April 26, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Bad dog!
    Picture of justjoe
    posted Hide Post
    ^^^ Yes. And the truth is the team on the field today does not belong in the top 25.

Drill Here, Drill Now
    Picture of tatortodd
    posted Hide Post
    Watch Nebraska on Fox right now. Tied up with under a minute to go.

Resident Undertaker
    Picture of BigCity
    posted Hide Post
    Think Maryland might crack the top 25 in the rankings this week.

Of course, every time they do, they lose....

John

The key to enforcement is to punish the violator, not an inanimate object. The punishment of inanimate objects for the commission of a crime or carelessness is an affront to stupidity.

Posts: 1727 | Location: People's Republik of Maryland | Registered: November 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of PowerSurge
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by justjoe:

Nor the defense. They gave up way too many points to Army.

———————————————
    The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of Shaql
    posted Hide Post
    Rondale is an amazing athlete. His yards after catch are what will make him a lot of money at the next level. He is going to redefine the slot receiver role.

Not a huge fan of Sindelar. Never was. He's got a hell of an arm when he steps into a pass but his decision making is poor for a senior.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
    Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
    Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6845 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    justjoe- as a U-M alum, I watched the game with a few former U-M football players. They were very angry at the utterly disasterous and the pathetically poor performance of the team. They blamed #2, Patterson the QB, but they laid the fault squarely on the shoulders of Harbaugh. I think he should concentrate on the basics of football, instead of taking the whole team on exotic trips to Rome, to the Normandy Beaches etc. As a former letterman at Michigan, I am also angry to see the Michigan eam playing like a bunch of 10 year old kids playing a Pop Warner football game.

BTW, a few defensive players played with heart throughout the game, they were the only bright spot in Michigan's dark day.

If you think you can, YOU WILL!!!!!

Posts: 3833 | Location: Wolverine-Land!!!! | Registered: August 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post