SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The 2019-2020 Big Ten football thread - IU's Bowl on Pg 21
Page 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 22
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The 2019-2020 Big Ten football thread - IU's Bowl on Pg 21 Login/Join 
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
I watched it a few times, and agree it looked like helmet to helmet. If he would've laid there a while, instead of popping back up so fast, they may have reviewed it.

The refs missed a few calls:
The chintzy pass interference call in the end zone didn't deserve a call as they had allowed worse throughout the game, and the missed illegal formation on the TD come to mind.

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
BOOM!

1- LSU
2- OSU
3- Clemson
4- OU

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hobbs:
SEC fan, but of course I watched the BIG championship game.

Last play of the game and no one at the time on TV nor in this thread have mentioned that Ohio State no.41 "Targeted" the Wisconsin QB. One reason why the hit looked so big. Crown of 41's helmet to the head of Wisconsin QB. Should have been called or at least reviewed. It was obvious, intentional and vicious. IMO

Link to original video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqCOXtvi-EE

Completely agree. Then he proceeds to act like a total thug. NCAA ought to let him sit out first half of the next game.

Posts: 1950 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Dances With
Tornados
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^ Another Future member of the National Felony League.

Posts: 11812 | Registered: October 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thug ball.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Powers77:
Completely agree. Then he proceeds to act like a total thug. NCAA ought to let him sit out first half of the next game.
I expected WI to get another play after a targeting call, but of course the refs did nothing.

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
All 9 bowl eligible Big Ten teams were given a bowl.

2019-2020 Big Ten Bowl Schedule (all times Central time zone):
  • Dec 27 - MSU vs Wake Forest at 2:20 on ESPN in NYC for the Pinstripe Bowl
  • Dec 27 - #22 USC vs #16 IA at 7:00 on FS2 in San Diego for the Holiday Bowl
  • Dec 28 - #18 Mogadishu on the Mississippi vs #10 PSU at 11:00 on ESPN in Arlington, TX, for the Cotton Bowl. This is the nicest football stadium I've ever seen. If you're on the fence on going then I highly recommend it. I went 2 years ago and was in awe plus had a blast.
  • Dec 28 - #3 Clemson vs #2 tOSU at 7:00 on ESPN in Glendale, AZ, for the Fiesta Bowl (aka one this year's semi-final playoff bowls)
  • Dec 30 - Cal vs IL at 3:00 on FOX in Santa Clara, CA, for the Redbox Bowl. Pretty much a home game for Cal since it's about 45 miles from Berzerkly.
  • Jan 1 - #18 MN vs #12 Auburn at noon on ESPN in Tampa, FL, for the Outback Bowl
  • Jan 1 - #14 UofM vs #13 Alabama at noon on ABC in Orlando, FL, for the Citrus Bowl
  • Jan 1 - #6 Oregon vs #8 WI at 4:00 on ESPN in Pasadena, CA, for the grand daddy of them all (i.e. the Rose Bowl)
  • Jan 2 - IU vs TN at 6:00 on ESPN in Jacksonville, FL, for the Gator Bowl

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
  •  
    Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Moving cash
    for money
    posted Hide Post
    Well looks like my Wolverines will start 2020 with a loss.

"When in danger or in doubt, run in circles scream and shout" R.I.P. R.A.H.
    Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga Ooga Chakka Hooga Hooga
    NRA Basic Rifle Instructor
    Red Cross First Aid/CPR/AED Adult/Child/Infant Instructor
    Red Cross Wilderness First Aid Instructor

Posts: 9912 | Location: Jawjah | Registered: December 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of PowerSurge
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by detroit192:

Yep. Saban’s pissed. And he’s gonna take it out on TTUN.

———————————————
    The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    quote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I am not so sure. Bama is not what it was. Michigan is extremely inconsistent, but Saban will be up for this game. A former MSU coach he has little fondness for the Wolverines.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Membership has its privileges
    Picture of P-220
    posted Hide Post
    As a Wolverine fan since the 1970's and an Alabama fan for the last 9 years (my children both graduated from Alabama), this is one I will watch with great enthusiasm.

Roll Tide, or Go Blue?

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Drill Here, Drill Now
    Picture of tatortodd
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
    quote:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    I am not so sure. Bama is not what it was. Michigan is extremely inconsistent, but Saban will be up for this game. A former MSU coach he has little fondness for the Wolverines.
    Pulling off the win would be a helluva recruiting tool for UofM

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    Looks like some good games. I always enjoy your posts Tator Todd!!! I know we have talked about Iowa State before and I know it is a Big 10 not a Big 12 thread but, I think the Iowa State Notre Dame bowl game will be a good one to watch.

Posts: 4022 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Facts are stubborn things
    Picture of armedprof
    posted Hide Post
    I usually begrudgingly root for TTUN in the bowl game. This year will be different. I will enthusiastically root for Alabama to lose...

I am looking forward to a bunch of those games. Some good matchups.

So sad to see College football coming to an end again.

Thanks TaterTodd for running this thread every year. I always enjoy it.

Do, Or do not. There is no try.

Posts: 1786 | Location: Just South of Charlotte, NC | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Drill Here, Drill Now
    Picture of tatortodd
    posted Hide Post
    Big Ten Bowl season starts today:
  • Dec 27 - MSU vs Wake Forest at 2:20 on ESPN in NYC for the Pinstripe Bowl
  • Dec 27 - #22 USC vs #16 IA at 7:00 on FS2 in San Diego for the Holiday Bowl

•  
    posted Hide Post
    I see Iowa took care of business. Good to see.

Posts: 17175 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of C-Dubs
    posted Hide Post
    That starter USC QB has great field vision. Quite impressive. Since he got hurt, they’ve sputtered, and Iowa has played played pretty well.

So far, the B1G looks good.

The MSU game was pretty good, back and forth. Good to see the Sparties pull it out.

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    Bucks tonight against Clemson. I'm hoping this isn't a repeat of 2016. That ruined New Year's Eve a few years ago.
    It'll be an interesting game.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Drill Here, Drill Now
    Picture of tatortodd
    posted Hide Post
    Sorry MSU fans and IA fans for not making much of a post yesterday. I'm on vacation and lost track of dates so I posted from the golf cart waiting for the group ahead of us to tee off on the first hole.

Dec 27th Wrap-up:
  • MSU vs Wake Forest at 2:20 on ESPN in NYC for the Pinstripe Bowl. Congrats to MSU for their bowl win which is the first Big Ten win this Bowl Season. I only caught a few minutes of this game from the "19th hole" but MSU looked good on both sides of the ball. Nobody had a statistically significant game, but many people had good games.
  • #22 USC vs #16 IA at 7:00 on FS2 in San Diego for the Holiday Bowl. Congrats to IA for their decisive win. I caught the 2nd half of this game. USC came out of half-time ready to play, but the IA defense slamming the QB's head off the turf (15 yard penalty) and a few plays later nearly ripping QB's arm off (clean play) resulting in their QB missing the rest of the game really changed the momentum. After that both IA's offense, defense, and special teams dominated the game.

•  
    Drill Here, Drill Now
    Picture of tatortodd
    posted Hide Post
    Dec 28th:
  • #18 Mogadishu on the Mississippi vs #10 PSU at 11:00 on ESPN in Arlington, TX, for the Cotton Bowl. Depending on which odds service you believe, the Nittany Lions are favored by 6.5 to 7 points. Statistically Memphis scores about a TD more per game, but PSU gives up 10 points less per game. They don't have any common opponents. I'm going with PSU to win and cover.
  • #3 Clemson vs #2 tOSU at 7:00 on ESPN in Glendale, AZ, for the Fiesta Bowl (aka one this year's semi-final playoff bowls). Depending on which odds service you believe, the Buckeyes are 2.5 to 3 point underdogs. I'm really looking forward to this game. Statistically the teams are within 2 points of each other and 20 yards of each other. They don't have any common opponents, but tOSU faced a superior strength of schedule (#1 vs #30) and tOSU's Fields had the better QB rating. I'm going with the Buckeyes to pull off the "upset."

•