SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The 2019-2020 Big Ten football thread - IU's Bowl on Pg 21
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 22
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The 2019-2020 Big Ten football thread - IU's Bowl on Pg 21 Login/Join 
Membership has its privileges
Picture of P-220
posted Hide Post
I lived in Ann Arbor until 1974, and I still bleed Blue.

No one was more excited than me, when Harbaugh returned to Ann Arbor.

I am as disappointed as anyone, with his performance. I truly thought he was the Captain who could right this ship.

It has been a tough couple of decades for us Michigan fans.

Niech Zyje P-220

Steve

Posts: 36834 | Location: 45174 | Registered: December 09, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of C-Dubs
posted Hide Post
Badgers did well yesterday, but the O-line could've done better for the rush blocking (their pass blocking was splendid). JT only had a bit over 100yds. Hopefully, they get their rush blocking down pat, so JT can get back to normal.

Next week, they've got a bye week Frown Would much rather have had it later in the season.

So, their next game isn't until the 21st, against Michigan.
We'll see what Michigan team shows up. If they play like they did versus Army, it could be a long day.

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Week 2 Wrap-up:
  • Rutgers at #20 Iowa @ 11:00 on FS1 - I was correct on predicting that the Hawkeyes would cover the spread. Not that they needed it, but I really thought Nate Stanley would toss 4 or 5 TDs. If I were a Hawekeye fan, I'd be a little nervous that Rutgers forced the IA offense to punt 6 times and kick 3 FGs.
  • #21 Syracuse at Maryland @ 11:00 on ESPN - I was correct on the the Terps winning and covering. MD opened up a can of whoop ass on the Orangemen, and scored early and often (21-7 at end of 1st, 42-13 at end of 2nd, 49-20 at end of 3rd, and 63-20 final).
  • Vanderbilt at Purdue @ 11:00 on BTN - ecstatic that my Boilermakers won and covered the spread. Always nice to get a W against an SEC team, but Vandy is pretty weak and Purdue has a lot to work on prior to Big Ten play.
  • #25 Nebraska at Colorado @ 2:30 on FOX - I was correct on the Cornhuskers not covering but wrong on them winning.

Cheers:
  • MD's offensive line. The hogs opened the way for 354 yards rushing, 6 rushing TDs, 296 yards passing, 3 passing TDs, and only gave up 1 sack.
  • MD QB Jackson. Threw for 296 yards, and 3 passing TDs.
  • tOSU's offensive line. They lead the way for 270 yards rushing, 4 rushing TDs, 238 yards passing, 2 passing TDs, and only gave up 1 sack.
  • tOSU's RB Dobbins. Has 2 TDs and 141 yards on 17 carries.
  • PSU's QB Clifford. Always hard to take over for a guy who holds practically every PSU QB record, but the sophomore Clifford tossed 4 TDs and 279 yards plus rushed for another 51 yards.
  • WI's offensive line lead the way for 400 yards passing, 3 passing TDs, 199 yards rushing, 5 rushing TDs, and only 1 sack.
  • WI's Heisman candidate RB Taylor. He rushed for 102 yards, and 3 TDS. He has also elevated his game by becoming a receiving threat (caught 3 passes). The junior already has 5 rushing TDs and the season is only 2 games old.
  • MSU's rush D. They held the Broncos to 67 yards on 27 attemps. Last week, they held Tulsa to negative 73 yards rushing.
  • Purdue's pass offense. Played good as a unit to put up 509 yards passing and 5 passing TDs.
  • Purdue's rush defense. Held Vandy to 71 yards rushing.
  • Purdue's Rondale Moore. Moore was dominant on offense with 13 receptions for 220 yards and a TD. Of course, he also returned punts and kicks where he averaged 17 yards per kick return.
  • IU's offense. 2 QBs split time and combined for over 400 yards passing and 4 passing TDs. The team rushed for 114 yards and 3 rushing TDs. Equally impressive they did it with 0 fumbles and 0 INTs.
  • IU's defense. Pitched a shutout and held E IL to 64 yards passing and 52 yards rushing.
  • Golden Gopher offense. Managed to put up 38 points on 234 yards passing, 146 yards rushing despite that abysmal ball handling performance of fumbling 5 times (lost 3).

Jeers:
  • MSU's neon uniforms. Did they lose a bet? Did they come with a free bowl of soup? Are they gonna go weedwhacking along the highway after the game?
  • UofM who was #1 in Big Ten power rankings going into the game was so sloppy that Army took them to double OT.
  • Cornhuskers blew a 17-0 half-time lead and loste by 3 in OT. The Cornhuskers D played matador in the 2nd half and gave up 24 points in the 4th quarter alone.
  • Purdue's rush offense. 31 yards rushing on 18 attempts is piss poor.
  • Purdue's pass defense. Gave up 420 yards and 2 TDs and only managed 3 sacks and 2 hurries. Vandy is not much of a team and that performance won't cut it against someone who can turn yards into points.

EDIT: Forgot Rondale Moore

This message has been edited. Last edited by: tatortodd,

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
  •  
    Posts: 23101 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of C-Dubs
    posted Hide Post
    Another cheer for the WI defense, for holding the Chippewas to 75 yds of total offense in the game, forcing them to punt 9 times.

2nd straight shutout.

“I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them.”

Posts: 2863 | Location: SE WI | Registered: October 07, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of C-Dubs
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by tatortodd:
    Week 2 Wrap-up:
    Cheers:
  • WI's Heisman candidate RB Taylor. He rushed for 102 yards, and 3 TDS. He has also elevated his game by becoming a receiving threat (caught 3 passes). The junior already has 5 rushing TDs and the season is only 2 games old.

• He had 4 TDs in game 1 (2 rushing, 2 pass receptions), and 4 TDs in game 2 (3 rushing, 1 pass reception).

8 TDs in 2 games is pretty good, but like you said, adding the receiver capability this year is big.

Bad dog!
    Picture of justjoe
    posted Hide Post
    Michigan has a new spread offence, but Zach Charbonnet carried 33 times yesterday, mostly between the tackles, for a total of 100 yards-- 3 yards a carry. What's that about old wine in new bottles?

Meanwhile, The OSU walloped a pretty good team 42-0

Imagine their glee as they look forward to meeting Michigan in November? It will be 5 straight losses to Ohio for Harbaugh.

"You get much farther with a kind word and a gun than with a kind word alone."

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Drill Here, Drill Now
    Picture of tatortodd
    posted Hide Post
    The last time Michigan had a new spread offense it was Rich Rod. That worked out well for Purdue and the rest of the Big Ten.

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23101 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Drill Here, Drill Now
    Picture of tatortodd
    posted Hide Post
    In today’s article, Bleacher Report is saying a lot of the same things the UofM fans in this thread are saying. Today’s article is titled, “Jim Harbaugh, Michigan's New System Yet to Shake Old Offensive Woes”

Quote worthy lines:
    quote:
    Any new offense demands corrections that aren't fixed in a week, and Gattis should gain comfort and awareness in his play-calling role as the year progresses. Runyan's return will boost the offensive line. A healthy Donovan Peoples-Jones significantly helps U-M's relatively thin depth at receiver.

Michigan doesn't have an unlimited amount of time, though. Reasonable excuses are fine, but they have an expiration date.

Picture of Shaql
    posted Hide Post
    Elijah Sindelar is currently the nation’s leading passer. His stats are currently at 932 yards, 9 touchdowns, 3 interceptions, 65.4% completion percentage and a quarterback rating of 163.5

And is reported to have a "slight concussion".

Next few days will be interesting in the Boiler Nation.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
    Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
    Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6845 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Facts are stubborn things
    Picture of armedprof
    posted Hide Post
    OSU schooled Cincinnati.
    TTUN almost laid an egg similar to the one they laid against App State a few years ago.

It was a good weekend to be a Buckeye.

The jeers about TTUN being overrated will start in earnest now.

Does anyone think Harbaugh's job is safe?

Do, Or do not. There is no try.

Posts: 1786 | Location: Just South of Charlotte, NC | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    The Karmanator
    Picture of Chance
    posted Hide Post
    Well Minnesota is till not looking good. They are having trouble maintaining momentum in the second half. the end of that game was amazing.

I thought Michigan looked terrible. Army should have won that game.

Posts: 3276 | Registered: December 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Drill Here, Drill Now
    Picture of tatortodd
    posted Hide Post
    Big Ten Power Rankings habe been published and as expected there is a new #1. Even better, Purdue went from #14 to #10 so we're heading in the right direction.

Drill Here, Drill Now
    Picture of tatortodd
    posted Hide Post
    Concerning news out of West Lafayette:
    quote:
    Purdue quarterback Elijah Sindelar 'game-time decision' vs. TCU

WEST LAFAYETTE – The word on Purdue quarterback Elijah Sindelar hasn’t changed about 48 hours before Saturday night’s kickoff against Texas Christian.

Coach Jeff Brohm said the fifth-year senior remains in the concussion protocol and is “a game-time” decision. The Boilermakers kickoff against the Horned Frogs at 7:30 p.m. inside Ross-Ade Stadium.

“He’s still in concussion protocol and we’re going to let it play out and it will be a game-time decision,” Brohm said after Thursday’s practice.

Sindelar suffered a concussion late in last week’s victory over Vanderbilt. He wasn’t seen at practice Tuesday but did practice Wednesday, at least the parts the media was permitted to watch. Thursday’s practices aren’t open to the media.

Sindelar is the nation’s leader in passing yards (932), total offense (968) and is tied for the top spot in touchdown passes (9). Purdue probably needs Sindelar’s experience facing TCU’s vaunted defense and the ability to hit big plays, especially down the field.

If Sindelar isn’t cleared, redshirt freshman Jack Plummer would get his first start.

Bad dog!
    Picture of justjoe
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by MRMATT:
    quote:
    Originally posted by justjoe:
    Michigan wins by a field goal in overtime 2.

In a word, Michigan looked awful.

Their offence was pathetic. Their defence won it for them by stripping the Army quarterback and recovering the fumble.

And, yet, the pollsters will still rank them in the top ten.

They are ranked #10. After that absolutely embarrassing performance as the #7 ranked team, with a weak defence and a pathetic offence, they plummeted... 3 places. Roll Eyes

Posts: 11106 | Location: pennsylvania | Registered: June 05, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Legalize the Constitution
    Picture of TMats
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    quote:
    Originally posted by MRMATT:
    quote:
    Michigan wins by a field goal in overtime 2.

In a word, Michigan looked awful.

Their offence was pathetic. Their defence won it for them by stripping the Army quarterback and recovering the fumble.

And, yet, the pollsters will still rank them in the top ten.

They are ranked #10. After that absolutely embarrassing performance as the #7 ranked team, with a weak defence and a pathetic offence, they plummeted... 3 places. Roll Eyes

Hey, their helmets are cool

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Drill Here, Drill Now
    Picture of tatortodd
    posted Hide Post
    As with past years, I only make non-conference predictions on non-creampuff games and games that interest me (e.g. Purdue). Feel free to make your own predictions if I don't mention your favorite Big Ten team.

Week 3 Predictions (all times Central time):
  • #6 tOSU @ IU @ 11:00 on Fox - depending on which odds service you believe the Nittany Lions are 15 to 18 point favorites. Vegas has lost their minds as this is going to be a curb stomping. The Buckeyes cover by half-time (aka win and cover) and the second half ends up being a great opportunity for a Saturday afternoon nap.
  • Pitt @ #13 PSU @ 11:00 on ABC - depending on which odds service you believe the Nittany Lions are 17 to 17.5 point favorites. Pitt gave up 30 to UVA who isn't as good as PSU, and could only put up 14 against UVA and 20 against OH. In other words this intrastate rivalry will be a drubbing, and PSU wins and covers.
  • #21 MD @ Temple @ 11:00 on CBSSN - depending on which odds service you believe the Terps are 7 to 8 point favorites. On paper, both teams are offensive powerhouses and have good D's. However, Temple has only done it once and MD has done it twice including Syracus (aka better opponent). Terps win and cover.
  • ASU @ #18 MSU @ 3:00 on Fox - the Sparties are unanimously 14.5 point favorites. Both teams hold their opponents to low points, but the Sparties defense is lights out with -3.0 rush yards allowed per game. The Sparties have a much better offense in terms of ppg and ability to rush. Sparties hold another team to under 100 yards rushing, win, and cover.
  • #19 IA @ IA ST @ 3:00 on FS1 - depending on which odds service you believe the Hawkeyes are 1 to 2 point favorites. This is likely the best game of the weekend. On paper, both teams have pretty even offenses, but the Hawkeyes have a much better defense. Defense makes the difference and Hawkeyes win and cover.
  • TCU @ Purdue @ 6:30 on BTN - depending on which odds service you believe my Boilerakers are 1 to 2 point underdogs. Tip of the hat to Purdue's athletic department for scheduling a perennial Top 20 opponent. Purdue gives up too many points per game, but having the nation's leading passer (900+ yards and 9 TDs) is the reason they're 1-1 not 0-2. If Sindelar plays then Purdue has a good chance of winning. If he doesn't, the redshirt freshman and Purdue's weak running attack are unlikely to make up for the amount of points Purdue's D gives up. Additionally, Purdue's co-captain and starting linebacker, Bailey, is out for the season which is bad news for the D. I'm going with my brain (i.e. not my heart) and predict the Horn Frogs win and cover (i.e. Purdue loses).
  • No IL @ NE @ 7:00 on FS1 - depending on which odds service you believe the Cornhuskers are 13.5 to 14 point favorites. Both teams are 1-1, but the Huskies lost to a much better opponent (#13 Utah). Additionally, the Huskies take down a Big Ten team every few years (e.g. they beat NE in '17). I like to see the Big Ten win all of their non-conference games, but tomorrow I'm going with my gut for the Huskies to pull off the upset (i.e. NE loses and fails to cover).

•  
    Bad dog!
    Picture of justjoe
    posted Hide Post
    You didn't mention Michigan. They will have their best Saturday of the season tomorrow. Roll Eyes

Picture of PowerSurge
    posted Hide Post
    MSU and Pedophile State are WEAK this year! PSU nearly lost to a VERY weak Pitt. Lol

———————————————
    The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Drill Here, Drill Now
    Picture of tatortodd
    posted Hide Post
    PowerSurge, please edit your post as your nickname for PSU is not within the bounds of the expected decorum of this thread.
    quote:
    Requests:
  • It’s just a game so let’s keep the ribbing good-natured.

• Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

posted Hide Post
    Cripes!!! ISU blew it.

Posts: 4024 | Registered: January 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post