SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The 2019-2020 Big Ten football thread - IU's Bowl on Pg 21
Page 1 2 3 4 5 ... 22
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The 2019-2020 Big Ten football thread - IU's Bowl on Pg 21 Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
I am really very enthusiastic for Michigan's season this year.
As a former Letterman for Michigan, my heart will always be True Blue!!!SmileSmile
Go Blue!!!! Win'em all !!!!SmileSmile

If you think you can, YOU WILL!!!!!

Posts: 3833 | Location: Wolverine-Land!!!! | Registered: August 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sidss1:
As a former Letterman for Michigan, my heart will always be True Blue!!!SmileSmile
What did you letter in?

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23102 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Resident Undertaker
Picture of BigCity
posted Hide Post
ABD. After all, it's Michigan...

John

The key to enforcement is to punish the violator, not an inanimate object. The punishment of inanimate objects for the commission of a crime or carelessness is an affront to stupidity.

Posts: 1727 | Location: People's Republik of Maryland | Registered: November 14, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Less than 23 hours until the Big Ten season kicks off!

As with past years, I only make non-conference predictions on non-creampuff games and games that interest me (e.g. Purdue). Feel free to make your own predictions if I don't mention your favorite Big Ten team.

Week 1 Predictions (all times Central time):
  • Thursday - SD State @ MN @ 8:00 on FS1 - only 2 odds services gave odds for this game and the Gophers are favored by 13.5 to 14.5 points depending on which one you believe. I like PJ Fleck and I'm going with my gut that MN wins and covers.
  • Friday - Purdue @ Nevada @ 8:30 PM on CBSSN - my beloved Boilermakers are favored by 10.5 to 11 points depending on which one you believe. Purdue ended last season being beaten like a redheaded stepchild and I have to believe that it's been gnawing at them these past 8 months. Additionally, I'm expecting an improved and more disciplined team so I'm going with Purdue to win and cover.
  • Saturday - NWU @ Stanford @ 3:00 PM on Fox - the Cardinals are favored by 5.5 to 6.5 points depending on which one you believe. I have nothing to base this on, but I like Coach Fitzgerald so I'm going with the Wildcats to pull off the upset (i.e. beat the spread).

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
  •  
    Posts: 23102 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by tatortodd:
    quote:
    Originally posted by sidss1:
    What did you letter in?

I lettered in Cross-Country and Men's Track. It was a most wonderful experience.

One of my team-mates was the late Kris Eggle. Kris went on to become a Law-Enforcement agent with the National Park Service. He was posted at a park on the Arizona-Mexico border, and in 2001, he got in a firefight with a gang of Mexican drug smugglers, and in that firefight, he was killed. I remember my good friend Kris. Frown

If you think you can, YOU WILL!!!!!

Posts: 3833 | Location: Wolverine-Land!!!! | Registered: August 20, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of PowerSurge
    posted Hide Post
    https://www.amazon.com/City-Sh...n%2Caps%2C145&sr=8-1

———————————————
    The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 3955 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Drill Here, Drill Now
    Picture of tatortodd
    posted Hide Post
    MN scores first points (touchdown) of the '19-'20 Big Ten season 1/3 of the way through the 2nd quarter.

Drill Here, Drill Now
    Picture of tatortodd
    posted Hide Post
    Holy crap! 75% thru the 3rd quarter and SD State just took the lead Eek The jack rabbits have dominated the 4rd quarter.

Facts are stubborn things
    Picture of armedprof
    posted Hide Post
    Ohio State for the Big Ten Champion and we will beat the Team up North again. Khaki pants has not proven he can beat the Buckeyes

It is awesome to have football back.

Do, Or do not. There is no try.

Posts: 1786 | Location: Just South of Charlotte, NC | Registered: February 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    The Karmanator
    Picture of Chance
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Holy crap! 75% thru the 3rd quarter and SD State just took the lead Eek The jack rabbits have dominated the 4rd quarter.

Much of that game was pretty bad for MN - but the 3rd quarter was horrible. I am amazed they pulled out the win.

There were so many missed assignments in that game. MN just did not look ready to play at all.

I had a hard time watching it.

Posts: 3276 | Registered: December 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of ch23701
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by ch23701:
    Here’s to hoping the Northwestern Wildcats can again win the B1G Western Conference. They have a tough one starting with Stanford out there. The Cats defense should be good. They return a tough running back in Bowser. And it will be interesting if the 5 star quarterback Hunter Johnson (Clemson transfer) can lead them to victory and another shot at the B1G title game. Go Cats!!

Posts: 255 | Location: SW Michigan | Registered: September 03, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Drill Here, Drill Now
    Picture of tatortodd
    posted Hide Post
    We're moments from Purdue's kick-off of their '19-'20 season.

A little humor to kick-off the season:

posted Hide Post
    HO hum.. I saw Leroy Keyes and Bob Griese play back in the day. Leroy was impressive. More likeable than the Juice. Not in West Lafayette though...

Posts: 17177 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of Shaql
    posted Hide Post
    5 turnovers. Not the Brohm-led team I was looking for...

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
    Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
    Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6845 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Go Vols!
    Picture of Oz_Shadow
    posted Hide Post
    I would love to see MTSU play a great game. I doubt that’s going to happen.

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Drill Here, Drill Now
    Picture of tatortodd
    posted Hide Post
    Purdue snatched defeat out of the jaws of victory. We were 24-7 at half, and after trading TDs (31-14) the genius coaching staff decides to put in the God awful prevent (a win) defense. With the cushy defense, Nevada starts moving the ball easily and puts 2 TDs on the board. Purdue switches to a man defense, and at this point they're tired and Nevada has a lot of confidence so they score a TD and a field goal to win 31-34.
    quote:
    Originally posted by Shaql:
    Including an interception with 12 seconds left which gave Nevada to opportunity to kick the game winning field goal as the clock expired.

Also special teams were crappy. Punt return was the most disappointing since we have a Heisman candidate (long shot) as the return man and his own blockers are running into him as he is trying to catch the punt.

The reason why so many predicted Purdue to finish 6 of 7 in the West is that we're young and it certainly showed last night.

posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Purdue snatched defeat out of the jaws of victory. We were 24-7 at half, and after trading TDs (31-14) the genius coaching staff decides to put in the God awful prevent (a win) defense. With the cushy defense, Nevada starts moving the ball easily and puts 2 TDs on the board. Purdue switches to a man defense, and at this point they're tired and Nevada has a lot of confidence so they score a TD and a field goal to win 31-34.
    quote:
    Originally posted by Shaql:
    Including an interception with 12 seconds left which gave Nevada to opportunity to kick the game winning field goal as the clock expired.

Also special teams were crappy. Punt return was the most disappointing since we have a Heisman candidate (long shot) as the return man and his own blockers are running into him as he is trying to catch the punt.

The reason why so many predicted Purdue to finish 6 of 7 in the West is that we're young and it certainly showed last night.

Stopped on my way home from work last night and watched the game. At halftime I thought they had it wrapped up. Bad coaching and some inexperience.
    A little over and hour and the Bucks are on. I am more than curious to see Fields and the defense.
    I get that it's Florida Atlantic but no more Haskins and the defense was less than stellar last season.
    See how they look.

I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for who I'm not.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Legalize the Constitution
    Picture of TMats
    posted Hide Post
    Wow, Todd, sorry.

Posts: 13166 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    Unimpressed.
    Almost halftime and it should be a larger score.
    Fields looks alright but this is Florida Atlantic. He should be tearing them up.
    Defense looks alright but we're not in the heart of the Big10.
    Could be a long season.

Posts: 3652 | Location: The armpit of Ohio | Registered: August 18, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    And 2 turnovers. Against this school?
    Sloppy.