SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The 2019-2020 Big Ten football thread - IU's Bowl on Pg 21
Page 1 ... 19 20 21 22
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The 2019-2020 Big Ten football thread - IU's Bowl on Pg 21 Login/Join 
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Southflorida-law:
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
Poor Hoosiers didn’t have their starting QB Penix. Would’ve been a different outcome for sure.

For a Big 10 fan this one has to really hurt. Worst, Tennessee really didnt even have a QB. They kept benching the starter. Then they put him back in and he throws a pick 6. Indiana's bigger problem was the kicker, left at least 4 points on the field.

TN has struggled at QB for a while. The team all together has been very inconsistent. I figured this would be a fairly even match that would come down to which team actually showed up to play and wanting to win.

Posts: 17886 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
Jan 2nd Wrap-up:
  • IU vs TN at 6:00 on ESPN in Jacksonville, FL, for the Gator Bowl. The Hosers snatched defeat out of the jaws of victory. They were up 22-9 and gave up 14 points in the last 4.5 minutes of the game. Ramsey settled down after the first drive INT and had a good game with 227 yards passing, 54 yards rushing, and a rushing TD. IU's defense couldn't mount a pass rush with only 1 sack and 1 hurry, and when it counted couldn't stop making penalties which kept TN drives alive.

Big Ten Bowl Season Wrap-up:
  • Overall, it was another fun bowl season, but it was disappointing the end result being the Big Ten was 4-5 in bowl games
  • Kudos to IA, MSU, PSU, and MN for winning
  • Avg margin of victory was 13, median was 10.5
  • Avg margin of loss was 8.4, median was 6
  • The saddest part of it all, no more Big Ten football until August Frown

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
  •  
    Posts: 23253 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of Shaql
    posted Hide Post
    About this time last year I found the '18-'19 thread to announce Rondale Moore getting honors and accolades.

This year I found this thread to announce he's going to forgo the '20-'21 season and enter the draft in '21. Considering he was injured all last year, I think this is a mistake going pro with so little tape but what do I know. But it is depressing news.

Link

BREAKING NEWS: Rondale Moore Opts-Out of 2020 Season, Will Declare for 2021 NFL Draft

Amidst the craziness of 2020 and the COVID-19 pandemic, Rondale Moore announced via Twitter that he will opt-out of playing the upcoming college football season and is declaring for the 2021 NFL Draft. There were rumblings that this could be a possibility with the 2020 season up in the air due to COVID-19, and Moore made it official today.

Farewell pic.twitter.com/4LioRRoOEM
    — Rondale Moore (@moore_rondale) August 6, 2020

As much as it stings for Purdue fans to see such a great talent leave, it is hard not to blame him. He only suited up for the Boilermakers for 17 games, but what a hell of a time he had in West Lafayette.

During his two college seasons, he racked up 1,645 receiving yards while getting to the end zone 14 times through the air, while rushing for another two scores and having 931 kick/punt return yards. Rondale is quite possibly the best talent that Purdue Football has ever seen and although it was short, had a tremendous career for the Boilermakers.

Purdue fans around the world will never forget his performance against Ohio State in 2018 and the insane touchdown he scored late in that game to stun the #2 ranked Buckeyes. It will be interesting to see how his career progresses at the NFL level, but he should be drafted in the first round of the NFL Draft next spring.

Rondale was the model student-athlete during his time at Purdue. This young man got a degree from the best university in the country, broke all sorts of records on the field, and gave Purdue fans memories that will stick with them forever.

On behalf of Boilermaker Nation, thank you for everything Rondale and good luck moving forward we cannot wait to see what the future holds for you. Boiler Up!

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
    Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
    Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post