SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone have a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8”?? (Bought one yesterday)
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone have a Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8”?? (Bought one yesterday) Login/Join 
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
ICS’ Black Friday sale is up and running I ordered the mount, support plate, and their 3.1amp charger for $98 usually $116.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25420 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cne32507
posted Hide Post
I use Amazon Prime Music HD exclusively now. I've tried most of the others (but not VLC) and like the interface better. The HD upgrade will play HiRes music, but Tab A's DAC, while pretty good, is not the very best. That would be an LG V30 and above.

Posts: 2520 | Location: High Sierra & Low Desert | Registered: February 03, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
It's a lot of tablet even at $89. I'm thinking about getting a backup even though my Tab 8 is into it's fourth year with no hiccups, including a couple drops onto a laminate floor.

As a Windows PC user, the switch to Android was pretty much painless, I surely use the tablet before I use my hated phone.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8343 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
Hey Black92LX, you might try the torque app too. Has different gauges than what's available from the factory in our Toyota vehicles.

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:
Hey Black92LX, you might try the torque app too. Has different gauges than what's available from the factory in our Toyota vehicles.

What sort of different things?

————————————————

Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
than what's available from the factory in our Toyota vehicles.

Tundra Forum thread about PID's

Trans Temp
Speed/RPM
Battery
Coolant Temp
Altitude
0-60 time
Maybe TPMS if you can get it figured out

Tons of different stuff which I don't fully understand because I haven't used it yet myself. Will play around with it once I get my Tab and OBD reader Tuesday

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steve495
posted Hide Post
I actually just picked up one today. For $90, seems to be a good value and they include a 32gb SD card with the package.

I plan on using it for the DJI Mini 2 drone I have coming in a couple of days. Maybe also around the office for a mini TV.

Steve

Small Business Website Design & Maintenance - https://spidercreations.net | OpSpec Training - https://opspectraining.com | Grayguns - https://grayguns.com

Evil exists. You can not negotiate with, bribe or placate evil. You're not going to be able to have it sit down with Dr. Phil for an anger management session either.

Posts: 4990 | Location: Windsor Locks, Conn. | Registered: July 18, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:
quote:
than what's available from the factory in our Toyota vehicles.

Tundra Forum thread about PID's

Trans Temp
Speed/RPM
Battery
Coolant Temp
Altitude
0-60 time
Maybe TPMS if you can get it figured out

Tons of different stuff which I don't fully understand because I haven't used it yet myself. Will play around with it once I get my Tab and OBD reader Tuesday

Same PIDs I have the TPMS is a little bit of a pain.
I used this to get them
https://www.4runners.com/threa...time-tpms-psi.12521/

All these apps are pretty much identical, Torque, OBDLink, Fusion etc.

————————————————

probably a good thing
I don't have a cut
posted Hide Post
Just an FYI, that Samsung EVO Select 512gb microSD card is at the lowest price I've ever seen it at today at Amazon. $64.99 with Free Shipping.

Posts: 3382 | Location: Tampa, FL | Registered: February 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post