SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Anyone found shooting glasses that resist fogging ?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Anyone found shooting glasses that resist fogging ? Login/Join 
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted
Most of my older glasses were the squared design with corners that sit farther from the face. They seemed to fog way less.

Pretty much everything out now is a closer fitting wrap design. I probably have tried 7 or 8 pairs. If I wear a hat (always when shooting) they all fog.

Anyone found any that are readily available and resist fogging, either by design or a coating ? Clear lenses. I don't need anything fancy.

Posts: 17884 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not as lean, not as mean,
Still a Marine
Picture of Gibb
posted Hide Post
I have a set of Oakley M frames that are vented at the top and that really cuts down on the fogging. Not sure if they are even made any longer though...

ETA: Oakley has the RadarLock Path with clear lenses and vents. Not cheap though.

Oakley.com

I shall respect you until you open your mouth, from that point on, you must earn it yourself.

Posts: 3352 | Location: Southern Maine | Registered: February 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
fugitive from reality
Picture of SgtGold
posted Hide Post
I was using ESS before I went to Randolph. The ESS design is a wrap around, but it's got a fair bit of ventilation. The Randolph model I use is the XLW.

Posts: 7073 | Location: Newyorkistan | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anti Fog lens wipes are probably what you need.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lost
Picture of kkina
posted Hide Post
I just use soap.

ACCU-STRUT FOR MINI-14
"First, Eyes."

Posts: 16337 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: December 11, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
I use these and they work pretty well.

quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
Anti Fog lens wipes are probably what you need.

Posts: 1978 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Decot high wides keep my sweaty problem u dear control, but when it really gets moist I ditch the hat and wear a sweatband. Not tactile, but badass in a Bjorn Borg sort of way.

Posts: 1799 | Location: Spokane, WA | Registered: June 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 229DAK
posted Hide Post
Spit on them and wash it off in the ocean.

Posts: 9036 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Greymann
posted Hide Post
Spit and rinse

Posts: 1553 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 21, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Stlhead:
Decot high wides keep my sweaty problem u dear control, but when it really gets moist I ditch the hat and wear a sweatband. Not tactile, but badass in a Bjorn Borg sort of way.

Same here, sweat bands are part of my range bag...much less fogging

Cat crap works, also interior windshield wipes....rain-x.

And yes the new wrap around frames look cool....probably safer but I can feel how much heat they retain.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Haveme1or2
posted Hide Post
Pulling them away from my forehead a bit is the only thing that helps me.
Some ppl have tear ducts that breathe ....everything fogs up.

Posts: 1002 | Location: Mint Hill NC | Registered: November 26, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sigseller2000
posted Hide Post
Edge Eyewear - only company that makes lenses with anti fog built in, not as a coating you have to reapply.
Best part is they are inexpensive. Clear range glasses are about $20! And the lenses are ballistic rated to boot!

Posts: 782 | Location: Chicago area | Registered: November 10, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Smarter than the
average bear
posted Hide Post
I really like these Radians:

https://www.amazon.com/Radians...L70_&dpSrc=srch&th=1

I won't say they never fog up, but it takes a lot to get them to fog. The lenses are separated from the frame at the top, and that makes a huge difference. In addition, they are adjustable for temple length and angle.

I've had very expensive shooting glasses and still had problems, so I just buy these in bulk now and move them to the "loaner" bag when they get scuffed up. Many colors and other options available.

Posts: 3435 | Location: Baton Rouge, Louisiana | Registered: June 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Greymann:
Spit and rinse

Always worked scuba diving.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5685 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post