SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    anyone here ever torn a pectoral muscle? what was the recovery like?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

anyone here ever torn a pectoral muscle? what was the recovery like? Login/Join 
posted
please share your recovery

late 40s btw

------------------------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yes, but not one of my own. Razz

Posts: 107576 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Free men do not ask
permission to bear arms
Picture of George43
posted Hide Post
6 different ones during my teens.

A gun in the hand is worth more than ten policemen on the phone.
The American Revolution was carried out by a group of gun toting religious zealots.

Posts: 3808 | Location: Spring, Texas | Registered: June 26, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Security Sage
Picture of striker1
posted Hide Post
Badly strained one when I was lifting in my 20s. It took 6 weeks because I kept aggravating it. Just follow the doc/therapist advice.

RB

Cancer fighter (Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma) since 2009, now fighting Diffuse Large B-Cell Lymphoma.

Posts: 7133 | Location: Michiana | Registered: March 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
follow the doc/therapist advice

Best advice possible; like a partially torn rotator cuff, you can power through it but it will not heal. worse, it might let let completely like a little fireplug powerhouse of a guy I knew in college. You can bet the recovery time for that was substantially longer.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15574 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I lifted weights with a coworker. We both benched with just the palms of our hands; fingers are not curled around the bar. In college he was benching 420 and the bar slipped out of his hands, hit his chest and cracked his sternum in half. Doc said the only reason it did not kill him was because his chest was so well muscled.

I have tore many different muscles. The only thing that works is seeing a doctor, quit doing whatever caused the tear, and do the therapy to prevent scar tissue from building up.

I finally, in my 40's, tore up enough body parts that I had to quit. It sure was addicting. 6'4", 250 lbs, and never had to worry about anyone messing with me. I didn't drink and never picked fights. It's different today because you never know who has a gun.

Sgt. USMC 1970 - 1973

Posts: 411 | Location: Columbiana, Ohio  | Registered: May 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not torn, however very bad strained on from lifting weights when younger. Took several months to fully heal. God Bless Smile

"Always legally conceal carry. At the right place and time, one person can make a positive difference."

Posts: 3069 | Location: Sector 001 | Registered: October 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
stupid beyond
all belief
Picture of Deqlyn
posted Hide Post
Also strained/pulled mine doing t pushups with weights. About 3-4 weeks. Probably double for torn or more.

What man is a man that does not make the world better. -Balian of Ibelin

Only boring people get bored. - Ruth Burke

Posts: 8227 | Registered: September 13, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Its feeling a lot better and thanks for the comments - I will be sure to rest it appropriately. Happened on Monday. Huge bruise running down my arm now 6 days later.

Age 49. Doing a make-able weight after sufficient warmup. 6 sets or so into my workout. Damn if it didn't just 'pop'. Hurt like a mofo. Had a spotter so no issues there.

I have torn leg muscles before - hamstring and quad - but this is a first for the upper body.

--------------------

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post