SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Amazon Music Storage to delete uploaded music
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Amazon Music Storage to delete uploaded music Login/Join 
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted
Apparently they are discontinuing the ability to upload music, and absent action from you will delete any items you previously uploaded. This doesn't apply to items purchased from them of course that were loaded digitally at the same time.

Several years ago I ripped my entire collection of CDs to have a backup on PC and to upload to Amazon so I could access anywhere via the app.

If you've done similar, don't ignore the email you will get similar to this:

quote:
Dear Georgeair,

Your subscription to Amazon Music Storage is set to expire in 30 days. Amazon Music is making updates to the Music Storage service and you can no longer renew your subscription or upload music beyond your expiry date. However, you can retain access to your previously uploaded content if you take the following steps:

To keep your music, please take the following two steps:

1. Go to your Music Settings on your web browser
2. Click the “Keep my songs” button to direct us to save a copy of your music

Additional Information:

Why am I receiving this email? Our records indicate that you have uploaded one or more songs to your music library.

Can I access music already uploaded to my music library? Yes, if you take the outlined steps above before your subscription expires in 30 days.

Does this affect digital music I’ve purchased from Amazon? No, you can continue to access all your purchased music on all your devices.

What happens if I don’t take action before my subscription expires? Your uploaded songs will be removed from your library unless you direct us to save a copy of your music by selecting the “Keep my songs” option in your Music Settings.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
thin skin can't win
Picture of Georgeair
posted Hide Post
Has anybody else rolled over into this period where they stop storing your uploaded music? If so, any issues with your music being retained?

If you are using this service I strongly recommend that you check just prior to and after the deadline for your renewal. Mine "was disappeared" (thank you Jitendradia), but an online chat was able to "restore the disappeared musics for you".

Check on them.

You only have integrity once. - imprezaguy02

Posts: 12417 | Location: Madison, MS | Registered: December 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
Sounds like your "disappeared" music was found in Mumbai.

Hopefully you got it all back.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20321 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Awaits his CUT
of choice
posted Hide Post
This happened to me a long time ago.

When they first opened the music service you could upload your library and access it using amazon music for free. Unlimited storage.

We have an Alexa so we liked listening to our library via Alexa.

Several months later Amazon decided that there would be a limit to free storage if you were not a music subscriber. 250 songs max. Amazon truncated our uploaded library to 250 in a completely random selection. Most albums have several songs but not the whole album available.

Not nearly as useful as it used to be and I don't want to pay for the music service as I would not use it enough.

Posts: 2715 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 01, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post