SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    I don't think that will buff out of your Lamborghini.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

I don't think that will buff out of your Lamborghini. Login/Join 
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted
Per our local newspaper, this incident took place in Kirkwood, MO, which is within St. Louis MO...

Link to Article with Pictures & Video:

https://www.stltoday.com/news/...71-706d247675fd.html

Article Repasted below:

A minivan in the middle of an exotic car show already sticks out like a sore thumb.
When that van plays a role in starting a giant fireball that turns one of those cars into a charred hunk of metal, well, that's enough to bring tears to the eyes of any car lover.

A man at a Kirkwood gas station early Saturday evening saw a red Lamborghini stopped at a pump directly in front of a blue Lamborghini and hit record on his cellphone. Seconds into the video, a minivan opposite the blue car is shown pulling away from the pump with the gas hose still attached.

The hose detached, sending a spray of gasoline toward the blue Lamborghini, a Huracan Performante. Things went downhill quickly from there.

According to Parker Gelber, who was driving the red car and had gone inside the building, the fuel sprayed into the Huracan's engine bay, which went up in flames, leading to a massive ball of fire.
Kirkwood Fire and Rescue, along with crews from Glendale, Des Peres, West County and Frontenac, extinguished the blaze, which had torched the Huracan and the gas pump. Kirkwood Fire and Rescue said no one was hurt in the incident.

The cars weren't so lucky. The Huracan, which retails for at least $275,000, was reduced to charred metal. Gelber said his car was covered in ash, but was otherwise not damaged.

Kirkwood police said the incident was ruled an accident, according to KTVI and Riverfront Times.

A bystander recorded video of the giant fireball.

Posts: 3698 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I saw that on the local news. Initially there was a Ferrari right next to it. Bummer for sure.

Posts: 3875 | Registered: January 25, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shit don't
mean shit
posted Hide Post
I worked at a gas station from about 1989 - 1994. All of our hoses had couplings on them so when some moron drove away with the hose still in the car it wouldn't spray gas everywhere. I am really surprised the pump didn't have them.

Posts: 5734 | Location: 7400 feet in Conifer CO | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
OMG!
What a bummer... there you are... showing off your Lambo... beautiful day, smile on your face!
And then the mini van pulls in next to you...

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23945 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Minivan have ugly-ass wheels?

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gone but Together Again.
Dad & Uncle
Picture of h2oys
posted Hide Post
One has to wonder how the mini-van owner will pay for the replacement Lambo?

It wasn't a car accident so I doubt their auto insurance policy will pay so I guess it would have to be their homeowners liability policy?

Posts: 3698 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: November 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
Why's there a person flying through the air in that photo?

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mensch
Picture of kz1000
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RAMIUS:
Why's there a person flying through the air in that photo?

I'm assuming they're still holding the nozzle/hose.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Yidn, shreibt un fershreibt"

"The Nazis entered this war under the rather childish delusion that they were going to bomb everyone else, and nobody was going to bomb them. At Rotterdam, London, Warsaw and half a hundred other places, they put their rather naive theory into operation. They sowed the wind, and now they are going to reap the whirlwind."
-Bomber Harris

Posts: 16119 | Location: Ivorydale | Registered: January 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
All of our hoses had couplings on them so when some moron drove away with the hose still in the car it wouldn't spray gas everywhere. I am really surprised the pump didn't have them.

It did. The pumps was not pumping fuel at full blast, but there was a good amount of mist that sprayed out as the two pieces separated. These exotic cars have a way of sucking in everything around them. I have even heard of cigarette butts being ingested and causing a fire.

quote:
It wasn't a car accident so I doubt their auto insurance policy will pay so I guess it would have to be their homeowners liability policy?

There will be three companies fighting that out among themselves. I suspect that absent any other coverage the car owner's insurance would cover his car. The van owner may or may not have insurance, but even if they do may not be enough to cover the car. Then you have the "faulty design" of the pump, so the station owner's liability (and perhaps even the manufacturers of the pump/components) would be on the hook as well.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15694 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Here's your chance to own it... Big Grin

2018 LAMBORGHINI HURACAN PERFORMANTE

https://www.copart.com/lot/401...MO_St_Louis_Featured

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23945 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Looks like the Lamborghini logo from the back end might be salvageable, maybe.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
Here's your chance to own it... Big Grin

2018 LAMBORGHINI HURACAN PERFORMANTE

https://www.copart.com/lot/401...MO_St_Louis_Featured

The bid is up to $15,600- reserve still not met Eek

I suppose the frame, steering assembly, brakes, etc. are still serviceable, along with plenty of other more robust parts...

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15501 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
Minivan have ugly-ass wheels?

That's funny.

Who was it re doing his yard and had a pic of his van with ugly as tires?

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11246 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by h2oys:
One has to wonder how the mini-van owner will pay for the replacement Lambo?

He won't. His insurer will pay the policy limits. The Lambo owner's insurers will pay the rest. Maybe the gas station's insurer, or the pump maker would get involved if those parties have any potential fault. The driver probably doesn't have two nickels, although he could be forced into bankruptcy.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53118 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post