SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    West Texas Dairy Queens
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

West Texas Dairy Queens Login/Join 
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted
They're giving away "ice cream" cones today for the first day of spring. I just had one. I've never felt more alive.

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Well, yeah they're good (even great), but..."never felt more alive?!?" Whoa

Posts: 13164 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
Wink

Posts: 26852 | Location: Jerkwater, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
Conditions are right for a blizzard.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18385 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DrDan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
They're giving away "ice cream" cones today for the first day of spring. I just had one. I've never felt more alive.

Driving across country in July, my time through West Texas was only tempered with Dairy Queen stops. I couldn't eat a cone fast enough to stop it from melting, and that was inside the car with AC on full blast. Whew!

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 4870 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of dubya
posted Hide Post
I've always liked DQ. Had a bunch of the plastic animals they put in your drink in the 60's...

quote:
Originally posted by arfmel: I've never felt more alive.

Sons of the Republic of Texas, NRA, TSRA
God Bless America

Posts: 4075 | Location: The Great Lone Star State, Texas | Registered: March 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go Vols!
Picture of Oz_Shadow
posted Hide Post
I think its all Dairy Queens today

Posts: 17871 | Location: SE Michigan | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
I wondered. I only made it to one.

Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oz_Shadow:
I think its all Dairy Queens today

Yeah

quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
I wondered. I only made it to one.

Ha! Big Grin

Posts: 4981 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of CQB60
posted Hide Post
Good stuff made better cause its free Wink

Posts: 13796 | Location: VIrtual | Registered: November 13, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
I love DQ. Where I grew up they only served ice cream though and were seasonal. No dining area either, just an order window. They were open from like May to September or something. I remember the first time I saw a DQ down south that had a dining area and served food I was flabbergasted. Who'da thunk something like that existed???

Posts: 10635 | Registered: June 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
They call that the Texas Stop Sign. . .

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
DQ makes a pretty good burger, too.

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53117 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
The rural, old school DQs have very good chicken strips too. They serve 'em the proper way too, with a side of white gravy. The big city DQs seem to be serving a food service grade chicken strip that isn't up to the standards of the rural, old school DQs.

I'm a big fan of the Heath Bar Blizzards too.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.

Posts: 23098 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Cobra21
posted Hide Post
God loves Texas and Dairy Queen!

Risk the consequences of honesty...

Posts: 4498 | Location: DFW, TX | Registered: December 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Two salesmen are driving through Arizona when they come to the town of Ajo. Not being from the Southwest and having no familiarity with Spanish, they got in a discussion about the proper way to pronounce the name of the town.

They reached the city limits, and on the left side of the road spotted a familiar ice cream store.

They went to the window and ordered a couple of soft ice cream cones from the young girl working the window. As they were receiving their change one of the salesmen said: "Say, my partner and I were having a discussion; how do you say the name of this place?"

The young girl had a puzzled look cross her face for a moment, looked back and forth at both men, then speaking very slowly and clearly said:
"Dair-ee Kween."

Posts: 13164 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post